+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys...any idea about processing times for hamilton office?

My file got transferred to hamilton office last week.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
desigirltoronto84 said:
Through my PR and citizenship process I learned one key thing : the best way to deal with the stress is not to think about it. I almost forgot about my application due to work and other social activities and today I was pleasantly surprised to find the test invite in my mail box ... :)
Yup you are right . The best approach is to forget about the application for a while :D :D :D...

Wish you all the very best for your test !

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
A quick update.

Got the test invite (either today or yesterday. Didn't check my mail box yesterday) - finally!
Letter dated : Feb 18th
Test date : March 11th at 10.15 AM
Place : Scabby town :p

BTW, I called CIC two days ago and the lady refused to give any updates on my file. She was adamant, she said I need to wait atleast a year before I can call them and ask for updates. I wasn't in the mood to argue that's why I hung up on her. :mad:
Congratulations desigirltoronto84 !! Do you remember if any of these dates (test letter date OR actual test date) matches any of the information that was quoted in your file released through ATIP? That could be some indication of how true the notes on files are OR can be. Also, what happened of your Europe travel? Are you in time for that? Because once you get the Canadian citizenship, then you will need to surrender the Indian passport which also takes time. Although, I don't think that will cause issues in your Europe travel. But, please share your experience. I am stuck right now as I need to travel to US in the 3rd week of April and to India immediately after and there is no update on my file. Did you ever do a Case Specific enquiry? How long do they take to reply? I had done one more than a month back and still no reply.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
A quick update.

Got the test invite (either today or yesterday. Didn't check my mail box yesterday) - finally!

BTW, I called CIC two days ago and the lady refused to give any updates on my file. She was adamant, she said I need to wait atleast a year before I can call them and ask for updates. I wasn't in the mood to argue that's why I hung up on her. :mad:
Congrats.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Kinda wondering what's going on with Chin24 and ITGUY78 ?
They both got their AOR : chin24 in jan and itguy78 in feb.

Congrats for your Test date ;D

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
A quick update.

Congrats! I think you're the first September applicant with e-mail AOR to get a test invite (or at least that I seen)!

Since you asked: I got e-mail AOR on Feb 1st and since then no change on ecas -- just says Received on Sep 30th 2014, no in process or anything. I will update the thread on any new information.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congratulations desigirltoronto84 !!
Thanks!!

Do you remember if any of these dates (test letter date OR actual test date) matches any of the information that was quoted in your file released through ATIP? That could be some indication of how true the notes on files are OR can be.
When I requested my GCMS notes it was still very early in it's stage - even before I had received the AOR email. I would think that the dates on the document were simply a placeholder - nothing more. To be fair, it was too early in the process to plug in any dates. Most of the activities had "NOT STARTED" flagged against it. That said, there was a date I don't remember which date was it - I know that date coincides with the date the test letter was generated. I think the GCMS notes are more meaningful later on in the process.

Also, what happened of your Europe travel? Are you in time for that? Because once you get the Canadian citizenship, then you will need to surrender the Indian passport which also takes time. Although, I don't think that will cause issues in your Europe travel. But, please share your experience.
Europe is still in the cards; it's end of march. My eyes are on the test date, right now. I will see how things go from there. I will keep everybody posted. :)

I am stuck right now as I need to travel to US in the 3rd week of April and to India immediately after and there is no update on my file. Did you ever do a Case Specific enquiry? How long do they take to reply? I had done one more than a month back and still no reply.
Personally, I take the position that I can't hold my life because of this application. If I were you, I would go ahead with the trips as planned as long as I am not out of the country months at a time - it should be fine. I hope the timing works out for you though.

I did do a Case Specific Inquiry back in December - I got a response within 30 days.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Congrats! I think you're the first September applicant with e-mail AOR to get a test invite (or at least that I seen)!
Hey, Thanks! :) I don't think I am the only one. I think there are others as well. I remember getting off this forum for the longest while when I saw that almost everybody on this thread were getting test invite. :( haha!

Since you asked: I got e-mail AOR on Feb 1st and since then no change on ecas -- just says Received on Sep 30th 2014, no in process or anything. I will update the thread on any new information.
This is good. I knew you got your AOR didn't know that there hasn't been updates since then. But remember though that your file will take longer time to process as it is a family application. Good luck and hang in there!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am curious, who is maintaining this google doc?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Mark_Anna said:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
ok dear, we get it.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:

Citizenship

Hi, Thanks for sharing your timeline. You may want to update your profile signature with the same information and also update google doc :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi,
I am in Ontario. Soon gonna apply for citizenship. I assessed my degrees from ICAS which is comparable to secondary education with 2 years of university education in Ontario.
The query is should I applied with Icas report and copies of degrees OR have to get english language certificate (ESL) (upto level 4 atleast).

Thanks in advance