App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Big congratulations! Hamilton office moves forward.
Hope I follow you step and receive the letter next week.

gupta.rk said:
Finally I got the invitation for writing the test for citizenship from Hamilton Office. I have my exam on 7th May,2015

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
gupta.rk said:
Finally I got the invitation for writing the test for citizenship from Hamilton Office. I have my exam on 7th May,2015
Congrats, wonderful news from Hamilton office.

debysousa

May 13, 2014
I've applied for my citizenship after living in Canada since 2006 as PR, arrived in 2005.
I travel a lot and I am self employed so I think that cause me to get a RQ, Ive just completed it and am sending it back. I believe I have a very strong response as I have been living in Canada and have all documents to proof it such as lease agreements from all residencies in the years (2010/2014), lease agreements from business that I have had during the period, tax filling, back letter saying I have had an active account with them since 2007 with average over 30 transactions a month, personal doctor letter saying Im his patient since 2007, send my i-94 records and my Canadian border entry records as well. Listed all my travel history (I can't really understand the i94 and border entries, some of them make no sense so I couldn't perfectly match with my own record.) (my health record didn't arrive but I am sending after).
This year I decided to start a business in the U.S. (have already opened a commercial location here) and have spend 4 months here, going back to Canada now for a little bit... I have been advised to apply for a non-immigrant business visa (L1) so I don't have to be limited by the 180 days in the use limitation and I will be ok to work my business here. Its a visa for 1 year with potential to extend for 3 years but its a non immigrant visa so it doesn't lead to a green card.
Would applying for this visa interfere with my citizenship?
I didn't even know about a 2nd RQ, after reading the posts I am a bit concerned I might get that or with all the extensive papers I sent would be less likely that they would?

If a judge asks, I will be spending more time in the US since I am starting my business here, I have had my business in Canada for over 6 years and still on going (I don't have a physical location there anymore, just my team and I receive income) but I will continue to go spend some time in Canada...however the nature of the visa I would be getting is one of a person that intends and is committing to going back to their country of residency. I have no intention to be a permanent resident in the US. I believe if a judge would interview me they would have no question of my intention in staying in Canada for life as thats the truth.

Any feedbacks/opinions is appreciated. Thanks

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 24, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.
4. Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on March 31, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Yes the physical letter through mail and also it is updated in eCas
Congrats...My time line is exactly like your's but no Test Invite for me

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Hey All,

Can anyone who had their test and oath tell me how many weeks/months apart it took to receive your oath after writing your test. I am an December applicant and I had my test last week. I just wanted to know how long someone who got their oath letter already waited.

Thanks,
Jarina

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Jarina said:
Hey All,

Can anyone who had their test and oath tell me how many weeks/months apart it took to receive your oath after writing your test. I am an December applicant and I had my test last week. I just wanted to know how long someone who got their oath letter already waited.

Thanks,
Jarina
In this forum, I have seen people getting oath invite from anywhere around 10 days to 2 months depending on the province

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HIC2011 said:
Congrats...My time line is exactly like your's but no Test Invite for me
Hamilton office has started moving so everyone will get the invitation for writing the test

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Hi,

I got my test invitation today. The letter was issued on April 28th. I have to write the test on May 14th. I sent my application on the first week of September 2014.

Regarding the documents, did you bring proof of your language test. I dont have one.

Thank you

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
venecolano said:
Hi,

I got my test invitation today. The letter was issued on April 28th. I have to write the test on May 14th. I sent my application on the first week of September 2014.

Regarding the documents, did you bring proof of your language test. I dont have one.

Thank you
Congratulations for getting test invite.

You need to bring all originals of the documents submitted with your citizenship application.

By the way where is your language proof, did you lose it? What did you originally submit as language proof?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations for getting test invite.

You need to bring all originals of the documents submitted with your citizenship application.

By the way where is your language proof, did you lose it? What did you originally submit as language proof?
Thank you.

I had two language proofs. But I sent the originals. It happened that I submitted my application twice. I sent the first one and I realized that something was missing, so, two days later I submitted a new one, to be safe. I guess I will have to buy a new copy from Celpip to be safe.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
venecolano said:
Thank you.

I had two language proofs. But I sent the originals. It happened that I submitted my application twice. I sent the first one and I realized that something was missing, so, two days later I submitted a new one, to be safe. I guess I will have to buy a new copy from Celpip to be safe.
So you had two different language proofs?
What i am thinking is that you have sent your original celpip first and then the next time you sent the copy with the 2nd application, correct?

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
where is your office?
venecolano said:
Hi,

Thank you

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
So you had two different language proofs?
What i am thinking is that you have sent your original celpip first and then the next time you sent the copy with the 2nd application, correct?
Yes, I sent two original celpip certificates. I got two from them.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
venecolano said:
Yes, I sent two original celpip certificates. I got two from them.
You can explain this to the officer during the interview that you have submitted original certificates.

Usually during the interview they don't ask for the originals unless they have doubt.

For myself, they asked my PR card, landing paper and passports, that's it.

Good luck!