+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
We never translated any stamps from passport and nobody asked to do it or questioned that it wasn't done... Whey would you need to do that? Is that a new rule or something?
There is only name of the country (sometimes port of entry) and date so what is there to translate?
I had to translate all my passports and all my family members passports (expired and current).
In my test invite letter it is stated clearly: Any foreign language stamps in the passports should be translated to english or french.
The translator should be ATIO certified (N.B Don't depend on the community centers translators).
After my test, the officer asked for the translation and I was ready for him (he should receive the originals).
Many of our friends were requested to send the translation after the exam which took long time to be ready and delayed them in the process.
The only negative thing that it will cost you some money (some ATIO translators are greedy), but at the end of the day you be ready

Please remember to check the stamps translation with the original ones (before leaving the translator office) because several simple mistakes happened caused further investigations (and of course more delay) for some of my friends.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I had to translate all my passports and all my family members passports (expired and current).
In my test invite letter it is stated clearly: Any foreign language stamps in the passports should be translated to english or french.
The translator should be ATIO certified (N.B Don't depend on the community centers translators).
After my test, the officer asked for the translation and I was ready for him (he should receive the originals).
Many of our friends were requested to send the translation after the exam which took long time to be ready and delayed them in the process.
The only negative thing that it will cost you some money (some ATIO translators are greedy), but at the end of the day you be ready

Please remember to check the stamps translation with the original ones (before leaving the translator office) because several simple mistakes happened caused further investigations (and of course more delay) for some of my friends.
I'm guessing maybe if you have stamps in Chinese or Russian Cyrillic, or other scripts that are not in Latin script (English letters), you have to get them translated... We never traveled to any of those regions.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
Dear members,

On Wednesday 25th, we took the oath in Montreal and today the application status has changed on ECAS. Here's an update about the application and this concludes the process of getting the citizenship. Thank you to all of you for your advice and support.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 10, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on April 25, 2018.
Congrats

We were in the same ceremony:)

Reactions: miranda1986

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012

HI Deep Sleep, thanks for your reply. Just wanted to check did you translate all the stamps on the passport or only the one which are before you became PR. I am only asking this because I have some stamps from middle east which are in Arabic but these are before I became PR. So do I have to translate those stamps as well. After I became PR all the stamps on passport are in English,

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Oath invite for May 24th, sent on April 27.

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
HI Deep Sleep, thanks for your reply. Just wanted to check did you translate all the stamps on the passport or only the one which are before you became PR. I am only asking this because I have some stamps from middle east which are in Arabic but these are before I became PR. So do I have to translate those stamps as well. After I became PR all the stamps on passport are in English,
You have to translate the whole travel document (Passport) with all stamps either before or within the PR period. It is considered as one unit.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Received oath invitation for May 15. I had informed IRCC in March that i am not available until after my return to Canada on May 24. They had thanked me for giving them this information. They seemed to have overlooked that. I emailed them

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received oath invitation for May 15. I had informed IRCC in March that i am not available until after my return to Canada on May 24. They had thanked me for giving them this information. They seemed to have overlooked that. I emailed them
Updated. Congrats!!

Let us know when you re-schedule and get a new date.

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
So there is like 5 applicants from Ottawa in the october thread, that has applied later than my husband, has received DM later than my husband, but had the chance of getting the oath invite before him.
I mean don't get me wrong, there are people who have been waiting more than my husband too. And I understand that background checks can vary and some can take longer...
But how is it that after decision is made, some people get their oath invites quickly, and some just wait forever in the same office (all in Ottawa in this case).