+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Gorgonion said:
Hey,
I had my test today Kitchener 8)
1- Questions easy read the book and practice with the online test. Hint the General governor of Canada has his name in the room lol
2- There were so many many people absents. The officer didn't stop calling names and they were missing. That was an embarrassing moment. Around 10 peoples absent for the test :eek:. We were 18 :eek:. I honestly suspect something went wrong with their invite mail.
3-Got to the interview with officer. Checked the my ID's ; didn't say anything about 3 things in my case ;
a- The driver licence in the app is different from the one he has in the (old one from Quebec).
b- He checked my pass stamps. I didn't provide a certified translations as no were I saw they asked for that.They are not in English the month part and he was 'able to read them'.
c- As I said before I had a typo with my birth-date.
That's it. Passed the exam and I was told that my app was approved. Oath in one to two months. :D
Good luck to everyone.
I guess you sent a truck load with additional documents (supportive documents, of course) with initial application garnished with a detailed cover letter so your application got in the fast line.

There is fellow around here putting up a statistics how upsides the process not following the rules :))

By the way, congratulations!

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think I provided more docs than that what they asked for.
The only thing that I spent time doing is organizing my stuff. I have put a post-its with numbers to match the checklist and I packaged the thing in order. Cause I thought, if I were in their place, I would like to receive documents in order.
I didn't provide a cover letter. Stick to what they ask for. That was my lesson from my PR that took 3 years.
My 2 cents.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Gorgonion said:
I don't think I provided more docs than that what they asked for.
The only thing that I spent time doing is organizing my stuff. I have put a post-its with numbers to match the checklist and I packaged the thing in order. Cause I thought, if I were in their place, I would like to receive documents in order.
I didn't provide a cover letter. Stick to what they ask for. That was my lesson from my PR that took 3 years.
My 2 cents.
Its what I thought so; thats the way to go.
Cheers

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
Appeared for Test today at Scarborough.

Test was easy - got 19/20

Officer told me will receive Oath letter by mail in next 2-3 months.
Congrats! :)

Some individuals got the oath letter right away. Did the officer tell you why 2-3 months ? Did anyone in your batch get the oath letter right away ??

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gorgonion said:
Hey,
I had my test today Kitchener 8)
1- Questions easy read the book and practice with the online test. Hint the General governor of Canada has his name in the room lol
2- There were so many many people absents. The officer didn't stop calling names and they were missing. That was an embarrassing moment. Around 10 peoples absent for the test :eek:. We were 18 :eek:. I honestly suspect something went wrong with their invite mail.
3-Got to the interview with officer. Checked the my ID's ; didn't say anything about 3 things in my case ;
a- The driver licence in the app is different from the one he has in the (old one from Quebec).
b- He checked my pass stamps. I didn't provide a certified translations as no were I saw they asked for that.They are not in English the month part and he was 'able to read them'.
c- As I said before I had a typo with my birth-date.
That's it. Passed the exam and I was told that my app was approved. Oath in one to two months. :D
Good luck to everyone.
Hey congrats!

Although i just say that there was period in the past few weeks when CIC was issuing the oath letter on the spot. Did they tell you why the delay? Also, did anyone in your test group get the oath letter on the spot ?

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hey congrats!

Although i just say that there was period in the past few weeks when CIC was issuing the oath letter on the spot. Did they tell you why the delay? Also, did anyone in your test group get the oath letter on the spot ?
The officer said because the room is small and it is actually. I remember seeing 80 pples max sign. I didn't see people get oath on the spot but I saw someone that probably will get an RQ. I heard the officer saying, hmm this is not good we will send you a notice to let you know what to do.
With all the absent pple I think kitchener will move fast.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi Citizenship friends,

I have applied on 22nd April 2014 for my citizenship. I did my test on 19th February 2015 @ Vancouver local office. They update my e-cas after I finish my test.

Now waiting for a big day? Oath taking.........Any idea........Please....

Thanks

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Mark_Anna said:
Hi Citizenship friends,

I have applied on 22nd April 2014 for my citizenship. I did my test on 19th February 2015 @ Vancouver local office. They update my e-cas after I finish my test.

Now waiting for a big day? Oath taking.........Any idea........Please....

Thanks
You should be good, dont worry.

Did you send any additional documents with you initial application?
There is a guy lurking around interested in such detail.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi era 1521

Except my legal name change document, I never send anything & they never ask me anything. I am in Vancouver so my local office is also at Vancouver.

Thanks

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I took the test and scored 20/20. We started the test at 8:30am and I left the office at 9am. The interviewer said I will receive the oath letter within 2 months. I didn't see anyone receive oath letter on the spot until I left.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hera9 said:
Today I took the test and scored 20/20. We started the test at 8:30am and I left the office at 9am. The interviewer said I will receive the oath letter within 2 months. I didn't see anyone receive oath letter on the spot until I left.
Congrats :)

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Congrats !

Hera9 said:

smohan78

Mar 3, 2015
Hi,

I applied in September 16th 2014 from Calgary and CIC received the file on 19th September 2014 but still didn't receive any acknowledgement yet. Please anyone can let me know how long usually it takes.

Thanks

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smohan78 said:
Hi,

I applied in September 16th 2014 from Calgary and CIC received the file on 19th September 2014 but still didn't receive any acknowledgement yet. Please anyone can let me know how long usually it takes.

Thanks
Request an ATIP