September 2014 Citizenship Application

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ralph82 said:
Hi guys!!
As you know, I missed the Oath and I had advised the CIC about it.
I received today a letter from CIC, to appear for taking an Oath on March 16 at 900 am
I won't miss it this time, promise ;D
U better not lol Congrats !!!

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Hello guys

My file got transferred to Calgary office on 3rd March. Now I guess starts the wait considering Calgary office is the slowest in Canada.

If CIC sends a RQ do they do it while the file is at Sydney or while at local office?

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey good news! Congrats. See I told you it will arrive soon. :)
Looking at the timelines, will I be appearing for the test soon.... ??? Is there any chance of RQ at this stage after my papers are transferred to the local office?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansoy said:
Looking at the timelines, will I be appearing for the test soon.... ??? Is there any chance of RQ at this stage after my papers are transferred to the local office?
Don't worry you will hear back soon.

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All
my file was transferred to Local Office Scarborough on 31st January. i got GCMS Notes, i requested in end of January and found that some due dates like Oath etc are 2015/12/01 :eek:. isn't that weird?
some friends on here with the same timelines got test invites and nothing for me yet :(
Regards and Thanks

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
applicant2014 said:
Hi All
my file was transferred to Local Office Scarborough on 31st January. i got GCMS Notes, i requested in end of January and found that some due dates like Oath etc are 2015/12/01 :eek:. isn't that weird?
some friends on here with the same timelines got test invites and nothing for me yet :(
Regards and Thanks
How many days after you applied did you get GCMS? Did it take one month?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applicant2014 said:
Hi All
Regards and Thanks
Hey, don't worry about the oath date on your GCMS notes. It's just a place holder. On my GCMS notes the oath date was for Feb 18th. It's just a place holder. To be fair to them, it's too early in the process to input the right date - i think, the software application they use, forces them to fill in the dates when they create the file. You should hear back soon. What is your timeline?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey, don't worry about the oath date on your GCMS notes. It's just a place holder. On my GCMS notes the oath date was for Feb 18th. It's just a place holder. To be fair to them, it's too early in the process to input the right date - i think, the software application they use, forces them to fill in the dates when they create the file. You should hear back soon. What is your timeline?
+1

My Oath due date in GCMS was february 25, but I haven't even received my Test letter yet (too early).

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansoy said:
How many days after you applied did you get GCMS? Did it take one month?
Hi Sansoy
Yes it took one month for my GCMS notes. i applied on 2 feb and got them on 2nd march. hope it helps.
Regards

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey Desigirltoronto84
I have almost same timelines as yours
App sent: 30 Sep 2014
AOR Email: 15 Nov 2014
Processing started: 12 January 2015
Transfer to Scarborough: 31 January 2015

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
+1

My Oath due date in GCMS was february 25, but did had even my Test letter yet (too early).
Thanks Paco but in my case its too late its in December 2015.
Regards

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I known none of us are experts here. But, I am just trying to decipher my GCMS notes which I received a couple days back. If anyone has any idea, please help and thanks in advance.
1. Case Stage is "Assess" and Case Status says "On Hold", last update being 13th Jan. But, no reason is given. What does it mean?
2. FOSS Clearance Expiry is 2015/12/01 and RCMP Clearance Expiry is 2016/06/03. What do these mean?
3. Then it looks like under Electronic documents ICES-THR was requested on 7th Jan and received on 13th Jan. What is this for?
4. All Absence assessments were done on 14th November by officer at Sydney. Doesn't note anything. Does it mean they agreed to my Residence Calculator OR was this just notes based on what I claimed? Trying to understand if this is what triggered the RQ on 18th Nov or something else.
5. PS/Judge's Decision and Official/Grantor's Decision is "Pending" as of 3rd December. What does PS stand for?
6. CSIS Clearance doesn't have any Status. FOSS Clearance has Status "Passed" on 1st December (this has a sub-activity of QRC Verification which says Passed). RCMP Clearance has Status "Passed" on 3rd December. Is CSIS clearance requested for all applications or is this just a placeholder? Also, what is QRC?
7. Reading through all 21 pages, I couldn't find a single comment or note by which I could make out why the RQ was issued. Is there something that I should look for? Where or how can I understand what is wrong / different with my case?