+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
All I can say is that the process is very slow, specially when the applicant gets stuck in the BGC.

I was reading the threads on CBSA website about the clearance check (CSIS), I saw so many people complaining about the wait and being in limbo.

Apparently this clearance check could take 3 month to 24+ month.

I am not trying to discourage you, but heads up that it could be a long wait.

Let’s hope for the best.

Reactions: mthanh29

Vnnow

Mar 27, 2018
I think that pre arrival email is a good sign that they approve for your application already. And they are just checking your background. You will get next news soon. Don't worry. And they usually not call after sending the pre arrival letter. I think just wait one more month you will get the next instruction. I'm waiting for GCMS note too.

We are same, my husband not have any proof of his possession. We only have Western Union receipts that he sent money for me every month. And he visited me 3 times within 2 years we know each other. The only issue I think for us is the age gap. He is older than me.

I recently designated my husband is my representative because when we order the GCMS note they ask us have to indicate the representative who will get my information. So we did it.

I don't think they send your wife any email or coresspondence. Because all coresspondence will go into representative's address. And only GCMS note can tell us what happen with our application.

I'm worry if I missed any correspondence from Singapore VO too since I change address ( I notified them) and designated for my husband is my representative. I used to email to ask them but no reply. Tell me if you get their answer.
We haven’t received any email. Pre arrival or otherwise since the medical check.

I’m out of ideas why this is the case.

Maybe our application fell into a corner and they are too busy to pick it up.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
We haven’t received any email. Pre arrival or otherwise since the medical check.

I’m out of ideas why this is the case.

Maybe our application fell into a corner and they are too busy to pick it up.
What a feeling!
I know what you mean, being left in suspense!

I wish there was a way so everyone could see where they are with the process of their application, like tracking your mail through the courier’s company website.

Vnnow

Mar 27, 2018
What a feeling!
I know what you mean, being left in suspense!

I wish there was a way so everyone could see where they are with the process of their application, like tracking your mail through the courier’s company website.
I thought the gckey website was supposed to keep applicants and sponsors updated on what’s going on.

Guess the staff are too busy to update everyone.

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi All just posting my wife timeline for reference.
App Rec: Sept 13th
ARO1:Oct 23rd
ARO2:Nov 7th (Port of Spain, Trinidad VO)
Med request: Feb 12th
Additional prove of relationship doc request: Mar 13th
PPR: April 24th.
BGIP:April 30th
Decision made: May 11th.
PPR rec- May 16th
Landed-May 17th.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I thought the gckey website was supposed to keep applicants and sponsors updated on what’s going on.

Guess the staff are too busy to update everyone.
Some VOs do not update these as they should unfortunately.

In some cases one of the systems could show as decision made while the other doesn't reflect it.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
All I can say is that the process is very slow, specially when the applicant gets stuck in the BGC.

I was reading the threads on CBSA website about the clearance check (CSIS), I saw so many people complaining about the wait and being in limbo.

Apparently this clearance check could take 3 month to 24+ month.

I am not trying to discourage you, but heads up that it could be a long wait.

Let’s hope for the best.
we were stuck from July to March... with NO communication whatsoever.. and no rhyme or reason.. it was very frustrating but we did get ppr in march and the process is now done...

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Does your ECAS show “In Process”?
ECAS will show in process once the application has been received and opened by the visa officer assigned to your file... it could say in process for weeks or months before the background check starts