+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

KayDeeT

Oct 2, 2017
Just confirming that I had my interview and documents verified this morning (didn't have to sit test as I am over 54 years of age). Appointment took approximate 10-15 minutes and was asked approximately 6 simple questions (i.e., how long have I been in Canada, what do I do for a living, have I travelled outside of Canada etc, etc,). Now just have to be patient and wait for Decision Made and invitation to Oath Ceremony.[/QUOTE

Did they check all old passports?

canadaedmonton

Oct 28, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,
My wife and I passed the test this morning 19/20 for me 18/20 for her the test wasn’t hard.
Interview went well
So we have our oath ceremony at 12h30 today.
Thanks
Location office Edmonton
The lady said all of us who passed the test will have the ceremony today

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Good afternoon everyone,
My wife and I passed the test this morning 19/20 for me 18/20 for her the test wasn’t hard.
Interview went well
Thanks
Location office Edmonton
Excellent.. congrats

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon everyone,
Interview went well
Thanks
Location office Edmonton
Updated your DM date to Feb 05. Congrats!!

Tah

May 31, 2017
Please update mine (Tah), got update on Feb 2, 2018 in eCase:
Test invitation - March 15, 2018

Thanks ,

omarragab

Aug 15, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Well. I have a funny story about my application (details of my application shown below).

I called the call centre several time asking about the status of my application but the only feedback I received every time was that my application has completed all the checks and I should expect my test invite anytime.

Today I called and asked specifically about my test invite update (with really no reason other than changing the question I ask every time).. I was surprised to know that I’m sitting for the test on February 15. I received NO email, NO mail, and my Ecas HASN’T been updated since November when they requested FP. They said they sent me the test invite by email around 2 weeks ago... needless to say I received nothing .. even in the junk folder. I could have missed it if I’m not the nagging person I am.

Lesson learned: whoever has a delayed application, when calling the call centre, be very specific about what you are looking for. Don’t ask general questions like “what is the status of my application". The best question will be something like: “what is the last update written by the officer on my application note”.

Good luck everyone.. especially those who have been delayed for no reason.
You will need the printed invitation with you to take the test. Make sure to obtain a copy.

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Good Morning,

I called the call center yesterday asking about the status of my application the feedback I received was that my application has completed all the checks and I should expect my test invite anytime. When I checked temporary office near you from CIC website, They mentioned they scheduled Fort McMurray, Alberta for February 2018 but dates are not determined yet.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html As per CIC website they are visiting Fort McMurray in this Feb but How accurate this information are? Today is February 6th and did not hear anything from them also CIC call center agent did not mentioned any dates when I called them yesterday. :(
Any idea?

Last edited:

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Good Morning,

I called the call center yesterday asking about the status of my application the feedback I received was that my application has completed all the checks and I should expect my test invite anytime. When I checked temporary office near you from CIC website, They mentioned they scheduled Fort McMurray, Alberta for February 2018 but dates are not determined yet.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html
How accurate this information are? As CIC call center agent did not mentioned any dates when I called them yesterday. :(
Any idea?
we called the CIC as well but they told us absolutely nothing. The only thing they said was that the application hasnt taken a year yet, so we are okay.
i dont understand what they are checking. we have been to many countries, but usually we travel once we leave canada. we dont do exit enter exit enter again. we had 7 trips (to 14 countries). So are they checking each country and the dates we have spent there? If it is just the canada enterance and exit, then 7 trips shouldn't take too long.
i mean i dont even know what else they are checking. for language, he went to university here, so it is checked. he works in the same company over 5 years. we had 2 addresses in the past 6 years. taxes will reflect that. we filed taxes every year as well. what is taking so long, i dont really understand...

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,
Interview went well
Thanks
Location office Edmonton
Congrats.

Did you know that it is illegal in Canada to brag about it when you score higher than your wife? and you could be punished with lifetime of cold food at home. :)