Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
Well it's Friday once again, and just a few more hours of work left for CIC today then the cycle repeats. How about some good news in these last few hours for some of us Sept folks CIC 8)
Second that! we send an email to our VO as they have my hubby passport since Dec18th 2014, below is the reply we got: thinking its generic

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Port of Spain.

Please note the documents were received and attached to the file for review. No further action is required on the applicant's part at this time.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section | Section de l'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
3-3A Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair | 3-3A, rue Sweet Briar, St. Clair

Port of Spain,Trinidad & Tobago | Port d'Espagne, Trinité-et-Tobago

PSPAN-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Websites/ Sites web: www.trinidadandtobago.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mandy_28115 said:
Hello Mariac what does the abr AOR stand for? We filed app and Sept was marked received then SA Nov 5. The wait times for Ottawa says 16 months is this true? I am currently in Canada and can't work until PR status. I might have to go back to the states as my visitor status expires march 31

AOR = acknowledgement of receipt. ----meaning they get the application.

I don't know what is up with the Ottawa VO. I have been told the 16 months is an average of ALL applications. Meaning not just USA Born Citizens. I have heard that straightforward USA born citizen apps are being processed from beginning to end in 6 months. Who knows. I got tired of checking and waiting and reading. So I haven't been around much. Sorry it took me a while to answer you back.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Lets hope 6 months or less will apply 8) My fear is that they will lose something and say we need to submit a form or receipt etc etc. We went over and over everything and sent brand new forms so nothing is out of date. Everything is signed, all forms are there, medicals, marriage certificate, birth certificates, drivers licence's, passports, FBI background check, fees paid in full with receipt, emails, phone records, pictures etc etc.. :-\

We all just have to be patient and have faith it will all be okay :)

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
Mariac819 said:
AOR = acknowledgement of receipt. ----meaning they get the application.

I don't know what is up with the Ottawa VO. I have been told the 16 months is an average of ALL applications. Meaning not just USA Born Citizens. I have heard that straightforward USA born citizen apps are being processed from beginning to end in 6 months. Who knows. I got tired of checking and waiting and reading. So I haven't been around much. Sorry it took me a while to answer you back.
No problem at all. I actually sent off our file from the US back in July and didn't hear anything until September. On the CIC site I check my application status and states medical results received and that the App was received Sept 26 for PR. The SA letter came dated November 5 through the mail. I have sent multiple emails to CIC Ottawa for a change of address and included all info and its not updated on my log in and I haven't heard a response. I called and they said to try and fax it in...

Recently CBC news has written articles about INLAND immigrants being out of work and a new pilot program that will fast track an open work permit while they wait for status. I called to see if I could qualify as I am an RN and the College of Nurses of Ontario can not give me license without status. I am OUTLAND and do not qualify and its frustrating because we bought a house and now I have to go back to States and work. I hope we can get an answer by summer.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mandy_28115 said:
No problem at all. I actually sent off our file from the US back in July and didn't hear anything until September. On the CIC site I check my application status and states medical results received and that the App was received Sept 26 for PR. The SA letter came dated November 5 through the mail. I have sent multiple emails to CIC Ottawa for a change of address and included all info and its not updated on my log in and I haven't heard a response. I called and they said to try and fax it in...

Recently CBC news has written articles about INLAND immigrants being out of work and a new pilot program that will fast track an open work permit while they wait for status. I called to see if I could qualify as I am an RN and the College of Nurses of Ontario can not give me license without status. I am OUTLAND and do not qualify and its frustrating because we bought a house and now I have to go back to States and work. I hope we can get an answer by summer.
Yes I read that and I thought it was stupid that we don't qualify as outland. I came to Canada to be with my husband in November because I thought we would hear something by Now but it looks like they have slowed down. What can we do :( ...

