Pre-Assessed..
applicant2014 said:
Hey Desigirltoronto84
I have almost same timelines as yours
App sent: 30 Sep 2014
AOR Email: 15 Nov 2014
Processing started: 12 January 2015
Transfer to Scarborough: 31 January 2015
And mine looks similar to yours as well except the RQ. My file was transferred to Scarborough on 21st Jan.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Under the Bulletins and Manuals, here's the link for Citizenship processing (it is a bit roundabout how you go about finding it)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Under "Learn more About" click the last tab "Clearances" which will give you this text:

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
And mine looks similar to yours as well except the RQ. My file was transferred to Scarborough on 21st Jan.
Thanks garian4u.
Yes in my case no RQ so far neither test invite.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Under the Bulletins and Manuals, here's the link for Citizenship processing (it is a bit roundabout how you go about finding it)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Under "Learn more About" click the last tab "Clearances" which will give you this text:

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.
Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years
Thanks a lot us2yow, this was very helpful. I never saw this section on the CIC site. In that case can anyone who ordered ATIP tell me what the CSIS status said on yours? I am trying to understand what may be wrong with my case. Also, any idea on the rest of my questions?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Thanks a lot us2yow, this was very helpful. I never saw this section on the CIC site. In that case can anyone who ordered ATIP tell me what the CSIS status said on yours? I am trying to understand what may be wrong with my case. Also, any idea on the rest of my questions?
Hey , in my notes that field is empty.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey , in my notes that field is empty.
Thanks desigirl. This means I still am not able to understand what caused the RQ. They matched the residence calculation and placed passed for that too. Same for language. What did they find a doubt on?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Thanks desigirl. This means I still am not able to understand what caused the RQ. They matched the residence calculation and placed passed for that too. Same for language. What did they find a doubt on?
Note that GCMS does not include CO officer internal remarks. You never know what may or may not have triggered RQ. Also, it is also very CO dependent. Do you have tons of travel in the past year? If you work for a US company that might be a trigger too. Also, at what time during the process was this ATIP request generated ?

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
So today I had my test, passed 20/20, :) :) :)
There were some true false questions, and rest multiple choice. I read the book two times and practiced some online tests. Good luck to everyone who are preparing for the test.

In the interview, she checked my passport pages and told me I'll be receiving a pink slip which will be the invitation for oath, in 4-6 Months!!! :eek: :eek:
She said everything on my file looks fine and complete.

Just a recap:
applied--Sept 9th
Application received-- Sept 15th
AOR received in mail--December 12th (after calling CIC two times)
Processing Started-- January 6th
File transferred to Scarborough office--January 22nd
Test invite received-- 2nd March (Yellow slip)
Test date -- 9th March.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan37 said:
There were some true false questions, and rest multiple choice. I read the book two times and practiced some online tests. Good luck to everyone who are preparing for the test.

In the interview, she checked my passport pages and told me I'll be receiving a pink slip which will be the invitation for oath, in 4-6 Months!!! :eek: :eek:

Just a recap:
applied--Sept 9th
Test date -- 9th March.
Congrats!!
Why the gap between test and oath is increasing? a few months ago people got test invite in the spot for couple days after the test. then, letter in a month or two, and now, four to six months?

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also have another question, do you know what happens when someone fails the citizenship test?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=361&t=5

If you do not pass the written test, but you meet the other criteria for citizenship, we will schedule you for a second test. This second test will usually take place 4-8 weeks after your first test, but the delay may be longer. If you are not available to take the test on that date, you must let CIC know.

If you do not pass the second test, we will send you a notice telling you to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer. During this hearing, the citizenship officer may assess whether you meet all the requirements for citizenship. During an oral interview, the citizenship officer may:

test your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
ask questions about your residency in Canada; and/or
assess if you have adequate knowledge of English or French.
If you are asked to attend an interview, but applied for citizenship with your family by sending your applications in the same envelope, your application will be processed separately from your family's unless you want them to be processed together.

maryafar said:
I also have another question, do you know what happens when someone fails the citizenship test?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Congrats ...

bkhan37 said:

Just a recap:
applied--Sept 9th
Test date -- 9th March.