+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
My best wishes with you and give a reading to the book thoroughly.
Don't rely too much on online tests. Discover Canada book should be your highest priority and preference.
Thanks. I m trying my best. Also is the test written or computerised? How early should I be there? Who do I report to etc..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
meateater said:
Thanks. I m trying my best. Also is the test written or computerised? How early should I be there? Who do I report to etc..
Its a written test multiple choice. I reached one hour ago. Be there 1 hour (or atleast half an hour ago). You need to report to the front desk (Security)(this happened at Vancouver office)
I am not sure about where do you need to report to at Scarborough.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats itguy78 ;D :) ;) :D
Thanks! My ecas just updated with my test information:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 1, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Windsor office on March 13, 2015. The Windsor office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on May 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
thecoolguysam said:
Its a written test multiple choice. I reached one hour ago. Be there 1 hour (or atleast half an hour ago). You need to report to the front desk (Security)(this happened at Vancouver office)
I am not sure about where do you need to report to at Scarborough.
Same way...you need to report at the front desk....have the invitation letter in hand....most probably there will be a queue for you to wait and then enter the examination hall...choose a seat and listen to instructions...and then start the test....

All the best my friend!!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
The following status is for my wife's application. Please help what is the forth line, thanks!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 4, 2015.

We sent you a letter on May 4, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Sounds like they're requesting more information. It could as simple as some specific document missing/illegible or a fingerprint request -- just hoping it's not RQ.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my letter to appear for the test on the June 3rd. I am so happy that finally I am going to be done with this paper work stuff...

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Thanks! My ecas just updated with my test information:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 1, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Windsor office on March 13, 2015. The Windsor office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on May 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Great. Every time I try to make sense of the CIC processes, I fail miserably. In my case, the E-CAS had updated with test information almost a week before I got the letter in mail. In your case, it appears to be the other way round. Also, any idea Scarborough applicants, on what the colour of the Test invite implies (is it just the time of the day when the test is going to happen). Mine is a yellow coloured letter.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Great. Every time I try to make sense of the CIC processes, I fail miserably. In my case, the E-CAS had updated with test information almost a week before I got the letter in mail. In your case, it appears to be the other way round. Also, any idea Scarborough applicants, on what the colour of the Test invite implies (is it just the time of the day when the test is going to happen). Mine is a yellow coloured letter.
Yeah, I also thought I'd see the test invite on ecas before the actual letter arrived, but I got the letter and literally a week later ecas updated. In my case ecas has always updated a few days after my process moved (a few days after AOR, process started, transfer to local office etc) but I am very glad to have it as a tool to confirm that the process is moving along just as each communication received was saying. And just so you know, my invite letter was white - it sounds like the color of the paper is more of a "local office" thing than actually meaning anything in relation to your application/process.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
meateater said:
18/20 Passed.
Oath may take upto 4 months.
We should support this online petition:

CIC, Adopt a one-line processing standards so applicants from all across Canada will be processed on first-come-first-served basis

https://www.change.org/p/chris-alexander-adopt-a-one-line-processing-standards-so-applicants-from-all-across-canada-will-be-processed-on-first-come-first-served-basis

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Yes, received the letter on this concern yesterday.
My wife is asked to provide the following document:

Identification
Photocopies of all pages of your passport/travel document used to enter Canada on March 31,2009.
Photocopies of all pages of
your passport/travel document used to enter Canada and
any valid or expired passports/travel documents given to you since your entry to Canada

I am not sure if we should include and translate all pages in the passport, even including non-Canada entry/leave records.

Any idea, please advise, thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ualiu said:
Yes, received the letter on this concern yesterday.
My wife is asked to provide the following document:

Identification
Photocopies of all pages of your passport/travel document used to enter Canada on March 31,2009.
Photocopies of all pages of
your passport/travel document used to enter Canada and
any valid or expired passports/travel documents given to you since your entry to Canada

I am not sure if we should include and translate all pages in the passport, even including non-Canada entry/leave records.

Any idea, please advise, thanks.
Is it form CIT 0171 or CIT0520? Please check lower left corner of the form.

If these are not the forms as mentioned above then i think they are asking for passport information only and you may need to get the stamps translated to be on safe side.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations!
Thank you.
It was a little harder than I anticipated, no scaring anyone but the ones who will be taking the test soon please go prepared, always rely on the discover Canada book.

Oath may take up to 4 months, please do not call the call center as they won't have any updates for oath. That's what the interviewer said.

PHEW!!! Really 4 months ?