+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

classic0

Feb 6, 2015
itguy78 said:
Several people have been told of of approval after test and received Oath invitation on the spot. A lot of people are told of "approval" after the test and then told that they'll receive Oath invitation a few weeks/months later in the mail -- this seems to be the most common practice lately. As far as I know they're supposed to take your PR card during the Oath ceremony, not at the test/interview.
oh i see i see.... i wonder if they will reject my case after since they just verbally promised that they will approve the case.... they didnt collect my PR card nor give me anything after the interview.... :(

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
itguy78 said:
No problem. Time-wise, your application is going much faster than for a number of applicants from September (including myself) -- my Application was received Sept. 30th and I haven't been called for testing yet (while you applied months later and already have a test scheduled).
Good luck on your test!
itguy78 said:
No problem. Time-wise, your application is going much faster than for a number of applicants from September (including myself) -- my Application was received Sept. 30th and I haven't been called for testing yet (while you applied months later and already have a test scheduled).
Good luck on your test!
Omg Sorry to hear that hopefully u hear something next week. Here is my time line below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 22, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 9, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on April 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Omg Sorry to hear that hopefully u hear something next week. Here is my time line below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 22, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 9, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on April 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Hi Jarina and itguy78
I wrote test on same date as yours and i am september applicant.my application was received on 30th september.i was told to wait for 2-4 months for oath.

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
applicant2014 said:
Hi Jarina and itguy78
I wrote test on same date as yours and i am september applicant.my application was received on 30th september.i was told to wait for 2-4 months for oath.
yay I feel so guilty that's my application was received in December and I have my test date sooner than some of you've. What online practice tests are you using?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
classic0 said:
oh i see i see.... i wonder if they will reject my case after since they just verbally promised that they will approve the case.... they didnt collect my PR card nor give me anything after the interview.... :(
You worry too much, why you think they will reject your case ?

By the way, they are not supposed to give you anything after exam nor collect your PR card.

The PR card is collected on Oath ceremony day.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
classic0 said:
As Paco said above: if your interview went well then chances are good you'll get an oath invitation within a few months. If the interview didn't go well and they didn't tell you that you would receive oath invitation anytime soon then you may get RQ which still not a rejection (despite being major head-ache and major delay).

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
yay I feel so guilty that's my application was received in December and I have my test date sooner than some of you've. What online practice tests are you using?
You shouldn't feel "guilty" about that since it's not your fault -- if anything you should feel "lucky"! :)

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
Passed Citizenship test today.....20/20... :D :D
Wait for Oath begins....

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
karthicbaboo said:
Waiting Since File Transferred to Local Office here in Halifax since Jan 15 2015
Hi Karthicbaboo
Just wanted to let you know I got my test invitation letter in the mail today for May. Yours should be coming around soon too!