+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
I believe that CIC DO NOT have a solid system and procedure to handle our applications.

Depending on our luck, like lottery:(:(

TRUECANADAIN

May 7, 2017
Hello Guys,

I sent my application along with my spouse in the same envelop, I only got AOR for my application with name and UCI number but my wife didnt receive anything.
Should she also expect an AOR or there is only one AOR sent for whole family? What did other people get who applied with family ? Did they get individual AOR for each member in the application or just one AOR

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello Guys,

I sent my application along with my spouse in the same envelop, I only got AOR for my application with name and UCI number but my wife didnt receive anything.
Should she also expect an AOR or there is only one AOR sent for whole family? What did other people get who applied with family ? Did they get individual AOR for each member in the application or just one AOR
Hi, can you please share your timeline ? And what time did you receive the AOR ?

ID: TRUECANADAIN
Physical Presence Days:
App. Sent:
App. Delivered:

Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Yeah. this kind of stuff is brutal. My friend applied in the Phd Class a week before me. he got his PR an year sooner than me. Then got his citzenship in 2015. It's almost 2018 and I haven't gotten mine yet just because of a few days.
I try not to think about the chaos of all these paper applications floating about the CIC offices... Obviously there should be a first in first out scheme.... also obviously that doesn't happen. Case in point, some folks wait a day to go from AOR to in process, and some wait weeks... or months.

Like I said, I try not to think about it too much because it just irritates me. :)

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
haha this is the irony of the luck, hope they won't start processing their applications before us! that would be really unfair even there is no fairness in their treatment, it's mainly random
Lol, since when was this whole thing ever fair? Otherwise there would have been no dramas like C-24 and C-6

Reactions: mgentleman

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hey guys,

I received my AOR by email today Oct 27, 2017

I was surprised to know that my application will be assessed based on the new citizenship act.
The AOR letter says:
"Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act."

My application was delivered by mail on Sep 28, 2017, that's before the new rules took effect. I don't know how they considered it received after the date the rules changed!

Anyway, that should make the assessment easier I guess as I have more than a year of residence over the required by the new rules.
Let's see!

Good luck to everyone!
Chrome

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello,

Just received my AOR . Friday, October 27th at 10:30 pm . My application reached Sept 28th. Its surprising that they are sending AOR email on a late Friday night. Hopefully they will process our files sooner than later. Best of luck everyone, hopefully all the September applicants get their AOR email by next week.

Please kindly update my status.

ss85

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hello,

Just received my AOR . Friday, October 27th at 10:30 pm . My application reached Sept 28th. Its surprising that they are sending AOR email on a late Friday night. Hopefully they will process our files sooner than later. Best of luck everyone, hopefully all the September applicants get their AOR email by next week.

ss85
Our timelines are exactly the same, and I got the email at 10:39 pm!
Did they mention in your AOR that your application will be assessed based on the new rules?

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hello,

ss85
Were you able to access ecas yet?