+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasiin said:
no it is not. it is considered as a routine app. I was also requested to submit a finger about 3 months after I did the test and it took them 25 days to make a decision on my file and issue an invitation to attend the ceremony so your case is still routine. that said what I think is delaying your application is the location you live in so fingers crossed for you and the rest of September group. Mind you I had also changed my name before submitting the application. To be honest, there are time I thought too my application is non-routine due to name change, fingerprint request and so forth and so but the reality is that it is just that they might be dealing with a high number of applications. That is all to say that your application is routine as per my understanding.
Thank you Yasiin for the encouraging.

Montoyac

Nov 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

My wife will be attending the test/ceremony session on February 27,2017. She has been studying the book; however, she is having a very hard time remembering dates. When I took the test 5 years ago, I remember that the test didn't ask for dates, only for the significance of any given episode....... but that was 5 year ago...

Please let me know those of you that have taken the test in the past months, they ask for dates ? How's the test is like ??

Thanks for any info !!

Montoyac

B0kkie

Dec 22, 2016
Montoyac said:
Hi everyone,

My wife will be attending the test/ceremony session on February 27,2017. She has been studying the book; however, she is having a very hard time remembering dates. When I took the test 5 years ago, I remember that the test didn't ask for dates, only for the significance of any given episode....... but that was 5 year ago...

Please let me know those of you that have taken the test in the past months, they ask for dates ? How's the test is like ??

Thanks for any info !!

Montoyac

I don't think there are date questions. The test is not tricky, and not difficult. If your wife has been studying the book already, she can test herself. My favourite test practise was at http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Good luck!

CobedMtl

Jan 27, 2017
Hello,

Just to share my updates, I finally got Ecas update for oath letter. Good luck for everybody. Patience is the key ;)

Citizenship office: Montreal
App Sent: 07/sep/2016
App Received: 12/sep/2016
AOR: 22/sep/2016
In Process: 27/sep/2016
Test Invite: 20/oct/2016
Test Date: 01/nov/2016
Decision Made 05/jan/2017
Ecas Oath Update: 20/feb/2017
Oath Ceremony: 07/mar/2017

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CobedMtl said:
Hello,

Just to share my updates, I finally got Ecas update for oath letter. Good luck for everybody. Patience is the key ;)

congrats. spreadsheet updated.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
CobedMtl said:
Hello,

Hey cobed

similar situation here. IS it something to do with security check or something. been waiting for month since test/interview in montreal. Any advice or help would be great.

Thanks

CobedMtl

Jan 27, 2017
VraiVie said:
Hey cobed

similar situation here. IS it something to do with security check or something. been waiting for month since test/interview in montreal. Any advice or help would be great.

Thanks
Hello VraiVie,

Every case is different and nobody knows how things work for IRCC, until now it's my application the one that has taken the longest in the sept spreadsheet even though the first part of the process was fast for me. Still, in the interview I was told I was gonna receive the oath letter from 2 to 4 months, and that's what it happened I'll do the oath 4 months after my interview. For some reason Montreal office is getting slower, it was much faster for friends who applied on 2015 and 2016.
I know it's frustrating seeing "everybody" else getting their stuff finished, but the reality it's that any case finished within 12 months or getting oath letter within the 6 months after DM is normal for IRCC (I was told this time ranges when I call to IRCC). So, just be patient everything should be ok, if your interview went well. Ça va bien aller ;)

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
CobedMtl said:
Hello VraiVie,

Every case is different and nobody knows how things work for IRCC, until now it's my application the one that has taken the longest in the sept spreadsheet even though the first part of the process was fast for me. Still, in the interview I was told I was gonna receive the oath letter from 2 to 4 months, and that's what it happened I'll do the oath 4 months after my interview. For some reason Montreal office is getting slower, it was much faster for friends who applied on 2015 and 2016.
I know it's frustrating seeing "everybody" else getting their stuff finished, but the reality it's that any case finished within 12 months or getting oath letter within the 6 months after DM is normal for IRCC (I was told this time ranges when I call to IRCC). So, just be patient everything should be ok, if your interview went well. Ça va bien aller ;)
Merci cobed. j`espere :) Bonne chance a toi pour le oath :)

reza5576

Feb 5, 2015
CobedMtl said:
Hello,

Congratulation CobedMtl ! Where was your office for test & interview? I did my test/interview more than 2 months ago at Guy-Favreau complex (in Montreal) and no oath letter yet.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Yes, it is the FR request. The lovely brown bag lying in my mail box. Now I know my local office - the famous St. Clair. Thank you VraiVie.
Yes Mr. Always Late...
i got the same letter dated 14th feb... from the same office.. you have..
but i bit lazy to check mail or status... today i just check and found that brown envelop
i will do FP tomorrow..
let see.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
which one is used by you guys for finger prints

RCMP
local police
or private fingerprint agency..

any idea/experience.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
Yes Mr. Always Late...
i got the same letter dated 14th feb... from the same office.. you have..
but i bit lazy to check mail or status... today i just check and found that brown envelop
i will do FP tomorrow..
let see.
hey Imran. i know the delay sucks but congrats on at least the processing moves forward.