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

so i have been approved for my visa, but my wife who is the sponsor is pregnant to which we didn't know when we submitted the application in september and she is due around the end of June. I plan to land in early may been looking to see if we have to declare the pregnancy all i have seen so far is so long as i arrive before the baby is born. Quite tempted to send an email but im a little worried that could throw a spanner in the works. can any of the visa pros on here give me a run down on the the what ifs?? Ie if the baby is born early and im stuck across the atlantic, would they really delay my visa or anything like that?

thanks

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
Mariac819 said:
Yes I read that and I thought it was stupid that we don't qualify as outland. I came to Canada to be with my husband in November because I thought we would hear something by Now but it looks like they have slowed down. What can we do :( ...
I came in August so I understand. We went to the member of parliament and did get some info that apps put in later in the year are sometimes put on a "stall" because of quotas and other things. So since app was filed in july marked received Sept. I am hoping that we will soon be on a roll again. But I can also say that the MP was not that much help because she suggested the work permit program lacking the knowledge that I was not eligible.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
mandy_28115 said:
I came in August so I understand. We went to the member of parliament and did get some info that apps put in later in the year are sometimes put on a "stall" because of quotas and other things. So since app was filed in july marked received Sept. I am hoping that we will soon be on a roll again. But I can also say that the MP was not that much help because she suggested the work permit program lacking the knowledge that I was not eligible.

It is such a shame that people's lives are put on hold because of a "quota" ... Well I wish you the best of luck :) .. I hope we hear something soon!

MoH1979

Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2104
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Mariac819 said:
It is such a shame that people's lives are put on hold because of a "quota" ... Well I wish you the best of luck :) .. I hope we hear something soon!
I hope that's not true. There is a quota on parents and grandparents applications but I think spousal applications are processed on a first come first serve basis ( at least I hope so).

Best of luck to everyone..the wait is still on :(

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
MoH1979 said:
I hope that's not true. There is a quota on parents and grandparents applications but I think spousal applications are processed on a first come first serve basis ( at least I hope so).

Best of luck to everyone..the wait is still on :(
The parents/grandparents quota is a maximum number of applications they can take per year; and yes u r right when u say spousal sponsorship does not have a cap however visa offices must issue a certain number of visas on a given year under each class which is why I think u see some applications (I guess deemed easy/straight forward) get processed very fast towards the end year so they can meet their quota...That's what the difference is... There is no cap for spouses but every visa office has performance KPI's that probably defines the number of visas that must be issued. This is what I've read in some CIC OB's and some researches done at visa offices abroad and in Canada!

mandy_28115

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 13 2014
AOR Received.
September 26,2014
File Transfer...
November5, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 15, 2014
LANDED..........
May 24, 2015
It took me forever to find the thread. It usually stays in the first page.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
mandy_28115 said:
It took me forever to find the thread. It usually stays in the first page.
We must have been looking for it at the same time, I was on page 11 when I decided to sign in and start again and then saw it back on page one lol :)

Well here we are September applicants at the start of a new work week tomorrow and a new month!. Tomorrow will be Monday February 2 and we will be mailing in a visitor extension for my wife which took most of the afternoon today to complete :-\ Here's to hoping people get some good news here in Feb 8)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
I am at the Ottawa office. I don't know how many others in September are there also. I looked back to 09/2013 applicants who went to Ottawa and it looks like they didn't hear anything until March 2014 - May 2014. So if we are following a similar pattern I think maybe next month (March) we will start hearing something. Fingers crossed :)

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Mariac819 said:
I am at the Ottawa office. I don't know how many others in September are there also. I looked back to 09/2013 applicants who went to Ottawa and it looks like they didn't hear anything until March 2014 - May 2014. So if we are following a similar pattern I think maybe next month (March) we will start hearing something. Fingers crossed :)
Perhaps I'll get SA by then? lol

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
michminn said:
Perhaps I'll get SA by then? lol
That is ridiculous. I can't believe you haven't gotten SA yet. But that isn't even on Ottawa that is on Mississauga. They gave out DMs to September folk and can't even get you an SA :( .. I am so sorry you are still waiting. This is crazy.