+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

atanu4ever

Sep 28, 2017
Hi Friends,

Everyone is getting oath invitation letter by email? (From ottawa Office)
I had received it on mail, and not email. It was from Scarborough office though.

Carrying invitation letter is not mandatory and one may not need to carry that on the day of the oath.

mew2k10

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > NYC VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-October-2010 Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
10-February-2011 PER
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
10-January-2012 NYC VO
Med's Request
Received 8-June-2012
Med's Done....
18-June-2012
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18-August-2012
LANDED..........
May 2013
Attended Oath Ceremony in Toronto last Wednesday. Congratulations to all of the forum members who were there.

There were 250 people taking the oath and probably about the same amount there to celebrate with them. It was a nice ceremony complete with a jazz band while we were waiting to begin.

FYI, you don't need to get there much before the scheduled time. We arrived about 45 min. early and just ended up waiting in a line until the scheduled time. At our ceremony, they had people taking the oath line up in a separate line from their guests where a lady checked all of our documents. Documents confirmed, we were allowed to enter, where we waited in another line to hand in our PR Cards, etc. Then we went to our assigned seats, so there's no need to worry about not being able to sit together. Once inside, we waited another 30 min. or so for everyone to be processsed before the ceremony began. All in all, the ceremony started a little over an hour after the time on the invitation. The ceremony itself lasted around one hour. Afterwards, there was cake and plenty of opportunities to get pictures with the dignitaries. Everyone was friendly and relaxed. It was a great experience, and you just may tear up!

Best of luck to those waiting!

Special thanks to all of those on this forum who helped me along the way. It's not an easy process! From PR application to Citizenship, it took us almost 9 years! We couldn't have done it without the help of this forum. Thanks to all!

Mark

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Attended Oath Ceremony in Toronto last Wednesday. Congratulations to all of the forum members who were there.

There were 250 people taking the oath and probably about the same amount there to celebrate with them. It was a nice ceremony complete with a jazz band while we were waiting to begin.

FYI, you don't need to get there much before the scheduled time. We arrived about 45 min. early and just ended up waiting in a line until the scheduled time. At our ceremony, they had people taking the oath line up in a separate line from their guests where a lady checked all of our documents. Documents confirmed, we were allowed to enter, where we waited in another line to hand in our PR Cards, etc. Then we went to our assigned seats, so there's no need to worry about not being able to sit together. Once inside, we waited another 30 min. or so for everyone to be processsed before the ceremony began. All in all, the ceremony started a little over an hour after the time on the invitation. The ceremony itself lasted around one hour. Afterwards, there was cake and plenty of opportunities to get pictures with the dignitaries. Everyone was friendly and relaxed. It was a great experience, and you just may tear up!

Special thanks to all of those on this forum who helped me along the way. It's not an easy process! From PR application to Citizenship, it took us almost 9 years! We couldn't have done it without the help of this forum. Thanks to all!

Mark
----------------------------------
Many Congratulations..

Reactions: mew2k10

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto

Mark
Congrats

atanu4ever

Sep 28, 2017

Mark
Looks like we both were in the same ceremony, with Mark Saunders as the star guest!

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
oh my god everybody! this is the greatest day ever...

I got my husband to call CIC (well more like nagged him to...). and turns out they already sent out an email on april 28th for an oath ceremony invite on may 11th. but we never got the email. it is not in the junk or inbox folders.. either way, cic re-sent it, and now he is not going to miss his oath ceremony! which is in 2 days. finally, all our family is going to be canadian, and we are proud of it too!

admin, please update my input for oath invite of april 28 and ceremony of may 11th.

i am super happy! and i hope you guys get your oath invites and passports soon too!

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017

I got my husband to call CIC (well more like nagged him to...). and turns out they already sent out an email on april 28th for an oath ceremony invite on may 11th. but we never got the email. it is not in the junk or inbox folders.. either way, cic re-sent it, and now he is not going to miss his oath ceremony! which is in 2 days. finally, all our family is going to be canadian, and we are proud of it too!

admin, please update my input for oath invite of april 28 and ceremony of may 11th.

i am super happy! and i hope you guys get your oath invites and passports soon too!

just an fyi, we got nothing updated in the ecas:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 24, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Updated the sheet. Congrats!

Does ECAS indicate the oath dates ?

Edit: nvm, just saw your post about no updates on ecas. Weird

Reactions: miranda1986

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
omg!!! I got an oath invite finally! I took my test Jan 23, DM Jan 24 (Applied Sept 11).

This is in Scarborough. So I waited a long time from DM to Oath Invite.

The weird thing is: I never received an email. I just checked online and almost fell over when I saw this:
  1. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I am glad I've been checking ECAS.

Reactions: miranda1986

pranavbb

Apr 26, 2018
omg!!! I got an oath invite finally! I took my test Jan 23, DM Jan 24 (Applied Sept 11).

This is in Scarborough. So I waited a long time from DM to Oath Invite.

The weird thing is: I never received an email. I just checked online and almost fell over when I saw this:
  1. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I am glad I've been checking ECAS.
Congrats! That's great news.

I gave the test with you and all dates are coinciding yours. But here I am still waiting for an invite.

Last edited:

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Congrats! That's great news.

I gave the test with you and all dates are coinciding yours. But here I am still waiting for an invite.
I get that. I saw several people get the oath invite before me who took the test after me. It's really maddening.