+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Congrats to everyone who received his Oath invitation as I am waiting for mine :):)
I have two questions:
Are there any background checks after a DM??
Are there an expedite service to issue the Canadian passport for the first time?? Any extra documents required?? Any extra fees??
No background checks after DM. Unless there was some clerical error in issuing DM status, then your status could change back to IP. Extremely rare though.

Yes, you can apply for urgent processing of passport. I believe it's an extra $50. Someone I know got theirs in 2 days.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
What does it say exactly?
I tried to google the abbreviation and nothing came up...
I haven't received an email yet. It was updated in ecas. I called up CIC and they didn't know what it was either. That us why I posted in this forum. But when I googled HMCS citizenship ceremony Toronto, one of the results was about HMCS York. That is only my assumption.

I was told by CIC that I may not receive an email but a direct mail invite.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I haven't received an email yet. It was updated in ecas. I called up CIC and they didn't know what it was either. That us why I posted in this forum. But when I googled HMCS citizenship ceremony Toronto, one of the results was about HMCS York. That is only my assumption.

I was told by CIC that I may not receive an email but a direct mail invite.
They do have the odd ceremonies in Toronto, so maybe you're in a special group.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
How much time oath ceremony take in total ? They mentioned in email to apply for passport after 3 business days. I though 2 days

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi everyone, we finally had DM today!!
It says decision made for the ecas status, but when i click on it, there are still 4 bullets with last one being the invitation for the test. Is this normal? I guess i expected 5th line to state that our application successfully passed or something similar to that...

Either way, I guess we are now waiting for the invitation to oath. I hope that is quick! I want to go to somewhere warm as the summer decided not to come to Ottawa!

New_Citizen

Sep 19, 2017
Hi everyone, we finally had DM today!!
It says decision made for the ecas status, but when i click on it, there are still 4 bullets with last one being the invitation for the test. Is this normal? I guess i expected 5th line to state that our application successfully passed or something similar to that...

Either way, I guess we are now waiting for the invitation to oath. I hope that is quick! I want to go to somewhere warm as the summer decided not to come to Ottawa!
Congrats!

And yes, this is normal, it took me 1 week before the 5th line appeared on my ECAS.

Reactions: miranda1986

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
Congrats!

And yes, this is normal, it took me 1 week before the 5th line appeared on my ECAS.
Just wondering:
Which 5th line you are talking about?? I have been DM for nearly 2 months now only with 4 line in my status online (I mean only 4 bullets)
Nothing has been written to clarify that my application has passed

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just wondering:
Which 5th line you are talking about?? I have been DM for nearly 2 months now only with 4 line in my status online (I mean only 4 bullets)
Nothing has been written to clarify that my application has passed
If someone has a 5th line, it would indicate there was additional correspondence, likely FP or other document requests.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
DM was made at the same day as the test...
Only invitation left and I would like to have it done by the end of the May, because our PR cards expire then and want to make sure we can travel in case of an emergency...
There is always an access to leave Canada in case of emergency and come back through USA borders without having a valid PR Card
I have did this myself ;);)