Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
SarikaL said:
I called them November 25 and someone told me not to worry that give them about 3 weeks, that the processing time on the website starts when they start looking at your application. But for some reason I didn't believe that because I saw SA for applications that were received in October.

Then I called them back today Dec 2nd. And I told the agent that the website says you guys are working on applications received Oct 5th and mine was received Sept 30th and I haven't heard anything, how am I supposed to know it's in the right hands. Then she took my tracking info and said to call back In two weeks she is sending and email to locate the file.

But when I called I give her my info (the sponsor) should I have tried providing my husbands info (the applicant)? When did you get SA princessofmylife?
U r not alone,i'm in the exact same boat only I originally submitted my application late August and then had to send an updated form which they had received October 1 and I still don't have any updated information on the application. No SA yet, and they haven't even started processing it yet. I'm exhausted.....

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
newgirl1 said:
U r not alone,i'm in the exact same boat only I originally submitted my application late August and then had to send an updated form which they had received October 1 and I still don't have any updated information on the application. No SA yet, and they haven't even started processing it yet. I'm exhausted.....
I completely understand the feeling. Let's just try to stay positive and hope to hear something from them within the next two weeks.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
princessofmylife said:
Tracking number doesn't work. What name is on the receipt? We had applicant's name on it and I thought that caused confusion.
They could not find our app under my name (sponsor) and it took few calls and few agents to figure it out. They also sent e-mail to Mississauga. I was surprized that they asked to speak to the applicant and only than they were able to track our app. He is in Canada with me so he was able to confirm his identity. I still don't understand what happened but in the beginning they gave me temp. file number
( now my uci #) and app number started with XF.
we got SA on Nov. 27th so you should have heard something by now. It took more than a week to confirm that they had our app. Call them again, they should have your app in the system by now.

Well the agent said to call back in two weeks, but I will probably call back within the next week or so because if they can't find it by then it scares me to think they might have actually misplaced it. Lets hope for the best.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, sorry I meant to give my details for the spreadsheet.

They received application September 9th
SA approval october 27th
DM November 10th
They sent request for extra information, passport copy and passport pictures on 17th november.

The application was meant for london but they kept it in missisauga so guess i got lucky. i think i am just waiting on my COPR coming now, but dont know how long that takes, any info on that would be sweet. they got it in ottawa the 18th.

Hope this helps the spreadsheet

rororoa

Nov 5, 2014
Hello folks, I received an email from Manila visa office today. Just the day before my husband got SA and it said my app will be retained at CPC-M.
Manila office request me sending passport, 2 pieces of photo and completed Appendix A via email. Do they request them normally through email ??
and I was about to extend my visitor status in Canada 'cause it expires on Jan.2015. Do you guys think I would have a chance to get PR in this year?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
rororoa said:
Hello folks, I received an email from Manila visa office today. Just the day before my husband got SA and it said my app will be retained at CPC-M.
Manila office request me sending passport, 2 pieces of photo and completed Appendix A via email. Do they request them normally through email ??
and I was about to extend my visitor status in Canada 'cause it expires on Jan.2015. Do you guys think I would have a chance to get PR in this year?
Most likely CPC-M are handing out DMs like candy on Halloween.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
colin_slaven1988 said:
Hi guys, sorry I meant to give my details for the spreadsheet.

They received application September 9th
SA approval october 27th
DM November 10th
They sent request for extra information, passport copy and passport pictures on 17th november.

The application was meant for london but they kept it in missisauga so guess i got lucky. i think i am just waiting on my COPR coming now, but dont know how long that takes, any info on that would be sweet. they got it in ottawa the 18th.

Hope this helps the spreadsheet
I added you. congrats on your 62 days for DM. Best of luck on landing. Have a good one

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Mariac819 said:
Any other September applicant feel they got the short end of the stick. CPC-M has been handing out DMs to everyone staying at their office. If it only takes them 2 months to process from received to DM then why not keep us all there? This is just so frustrating. I was really hoping for a X-mas DM but sadly Ottawa -VO came to a DEAD STOP and is now just starting to send out DMs for June applicants. Life will be on hold for a few more months here. I just want fair treatment for all. Its painful seeing people from end of September already with DMs and some in Previous months still haven't even gotten SAs. CIC has officially pissed me off. :mad:
I originally submitted late August and I'm still waiting for them to even start processing my application so I can get SA sometime in the near future...So yes I'm a frustrated to say the least. It seems everything is ass backwards over there.However I'm super happy for people who are receiving DM :))

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
rororoa said:
This means they are ready to issue your COPR. It is normal to receive it by e-mail. If you get the requested docs to them quickly there is a chance you could receive your COPR before your visitor record expires, it all depends on when in January that happens. Good luck!

Mariac819 said:
Most likely CPC-M are handing out DMs like candy on Halloween.
Instead of commenting with no useful information why not address the original posters question? You are coming across as bitter. It is not their fault CIC processed their application in a quick timeframe. These forums are meant to be a supportive place and a place for information regarding family sponsorship, not sarcasm filled posts.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
andrew-brit said:
This means they are ready to issue your COPR. It is normal to receive it by e-mail. If you get the requested docs to them quickly there is a chance you could receive your COPR before your visitor record expires, it all depends on when in January that happens. Good luck!

Instead of commenting with no useful information why not address the original posters question? You are coming across as bitter. It is not their fault CIC processed their application in a quick timeframe. This forums is meant to be a supportive place and a place for information regarding family sponsorship, not sarcasm filled posts.
Totally agree with Andrew. It's just hard luck for many of us and we've got to live with it and be happy for those who have got decision made.

Congratulations to all who have got decision made.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
rororoa said:
I have seen some people receiving COPR is 6-7 weeks; so even though u could become PR before it visitor status expires but I would suggest u submit an extension anyways just to be on the safe side... Just my 2 cents!!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
COPR arrived today

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
PF said:
COPR arrived today
Congratulations and best of luck on your landing

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
Mariac819 said:
congrats to you ... I wish they would just process all applications in Canada, hire more officers.. it would open more jobs to Canadian Citizens and it would make the process faster for everyone.

Sadly, It really makes those who wait longer feel horrible. I can suck it up because I've only been waiting 3 months but I have seen people from the beginning of this year still waiting and now Mississauga is giving out DMs like they are child's play.

I would have loved to be able to talk to the director of CIC myself. I would have told him they need to get their *censored word* together and provider fair and equal processing for ALL applications.
I sent my application in August and I am waiting for sponsorship approval. I'm hoping that the decision made means sponsorship approval. I called CIC but they said I have to wait for a letter, if I don't receive it in four weeks they can request another one to be issued. How long does it normally take for the letter to arrive?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Violet11 said:
I sent my application in August and I am waiting for sponsorship approval. I'm hoping that the decision made means sponsorship approval. I called CIC but they said I have to wait for a letter, if I don't receive it in four weeks they can request another one to be issued. How long does it normally take for the letter to arrive?
I am really sorry that you are still waiting for an SA since August. :( ....When you called CIC they told you that a decision has been made but would not give you any further information correct? This could be a couple of things:

1. you are approved for SA or you are Denied for SA but either way they cannot tell you over the phone. You have to wait for an official letter.
2. The letters either come by mail or by email (if you provided an email address). Even though it seems that some old school officers have been sending things out by email even if you provided an email address.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope it is all good news.

My husband called at 8am on 10/28 and by 11am we had SA email :) ...

Give it a few days.