karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrisinNS said:
Same here karthicbaboo, My file was transferred to Halifax local office on Dec 23, 2014. It has been three months now, but no word at all, and then I see all these Scarborough applicants getting test dates and oaths within weeks! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Buddy of mine applied in August and got his test and got his Cermemony but missed due to mail didnt come to his address, Found out later on Ecas.

Mine is in Halifax Office Since Jan 15th. I called and asked they cant see any update. let me know when you get yours.

Thanks

smohan78

Mar 3, 2015
I applied Sept 16 2014 and CIC received on 19th Sept 2015, still didn't reeceive any acknowledgement letter. I called CIC and they told me that in december they have sent it but i didn't receive. They told me that my file is in local office (Calgary) since 1st week of Feb 2014 and they will contact you. Till now i haven't received anything. Just worried !!!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
smohan78 said:
I applied Sept 16 2014 and CIC received on 19th Sept 2015, still didn't reeceive any acknowledgement letter. I called CIC and they told me that in december they have sent it but i didn't receive. They told me that my file is in local office (Calgary) since 1st week of Feb 2014 and they will contact you. Till now i haven't received anything. Just worried !!!
Check your e-cas , if it confirms what the agent says ,you are fine. BTW, all applicants who receive their AORs through email ,never receive any mail AORs .

smohan78

Mar 3, 2015
Thanks Informatics,

Yes, i checked e-cas and it says your file was sent to local office on Feb 7 and they will contact you. May be they must have sent through email and it went to my junk email :(

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
smohan78 said:
Thanks Informatics,

Yes, i checked e-cas and it says your file was sent to local office on Feb 7 and they will contact you. May be they must have sent through email and it went to my junk email :(
I am in the same boat...waiting for the test date...chill friend :)

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Got my test and interview done at London office. 20/20.

Question: Does RQ comes after or before the citizenship test?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thriller said:
Got my test and interview done at London office. 20/20.

Question: Does RQ comes after or before the citizenship test?
Congrats!

RQ can come before and after the test. Depends upon the circumstances.
How did your interview go?

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friends who had her test on March 24, received her oath letter today. Her ceremony will be on April 20 on Scarbrough

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Pink letter received today- letter issued on 31st March 2015
Received - 2 April 2015

Test Passed - 2nd March 2015

Wait game over ! Thanks everyone for your timely advice and help !

thriller

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks thecoolguysam, the interview went fine I think; he checked my (Landing Doc., PR, DL, Health, and Passport (page by page) and compared it with the travel history/days out of canada I provided at the time of application), and told me you should receive oath invitation in between 2 to 4 months.

I am not sure should I count out the RQ or still hold my breath about it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thriller said:
Thanks thecoolguysam, the interview went fine I think; he checked my (Landing Doc., PR, DL, Health, and Passport (page by page) and compared it with the travel history/days out of canada I provided at the time of application), and told me you should receive oath invitation in between 2 to 4 months.

I am not sure should I count out the RQ or still hold my breath about it.
If your interview went well then don't worry. Do you think the CIC officer had any doubts? Did you clarify what he asked for (including residency calculator as compared to the stamps on passport)? If yes, then don't worry, you will receive your oath letter soon.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
Hi friends,

Received update on e-cas...test on April 21 at 9.00am...
One query regarding the same...I have applied along with my 2 children aged 8 and 5. Do they need to accompany me for the test? or if not, do I have to take their passports and id with me? or just mine?

Please advise.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
karthicbaboo said:
Buddy of mine applied in August and got his test and got his Cermemony but missed due to mail didnt come to his address, Found out later on Ecas.

Mine is in Halifax Office Since Jan 15th. I called and asked they cant see any update. let me know when you get yours.

Thanks
I will definitely let you know if I hear anything, please let me know if you get a test invite yourself. I called CIC too, and all the agent could tell me was that the application was in the Halifax office... nothing about if there was any problem or RQ or anything else... guess all we can do is wait, wait and wait some more.