+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Hello everyone... My application has been stuck for a while and I need your advice about whether there is something to do. here is the detail:
Application Received: Sept 5th
AOR: Oct 10th
IP: Oct 26th
Fingerprint request: Nov 27
Fingerprint sent: Dec 4

Since then there hasn't been any update. I only called the call centre and they confirmed that I passed the background check and it has been updated on the system since December 12. But nothing happened since then.

I usually see the test invites be sent within only a few days after FP processed, but in my case, I have been stuck for a long time. Any advice if there is anything to be done from my side?

Last edited:

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hello everyone... My application has been stuck for a while and I need your advice about whether there is something to do. here is the detail:
Application Received: Sept 5th
AOR: Oct 10th
IP: Oct 26th
Fingerprint request: Nov 27
Fingerprint sent: Dec 4

Since then there hasn't been any update. I only called the call centre and they confirmed that I passed the background check and it has been updated on the system since December 12. But nothing happened since then.

I usually see the test invites be sent within only a few days after FP processed, but in my case, I have been stuck for a long time. Any advice if there is anything to be done from my side?
I see your concern: My application hasnt been updated since IP :) O well, All in due time I guess. I did try calling CIC the past week at
8:00am,
11:00am,
and 2:00pm everyday:
" We are experiencing a high volume of calls, so cant take your call right now"
Application Received: Sept 1st
AOR: 4th
IP: Oct 24th
Test: waiting....
Everything else: Waiting.....
:)
Any suggestion on how to reach an agent would be commended!!

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
I am in the same boat. In process since november 8. Called cic last week and they said nothing was wrong. It's just a waiting game. However people who applied in october or later have already written their test. Unfair !
I see your concern: My application hasnt been updated since IP :) O well, All in due time I guess. I did try calling CIC the past week at

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Just keep trying .. be as stubborn as you can till the line hooked up. I tried several times.. one after another till I get into the waiting queue

Reactions: montrealjuly2011

montrealjuly2011

Star Member
Aug 31, 2012
Just keep trying .. be as stubborn as you can till the line hooked up. I tried several times.. one after another till I get into the waiting queue
I will try that. Any chance you know the options you were selecting after dialing:
1-888-242-2100
Option 1: for status --> Option 3 for Citizenship Status
or
Option 4 for Citizenship --> Option 3 for status:

I'll give it a try tomorrow morning at 8:30am--> will give it a few tries but in the end im assuming its a waiting game. :)

Good luck ! Patience is a virture :)

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
After dialing 1-888-242-2100, and going past the English/French option, then your selections (in order) will be 1 - 1 - 4 - 1
Sometimes you have to listen to the whole boring auto-recorded messages till you are able to select your option.

I will try that. Any chance you know the options you were selecting after dialing:
1-888-242-2100
Option 1: for status --> Option 3 for Citizenship Status
or
Option 4 for Citizenship --> Option 3 for status:

I'll give it a try tomorrow morning at 8:30am--> will give it a few tries but in the end im assuming its a waiting game. :)

Good luck ! Patience is a virture :)

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I am in the same boat. In process since november 8. Called cic last week and they said nothing was wrong. It's just a waiting game. However people who applied in october or later have already written their test. Unfair !
Same boat here... My timeline (Toronto/St. Clair office):

1. App Received: September 14, 2017.
  2. AOR: October 10, 2017.
  3. In Process: November 1, 2017.
  4. FP Request: December 4, 2017

Sent the FP within 3 days of the request. Called to check and confirmed that my background check is complete.

No movement since.

Waiting. Patiently.

-A.

Reactions: Trac77

Ayesha25

Oct 5, 2017
Passed the exam and check my online status yesterday morning January 30,2018 change from In process to Decision Made.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 5, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 24, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2018 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Passed the exam and check my online status yesterday morning January 30,2018 change from In process to Decision Made.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 5, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 24, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 4, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2018 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations! Updated the sheet.

ashou_11

Aug 28, 2017
Hi Admin,

I passed the test today 20/20.
Oath invitation on spot.
Oath date is march 1st 2018.

APP Recieved: Sept 6th
AOR: Oct 6th
IP: Oct 30th
Test Invite: Jan 13th
Test Date: Jan 30
Test results: 20/20
Oath invitation: Jan 30
Oath ceremony: march 1st
Congrats! Did they ask for a copy of your passport stamps during the interview, I also included a copy of the stamps as part of the application.

Thanks,

Reactions: omarragab

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
@canadaedmonton I sent an email on Monday and received a phone call yesterday that i wont receive anything in the snail mail, he gave me the address of the test (room number at Canada place) and my seat number for the test. He told me thats all the information i need, and oath letter will be provided only after i pass test and interview. He mentioned that i will be required to fill 2 forms, prohibition form and media release form.

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
@canadaedmonton I sent an email on Monday and received a phone call yesterday that i wont receive anything in the snail mail, he gave me the address of the test (room number at Canada place) and my seat number for the test. He told me thats all the information i need, and oath letter will be provided only after i pass test and interview. He mentioned that i will be required to fill 2 forms, prohibition form and media release form.
This is very interesting, very different from what i had experienced in Calgary. I got a snail mail, which says that I must bring that mail with me to the test plus all the original documents that I have submitted along with my application. but i was not asked to fill the media release and prohibition forms that you mentioned. maybe there is some high-level officials visiting Edmonton on your test date and making some announcement there and they need some "new Canadians" in the press photo? Maybe you should add a daily facial massage into your test practice routine to get ready for the photo? :)