September 2014 Citizenship Application

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updating my status here for others.
Did my test today at Scarborough.

Advices:
1. Please arrive early. Give yourself 30min or more. I saw some people coming late to the exam. On this important date!!!
2. Make sure you ask the officers when to line up for your test. There are several test during the day. Make sure you line up for yours!!! They will call out "This is the line for 10:15am test" (for example)
3. Be calm and polite. If you don't understand ask. If you are too nervous breathe in and out and calm down. Think positive.
4. Bring your yellow paper. PR. OHIP. Driver license and Landing paper. You'll need them for Step 1 & 2 of the day.

Step 1 - Test
You'll be asked 20 questions, and your answers will go on a paper. All the process related to the test is patiently explained by the officers. Reading the guide and doing some online exams will prepare you for the test. In my case I read the guide 3 times. And did a lot of online tests (links provided in previous posts in this same forum)

I passed 20/20. (The results are given to you by the interviewer officer on Step2)

Step 2 - Interview
The officer checked the Landing form, verified my original ids against the photocopies. Went through every single page of my passports to check against the Residence calculator submission while asking random questions about my job.

At the end said all was in order, congratulated me and told me to wait for the Oath date that will arrive on the mail in a few days.

Lots of patience and good luck to all of those waiting.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
morzilla said:
Updating my status here for others.
Did my test today at Scarborough.

Advices:
1. Please arrive early. Give yourself 30min or more. I saw some people coming late to the exam. On this important date!!!
2. Make sure you ask the officers when to line up for your test. There are several test during the day. Make sure you line up for yours!!! They will call out "This is the line for 10:15am test" (for example)
3. Be calm and polite. If you don't understand ask. If you are too nervous breathe in and out and calm down. Think positive.
4. Bring your yellow paper. PR. OHIP. Driver license and Landing paper. You'll need them for Step 1 & 2 of the day.

Step 1 - Test
You'll be asked 20 questions, and your answers will go on a paper. All the process related to the test is patiently explained by the officers. Reading the guide and doing some online exams will prepare you for the test. In my case I read the guide 3 times. And did a lot of online tests (links provided in previous posts in this same forum)

I passed 20/20. (Paper test. you'll be given you get your results right away by the interviewer officer on Step2)

Step 2 - Interview
The officer checked the Landing form, verified my original ids against the photocopies. Went through every single page of my passports to check against the Residence calculator submission while asking random questions about my job.

At the end said all was in order, congratulated me and told me to wait for the Oath date that will arrive on the mail in a few days.

Lots of patience and good luck to all of those waiting.
+1 to you for such a detailed explanation!!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to everyone doing the test and posting feedback - always appreciated.

My application updated to in-process today (ecas) saying they started processing my application March 4th.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 5th line has been added to my Ecas.
5. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 4:05 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't received the letter on mail yet.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maryafar said:
5. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 4:05 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

congrats! when was the file transferred to your local office and what is your local office?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Congrats Maryfar

maryafar said:

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
maryafar said:

Hi, please let me know when was your file transferred and which is your local office? Thanks in advance!!

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansoy said:
Hi, please let me know when was your file transferred and which is your local office? Thanks in advance!!
My file was transferred to Scarborough office on February 1st. Is anybody here has the test on same day as me?

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I got my test invitation on March 17 @ 1:01pm (montreal office)

It would be kind if you all cld give tips how to prepare for the test.

thnx

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!!
As you know, I missed the Oath and I had advised the CIC about it.
I received today a letter from CIC, to appear for taking an Oath on March 16 at 900 am
I won't miss it this time, promise ;D

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
maryafar said:
My file was transferred to Scarborough office on February 1st. Is anybody here has the test on same day as me?
Thank you for the response!!

immigrant2008

Jun 4, 2014
Congrats! Did your ecas get updated?

paulcanada74 said:
Hello All,

I got my test invitation on March 17 @ 1:01pm (montreal office)

It would be kind if you all cld give tips how to prepare for the test.

thnx

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrant2008 said:
Congrats! Did your ecas get updated?
I came to know through ecas, still waiting for the letter...as per ecas they send me notification on 3rd march...