+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Gamza

Dec 25, 2014
I applied on Sep 8th 2014 and received acknowledgement on Jan 19th 2015 after i sent my second application. so if u call "Call Centre" they will encourage you to reapply or send another application because they lost it.
good luck but 6 month is too long time to get AOR letter.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gamza said:
I applied on Sep 8th 2014 and received acknowledgement on Jan 19th 2015 after i sent my second application. so if u call "Call Centre" they will encourage you to reapply or send another application because they lost it.
good luck but 6 month is too long time to get AOR letter.
I'm sorry I didn't get it. you sent new application after you had received AOR letter?

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
Hi everyone!
Did my test!! Passed!!!! There were many failed.
Do not depends on online quiz!!! It wasn't very easy, yet not so hard. So study and study the book.
Waiting for the oath!!
Good luck to all.

Gamza

Dec 25, 2014
Ralph82, of course not :)
I have sent another application and after 3 days they sent me email AOR. now my 2nd application somewhere, I hope they will send it back.
but this is not the point! the point is i called CIC several times and they said "DO NOT WAIT for AOR, WE HAVE PROBABLY LOST YOUR APPLICATION. SEND NEW APPLICATION"

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Officer just told me that they are overloaded so not in situation to issue oath letter in real time. It will come by post in 2-3 months.
No-one received oath letter - I checked with 4-5 people - everyone was asked to wait for the oath in mail.

desigirltoronto84 said:
Congrats! :)

Some individuals got the oath letter right away. Did the officer tell you why 2-3 months ? Did anyone in your batch get the oath letter right away ??

juannie

Mar 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic received on Nov 7th 2014
Letter of acknowledging receipt of my application is on Jan 24 2015
Started processing on my application on Feb 10th 2015

Will keep you guys updated

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
juannie said:
Cic received on Nov 7th 2014
Letter of acknowledging receipt of my application is on Jan 24 2015
Started processing on my application on Feb 10th 2015

Will keep you guys updated
Thanks for sharing your timelines . My husband has got almost the same timelines and still waiting for local office transfer .Please do share here when your file is transferred to the local office .

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Thanks for sharing your timelines . My husband has got almost the same timelines and still waiting for local office transfer .Please do share here when your file is transferred to the local office .
Is your ecas upto date?

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
I got my test date.. Location Mississuaga.. Is the Citizenship Test online (or) paper based. If it's paperbased will they be correcting it right away?

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Hi guys..

Good news.. Me and my wife got test invite for March 17.
Test letter was dated Feb 27,2015
My timeline is below
Application Sent-Sep 22
Appli Received- Sept 29
AOR Received - Dec 16(In Process Nov 21)
Finger Prin RQ - Jan 15
Finger Print Received by CIC- Jan 29

No update on ecas. Thanks everyone for support and good luck to my friends who are waiting for test and Oath

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just sat my test and passed 20/20. Mine was a family application and in our case (Mississauga office), Both my spouse and i were interviewed together ( even though we went prepared for separate interviews as per other posts seen here )

The officer checked the COPR form, verified our original ids against the photocopies we had submitted. Went through every single page of our passport to check against the Residence calculator submission. Ask random questions about the jobs held and places stayed in Canada.

At the end said all was in order, thanked us and then straight away gave us our letters to appear for the oath on March 9th.

I never did received my letter to appear for the test but had taken a printout of the Ecas which stated my date and time and explained it to the officer who said it was not an issue.

Thus ends my odyssey to Citizenship. All the best to the others in the que

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sisifo said:
I just sat my test and passed 20/20. Mine was a family application and in our case (Mississauga office), Both my spouse and i were interviewed together ( even though we went prepared for separate interviews as per other posts seen here )

The officer checked the COPR form, verified our original ids against the photocopies we had submitted. Went through every single page of our passport to check against the Residence calculator submission. Ask random questions about the jobs held and places stayed in Canada.

At the end said all was in order, thanked us and then straight away gave us our letters to appear for the oath on March 9th.

I never did received my letter to appear for the test but had taken a printout of the Ecas which stated my date and time and explained it to the officer who said it was not an issue.

Thus ends my odyssey to Citizenship. All the best to the others in the que
Excellent ! Congrats! :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gee8mail said:
I got my test date.. Location Mississuaga.. Is the Citizenship Test online (or) paper based. If it's paperbased will they be correcting it right away?
Yes you will get your test result right away.
Cheers,

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Paper based and will be corrected soon after you finish the test.

gee8mail said: