+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

Hilda55

Oct 15, 2017
Edmonton
Hello Guys,

I sent my application along with my spouse in the same envelop, I only got AOR for my application with name and UCI number but my wife didnt receive anything.
Should she also expect an AOR or there is only one AOR sent for whole family? What did other people get who applied with family ? Did they get individual AOR for each member in the application or just one AOR
Hi you should receive AOR separately. We applied as a family of four with two minors and we all recieved AOR in one day.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Our timelines are exactly the same, and I got the email at 10:39 pm!
Did they mention in your AOR that your application will be assessed based on the new rules?
My letter mentions :

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

I don't understand how my application reached October 11th ? I know it doesn't matter as the requirements are more flexible but did other people got the same who received AOR last two weeks or it started from 27th October?

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Hey guys,

I received my AOR by email today Oct 27, 2017

I was surprised to know that my application will be assessed based on the new citizenship act.
The AOR letter says:
"Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act."

My application was delivered by mail on Sep 28, 2017, that's before the new rules took effect. I don't know how they considered it received after the date the rules changed!

Anyway, that should make the assessment easier I guess as I have more than a year of residence over the required by the new rules.
Let's see!

Good luck to everyone!
Chrome
It’s good news for you buddy! I think they should do that for all the applications opened after 11th October it will be easier and less confusing for them applying the same rules for all the cases instead of using two different ways of calculation and assessment in parallel

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
It’s good news for you buddy! I think they should do that for all the applications opened after 11th October it will be easier and less confusing for them applying the same rules for all the cases instead of using two different ways of calculation and assessment in parallel
Yes, you are right. It's good news.

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
My letter mentions :

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

I don't understand how my application reached October 11th ? I know it doesn't matter as the requirements are more flexible but did other people got the same who received AOR last two weeks or it started from 27th October?
Thanks for the information. Same here. I don't get it!

Last edited:

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I just checked my application status online, it's available now. (the status is: Application received)
It shows two lines, one saying we received your application on Sept 28, 2017, and the second saying we sent you an AOR on Oct 28, 2017.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
I just checked my application status online, it's available now. (the status is: Application received)
It shows two lines, one saying we received your application on Sept 28, 2017, and the second saying we sent you an AOR on Oct 28, 2017.
Same here . Ecas is showing application received with two lines .

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi, just noticed on the spreadsheet that my physical presence days are incorrect.

It should be 1641, not 1461.

Being a data guy, I felt compelled to correct the data. :)

Thanks,

-A.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Could someone please add us to the spreadsheet?
We're in Montreal, just my wife is applying (the rest of us are already citizens)
Application sent September 25, 2017
Application delivered to Sydney on September 27, 2017
1465 days physically present
No AOR yet.

Good luck to all.

Ivan