+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

digitalfish

Oct 12, 2017
Updated! Passed my test 20/20 in Mississauga yesterday and the interview went well, and my ECAS was updated today! No further information or next steps are available online yet, though. Only a status change from In Process to Decision Made. The interviewer remarked about something happening in March, but I was too excited to pay attention. :p

Type: Single
Physical Days: 1,817
Application Submitted: September 8, 2017
Application Delivered: September 11, 2017
AOR Received (Email): October 12, 2017
ECAS Activation: October 13, 2017
In Process: November 7, 2017
Test Invitation: January 13, 2018
Test Date: February 1, 2018
Decision Made: February 2, 2018

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Updated! Passed my test 20/20 in Mississauga yesterday and the interview went well, and my ECAS was updated today! No further information or next steps are available online yet, though. Only a status change from In Process to Decision Made. The interviewer remarked about something happening in March, but I was too excited to pay attention. :p

updated!

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017

Congratulations!
About the remark for something happening in March, to what does it relate? Change of laws? or what?

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Interview today in Parksville, BC (Vancouver office). I forgot a THREE WEEK vacation outside of Canada on my physical presence calculator but the official didn’t seem worried at all. No update yet to ECAS, but she did say that the oath should come in 2-4 months and that she would “try” to get me an oath ceremony appointment in Vancouver the 1st week in April, when we return to Canada. Woo-hoo!
I’ll start a separate thread on the main page about the interview-only process for seniors. Might be helpful for those whose parents or in-laws are applying. Good luck to you all!

SJF14

Nov 17, 2016
Just confirming that I had my interview and documents verified this morning (didn't have to sit test as I am over 54 years of age). Appointment took approximate 10-15 minutes and was asked approximately 6 simple questions (i.e., how long have I been in Canada, what do I do for a living, have I travelled outside of Canada etc, etc,). Now just have to be patient and wait for Decision Made and invitation to Oath Ceremony.

Reactions: razerblade

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Well. I have a funny story about my application (details of my application shown below).

I called the call centre several time asking about the status of my application but the only feedback I received every time was that my application has completed all the checks and I should expect my test invite anytime.

Today I called and asked specifically about my test invite update (with really no reason other than changing the question I ask every time).. I was surprised to know that I’m sitting for the test on February 15. I received NO email, NO mail, and my Ecas HASN’T been updated since November when they requested FP. They said they sent me the test invite by email around 2 weeks ago... needless to say I received nothing .. even in the junk folder. I could have missed it if I’m not the nagging person I am.

Lesson learned: whoever has a delayed application, when calling the call centre, be very specific about what you are looking for. Don’t ask general questions like “what is the status of my application". The best question will be something like: “what is the last update written by the officer on my application note”.

Good luck everyone.. especially those who have been delayed for no reason.

Hello everyone... My application has been stuck for a while and I need your advice about whether there is something to do. here is the detail:
Application Received: Sept 5th
AOR: Oct 10th
IP: Oct 26th
Fingerprint request: Nov 27
Fingerprint sent: Dec 4

Since then there hasn't been any update. I only called the call centre and they confirmed that I passed the background check and it has been updated on the system since December 12. But nothing happened since then.

I usually see the test invites be sent within only a few days after FP processed, but in my case, I have been stuck for a long time. Any advice if there is anything to be done from my side?

Last edited:

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Just confirming that I had my interview and documents verified this morning (didn't have to sit test as I am over 54 years of age). Appointment took approximate 10-15 minutes and was asked approximately 6 simple questions (i.e., how long have I been in Canada, what do I do for a living, have I travelled outside of Canada etc, etc,). Now just have to be patient and wait for Decision Made and invitation to Oath Ceremony.
My experience as well. Very straightforward.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Well. I have a funny story about my application (details of my application shown below).

I called the call centre several time asking about the status of my application but the only feedback I received every time was that my application has completed all the checks and I should expect my test invite anytime.

Today I called and asked specifically about my test invite update (with really no reason other than changing the question I ask every time).. I was surprised to know that I’m sitting for the test on February 15. I received NO email, NO mail, and my Ecas HASN’T been updated since November when they requested FP. They said they sent me the test invite by email around 2 weeks ago... needless to say I received nothing .. even in the junk folder. I could have missed it if I’m not the nagging person I am.

Lesson learned: whoever has a delayed application, when calling the call centre, be very specific about what you are looking for don’t as general question like “what is the status of my application. The best question will be something like: “what is the last update written by the officer on my application note”..

Good luck everyone.. especially those who have been delayed for no reason.
so what happen now? Did you ask them to send you another email and update ecase? are you going to take test without any infor form CIC with you? what advice CIC gave to you when you called them?

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
I requested them to resend the invitation letter. However, it might take up to 10 business days to respond to my request, so there is a good chance not to have the letter with me. However, according to the agent, I should go along with all the original documents and 2 IDs and they will sure let me in once they confirm my identity.

They provided me with the time, date and location of the test.

so what happen now? Did you ask them to send you another email and update ecase? are you going to take test without any infor form CIC with you? what advice CIC gave to you when you called them?

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Oh, that makes total sense then. It must be quite a drive from the oilpatch to Edmonton in this weather, stay warm and budget enough time for the test. I am sure you will pass with flying colours. The test is a lot easier than I anticipated (maybe I am lucky and got an easier version), just take your time and do it carefully and before you knew it, you will be a newly minted Canadian citizen.
yeah it is, its a 5 hour drive, but i choose to fly instead, 40 Cm of snow in last 3 days, highways almost closed, i think flying is way better alternative then driving. Thank you for all the tips my friend.!!