+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
pfff.... another day without an oath invite... i wonder if i should go ahead and purchase tickets for august or if that has a chance of burning me.. :S ticket prices are increasing as I write this message. if i only knew the date of the oath!
i dont understand why they dont set the date at least. what else are they waiting for after the decision is made? I mean dont they just put us in a queue and fill up each oath ceremony with the next one in line?

i heard from a friend that they usually hold a big canada day oath ceremony in ottawa. she says we should be there that day at least. did anybody else here of such a big ceremony?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
pfff.... another day without an oath invite... i wonder if i should go ahead and purchase tickets for august or if that has a chance of burning me.. :S ticket prices are increasing as I write this message. if i only knew the date of the oath!
i dont understand why they dont set the date at least. what else are they waiting for after the decision is made? I mean dont they just put us in a queue and fill up each oath ceremony with the next one in line?

i heard from a friend that they usually hold a big canada day oath ceremony in ottawa. she says we should be there that day at least. did anybody else here of such a big ceremony?
I am in the same boat as you and I am leaving in the mid of June. If I am not getting my oath in May, I am not cancelling my vacation. And I am not going to be here for July 1. Ticket prices keep increasing every day.

Reactions: miranda1986

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I am in the same boat as you and I am leaving in the mid of June. If I am not getting my oath in May, I am not cancelling my vacation. And I am not going to be here for July 1. Ticket prices keep increasing every day.
did you call and let the cic know you will be out of the country. i heard if they schedule you for an oath and you do not show up, they schedule you again within 2 year frame. 2 years!

seriously, sometimes i wonder what kind of tools cic uses. i want to go ahead and program a tool for each office that assigns things automatically. i bet it will save us a lot of tax $$. and things will move quickly !

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
did you call and let the cic know you will be out of the country. i heard if they schedule you for an oath and you do not show up, they schedule you again within 2 year frame. 2 years!

seriously, sometimes i wonder what kind of tools cic uses. i want to go ahead and program a tool for each office that assigns things automatically. i bet it will save us a lot of tax $$. and things will move quickly !
no I haven't called them. and I don't think it makes any difference.

Reactions: miranda1986

lala-147

Feb 6, 2018
Today I have finally received my Invite to write the test in Edmonton AB on May 18th, If I pass the test I will have oath ceremony that same day in the afternoon.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I have finally received my Invite to write the test in Edmonton AB on May 18th, If I pass the test I will have oath ceremony that same day in the afternoon.
Updated. Congrats!!

You waited almost 6 months for a test invite after IP

lala-147

Feb 6, 2018
Updated. Congrats!!

You waited almost 6 months for a test invite after IP
yes, It was quite a long wait. An interesting thing though is i called them today around 10 am to just ask about my application since its been IP since Nov 2, the agent I spoke to said everything was okay with my file and I would be getting an Invite in a few weeks. and later today at 3pm I received the email invite. Im not sure if this was just a coincidence or maybe me calling them sparked the invite. Either way I can finally study for the test in peace now lol

osjacume

Mar 3, 2017
Dear members,

On Wednesday 25th, we took the oath in Montreal and today the application status has changed on ECAS. Here's an update about the application and this concludes the process of getting the citizenship. Thank you to all of you for your advice and support.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 10, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on April 25, 2018.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Guyz I have one question, Once you go for test, you have to bring your passport, and if there are stamps in foreign language then you need to translate it.
My question is do you have to translate the stamps only for the eligible period, or do you have to translate the stamps even before you became the PR or landed for first time in canada ?

By the way I am still waiting for Test invite, I have been IP for more than 5 months now. :(

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Dear members,

On Wednesday 25th, we took the oath in Montreal and today the application status has changed on ECAS. Here's an update about the application and this concludes the process of getting the citizenship. Thank you to all of you for your advice and support.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 13, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 19, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 10, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on April 25, 2018.
Congrats.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Guyz I have one question, Once you go for test, you have to bring your passport, and if there are stamps in foreign language then you need to translate it.
My question is do you have to translate the stamps only for the eligible period, or do you have to translate the stamps even before you became the PR or landed for first time in canada ?

By the way I am still waiting for Test invite, I have been IP for more than 5 months now. :(
We never translated any stamps from passport and nobody asked to do it or questioned that it wasn't done... Whey would you need to do that? Is that a new rule or something?
There is only name of the country (sometimes port of entry) and date so what is there to translate?

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville

The translator himself will not accept to translate some stamps and leave others. He will translate the whole document stamps (Passport) from first to last. I have tried to do this to save some money but the translators refused completely.:(