Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:
Hi Karthicbaboo
Just wanted to let you know I got my test invitation letter in the mail today for May. Yours should be coming around soon too!
Thank you, Looking Forward to it

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansoy said:
Passed Citizenship test today.....20/20... :D :D
Wait for Oath begins....
Congrats to you and ajay95!

@ajay95: I don't think you need to update any documents, you'll only need to get a passport so you can enter Canada without the PR.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
itguy78 said:
Congrats to you and ajay95!

@ ajay95: I don't think you need to update any documents, you'll only need to get a passport so you can enter Canada without the PR.
Thanks itguy78!!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
Status changed from PR to Citizenship

Do I need to get new SIN and OHIP ? Any other impact ?
Ajay95, you actually do need to renew your OHIP card - I was updating mine last week since it expired (I am still a PR, but waiting for citizenship test) and the lady at the service ontario was very kind to point out that once I have the citizenship I will have to come back and fill in the new form. She said its just one form and will be very quick though.

cheers and congrats on your citizenship!

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:
Hi Karthicbaboo
Just wanted to let you know I got my test invitation letter in the mail today for May. Yours should be coming around soon too!
Did you See any Updated on your Ecas ? before or after receiving the Test Invite.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthicbaboo said:
Did you See any Updated on your Ecas ? before or after receiving the Test Invite.
The update on ECAS of test and/or oath letters is not reliable.
In my case I saw ECAS update before I got the test letter, but in another June 2014 applicant's case ECAS was not updated until he already gets test/oath letter.

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
jrjayl said:
The update on ECAS of test and/or oath letters is not reliable.
In my case I saw ECAS update before I got the test letter, but in another June 2014 applicant's case ECAS was not updated until he already gets test/oath letter.
So true! Please don't rely on ECAS for the most up-to-date information.

I passed my test last month and am waiting for oath, but my ECAS still says "in process." My ECAS basically never got updated.

It still says.......

===================================================================================================
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 19, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 20, 2014.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
karthicbaboo said:
Yes, my ecas was updated with a line saying that a letter was sent to me inviting me to appear for the test, and that if I did not receive it before the test date, I should contact CIC.

I saw the Ecas update on the same day that I got the letter in the mail.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
KrisinNS said:
Yes, my ecas was updated with a line saying that a letter was sent to me inviting me to appear for the test, and that if I did not receive it before the test date, I should contact CIC.

I saw the Ecas update on the same day that I got the letter in the mail.
Your profile says you landed in April 2012, how did you apply for citizenship in Oct 2014? Curious! !

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
it is possible to count the days who lived in Canada as student or worker before the PR is approved.
meateater said:
Your profile says you landed in April 2012, how did you apply for citizenship in Oct 2014? Curious! !

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
meateater said:
I have lived in Canada since 2009, initially on a work permit. According to the current rules, days lived in Canada prior to receiving permanent residence (ie on work permit, or as a student) count as 1/2 days towards the residency requirements of 1095 days for applying for citizenship.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I got the invitation for writing the test for citizenship from Hamilton Office. I have my exam on 7th May,2015

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
gupta.rk said:
Finally I got the invitation for writing the test for citizenship from Hamilton Office. I have my exam on 7th May,2015
Hi gupta.rk,

Did you receive the physical letter of invite or saw an update in eCas? Thanx.

benk

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benk said:
Hi gupta.rk,

Did you receive the physical letter of invite or saw an update in eCas? Thanx.

benk
Yes the physical letter through mail and also it is updated in eCas