July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
Violet11 said:
I sent my application in August and I am waiting for sponsorship approval. I'm hoping that the decision made means sponsorship approval. I called CIC but they said I have to wait for a letter, if I don't receive it in four weeks they can request another one to be issued. How long does it normally take for the letter to arrive?
Our letter took 10 days to arrive in Manitoba from when they sent it for SA

Macanadian

Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I have one question:)

I'm waiting for copr, I sent a copy of my passport, pictures and updated information chart in the end of November.

My question is that my partner and I are planning of going on a trip to Australia for three month in the beginning of January.
Now I'm scared of booking the tickets if I don't get copr before that.
Do copr come in regular mail or do you have to pick it up personally at the post office?

Claudzilla

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Airdrie, AB by way of Nashville, TN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 26, 2014
AOR Received.
November 14, 2014
Med's Done....
September 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2014
I dropped off the radar after getting SA. Just thought I post a quick update.

After receiving SA, I immediately booked my flight to Calgary to visit with my husband while I await PR. I was kind of put through the ringer at customs, despite what my immigration lawyer said would happen (we both knew there were no guarantees, but my lawyer didn't think I'd encounter any trouble if I just straight up told them I didn't have a "return date" and that I was there to wait out the PR process). Customs insisted I be able to tell them how long I intended to stay in Canada and, when I couldn't/wouldn't give a definitive timeline, they sent me over to talk to the immigration agents. In talking to the immigration agent, I explained that that my husband had been granted SA and that I was here to visit him for the holidays and wait out the remainder of the PR process. I truthfully told him that I was going to stay the full 6 months and apply to extend my visitation after that. He immediately got an attitude with me, but after it was all said and done, I think his attitude was a test to see if I'd say something wrong, or slip up somehow. After at least half an hour of answering all of his questions, he completely turned around, was very nice and helpful and let me through. One thing I was not expecting was that I was given a visitor record allowing me to stay for up to one year as opposed to the standard 6 months.

Admittedly, for the first few minutes of my encounter with the immigration agent, I wanted to break down and cry. I really felt I was going to have to get back on a plane and go back home, but I forced myself to remain calm, answered all of his questions with complete honesty, and everything worked out wonderfully in the end. Now if I can just manage to magically get PR in a month or two like some of you lucky folk, everything will be perfect. :)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Macanadian said:
I have one question:)

I'm waiting for copr, I sent a copy of my passport, pictures and updated information chart in the end of November.

My question is that my partner and I are planning of going on a trip to Australia for three month in the beginning of January.
Now I'm scared of booking the tickets if I don't get copr before that.
Do copr come in regular mail or do you have to pick it up personally at the post office?
I've heard it comes in the mail in a yellow envelope. This is just what I have read. I don't know for sure though. Hope someone can help you better. Maybe ask in the main spouse forum. I think only PF has gotten COPR in september thus far.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Claudzilla said:

After receiving SA, I immediately booked my flight to Calgary to visit with my husband while I await PR. I was kind of put through the ringer at customs, despite what my immigration lawyer said would happen (we both knew there were no guarantees, but my lawyer didn't think I'd encounter any trouble if I just straight up told them I didn't have a "return date" and that I was there to wait out the PR process). Customs insisted I be able to tell them how long I intended to stay in Canada and, when I couldn't/wouldn't give a definitive timeline, they sent me over to talk to the immigration agents. In talking to the immigration agent, I explained that that my husband had been granted SA and that I was here to visit him for the holidays and wait out the remainder of the PR process. I truthfully told him that I was going to stay the full 6 months and apply to extend my visitation after that. He immediately got an attitude with me, but after it was all said and done, I think his attitude was a test to see if I'd say something wrong, or slip up somehow. After at least half an hour of answering all of his questions, he completely turned around, was very nice and helpful and let me through. One thing I was not expecting was that I was given a visitor record allowing me to stay for up to one year as opposed to the standard 6 months.

Admittedly, for the first few minutes of my encounter with the immigration agent, I wanted to break down and cry. I really felt I was going to have to get back on a plane and go back home, but I forced myself to remain calm, answered all of his questions with complete honesty, and everything worked out wonderfully in the end. Now if I can just manage to magically get PR in a month or two like some of you lucky folk, everything will be perfect. :)
Crazy how everyone's experience is so different. I was asked 3 questions and told to have a nice night. However, You did get a 1 year stamp so that is PRETTY COOL! :) ... You don't have to worry about extending IF it has to come to that. But I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will hear something by early next year. Ottawa has been sending out DMs to the June peeps so we are getting there lol...

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Claudzilla said:

You poor thing, I hate that your emotions where toyed with. As though we all don't have enough emotion stress with the "Whole" process. ::)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
I am still awaiting SA, I was told I should hear something by January 2015. I'm so use to waiting on immigration that I am honestly not upset nor surprised. I just hope that once I've received SA the PR goes faster! I sent the PR fee along with more pictures with the information they requested, I hope this helps speed things up once SA has been processed. I truly thought that I'd only have to wait an additional week or less once the requested information was sent? However, this is not the case at all! I was told that regardless of sending either addtl info. or, a complete package; you still have to wait our the processing time as though you're starting from the beginning. Interesting though, some people on here waited less then two weeks! I guess it truly depends on what your sending? I think it's because they don't open the mail right away and that too (The mail) sits in queue?

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
colin_slaven1988 said:
Copr arrived today ! Sunday of all days haha woooooo
CONGRATS! Mail on Sundays?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
michminn said:
I am still awaiting SA, I was told I should hear something by January 2015. I'm so use to waiting on immigration that I am honestly not upset nor surprised. I just hope that once I've received SA the PR goes faster! I sent the PR fee along with more pictures with the information they requested, I hope this helps speed things up once SA has been processed. I truly thought that I'd only have to wait an additional week or less once the requested information was sent? However, this is not the case at all! I was told that regardless of sending either addtl info. or, a complete package; you still have to wait our the processing time as though you're starting from the beginning. Interesting though, some people on here waited less then two weeks! I guess it truly depends on what your sending? I think it's because they don't open the mail right away and that too (The mail) sits in queue?
No I dont think it matters what it is you're sending because all I needed to send was the updated form and I'm still waiting as well, even though some only waited a couple weeks like u said. :( At this point I'm just convinced we r having pure bad luck and hopefully that will change soon :/

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Michminn what country is Your spouse in?

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
newgirl1 said:
Michminn what country is Your spouse in?
I am the one being sponsored and am from the USA. May I ask when you resent your forms and how long you've been on the back burner sense?

Thanks

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
michminn said:
I am the one being sponsored and am from the USA. May I ask when you resent your forms and how long you've been on the back burner sense?

Thanks
Originally my application arrived in Mississauga August 22, the first Time I heard from them was an email I got September 25 asking for the updated form.I immediately did that and that form arrived in Mississauga as per Canada Post tracking number October 1. I've been calling almost every day but no updates as of yet. It really sucks because my husband is in Cuba and can't even come visit here in the meantime
:(

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
newgirl1 said:
Originally my application arrived in Mississauga August 22, the first Time I heard from them was an email I got September 25 asking for the updated form.I immediately did that and that form arrived in Mississauga as per Canada Post tracking number October 1. I've been calling almost every day but no updates as of yet. It really sucks because my husband is in Cuba and can't even come visit here in the meantime
:(
Sorry to hear, keep me posted.