+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Barko

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi everyone, I got a question about ECAS.

I have submitted the Police Certificate and Schedule A quite awhile ago (at least 2 weeks) and my medicals were done and received and the ECAS only says my application has been received.
Do they have to wait for all three (PC, Schedule A and medicals) to move ECAS to the next step (In Process)?

Here is a screenshot of what is currently showing on ECAS and GCKey:
https://imgur.com/a/u8qNV
Our ECAS and GCKey looked identical up untill yesterday I checked my ECAS and it changed to "In Process" but the notes are the same no additional line nor i received an email. Medical passed but additional documents on GCKey still says "uploaded" which means it hasn't been reviewed.

As far as PCC is concerned it depends on the country of resident where the PA lives. sometimes they request it before they transfer your application to the VO, sometimes after, and sometimes they don't ask at all like applicant who live in the Gulf countries and with no legal statues they are exempted and not required to provide PCC as it is impossible to obtain, so it really depends on where the PA reside.

Whats new to me is changing to "In Process" without any updates to my ECAS notes nor an email from IRCC?

Reactions: higemanjuu

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Our ECAS and GCKey looked identical up untill yesterday I checked my ECAS and it changed to "In Process" but the notes are the same no additional line nor i received an email. Medical passed but additional documents on GCKey still says "uploaded" which means it hasn't been reviewed.

As far as PCC is concerned it depends on the country of resident where the PA lives. sometimes they request it before they transfer your application to the VO, sometimes after, and sometimes they don't ask at all like applicant who live in the Gulf countries and with no legal statues they are exempted and not required to provide PCC as it is impossible to obtain, so it really depends on where the PA reside.

Whats new to me is changing to "In Process" without any updates to my ECAS notes nor an email from IRCC?
Normal, communications may come after or not at all. Inconsistent process.

Diya86

Sep 12, 2017
Hi All

I'm OCT applicant. My application received on 3rd of OCT. Got AOR1 on 11th of NOV. I linked my application directly. On the portal it along that "Your Action is Required" but there is no messages!! Do anyone have any idea as most of the applicants on this thread have received AOR1.

Thanks

harry30590

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
Hello Guys, Does anyone's Back Ground check status said "Not Applicable" in GC Key?

harry30590

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
Hi All

I'm OCT applicant. My application received on 3rd of OCT. Got AOR1 on 11th of NOV. I linked my application directly. On the portal it along that "Your Action is Required" but there is no messages!! Do anyone have any idea as most of the applicants on this thread have received AOR1.

Thanks
They must have send you request to upload Schedule A and PCC, but as they have glitch in the system most of the time you do not receive any message. I and many other in this thread had same problem. I called IRCC contact centre and the operator told me that IRCC has issued a letter requesting Schedule A. She advised me to provide Schedule A through Web form. I would recommend you to start filling up Schedule A and Get PCC and call IRCC contact centre. Sometime if you call them, they will be able to fix glitch and you will receive email to upload those documents in GC Key or if they will not be able to fix it, they will guide you to provide those documents thorugh web form. I would recommend you to report a technical issue and provide screenshots as well. but call the ASAP without wasting any time. It is normal and do not need to worry. Hope this helps you .

Reactions: geografa

cometome14

Sep 29, 2017
HI
I am PA and my wife got AOR 1 email on 9th of November.Its been 4 days now still we could not link the application.so is it normal or should get link instantly?only Sponsor got email.I have not received any email from CIC.In mail they have given UCI and application number so by use of that tried so many times to link but no luck.

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
HI
I am PA and my wife got AOR 1 email on 9th of November.Its been 4 days now still we could not link the application.so is it normal or should get link instantly?only Sponsor got email.I have not received any email from CIC.In mail they have given UCI and application number so by use of that tried so many times to link but no luck.
how are they linking it? it normally links instantly if done correctly.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I called the automated number for a status update. It said medical under review and interview is not needed. Is that set in stone now or is that possibly because they havent decided yet if an interview is needed.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I called the automated number for a status update. It said medical under review and interview is not needed. Is that set in stone now or is that possibly because they havent decided yet if an interview is needed.
The updates are generally "not needed at this time"...etc. Background check not applicable until it goes into process, etc.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
The updates are generally "not needed at this time"...etc. Background check not applicable until it goes into process, etc.
Thats what i was worried about. I see in peoples ecas it says not needed at this time. When i phoned in it said “does not need interview or interview not required” im going to rephone and get verbatim what they said lol

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thats what i was worried about. I see in peoples ecas it says not needed at this time. When i phoned in it said “does not need interview or interview not required” im going to rephone and get verbatim what they said lol
I wouldn't bother if I were you. If you need an interview, they won't be able to determine that until they've done a deeper dive on your app which they would not ave done yet as you're only a September applicant. It could mean that once they review your background and evidence, they might require one.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
^i see thanks. I did rephone anyway

“You do not need an interview”
“We do not need your fingerprints at this time”

The difference in their above statements made me think a decision on interview has been made.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
^i see thanks. I did rephone anyway

“You do not need an interview”
“We do not need your fingerprints at this time”

The difference in their above statements made me think a decision on interview has been made.
The call center as well as online tooling systems are notoriously unreliable, I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

If you have a genuine relationship and provided sufficient evidence, I would try not to worry too much. What country are you applying from?