September 2014 Citizenship Application

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
Good news...I hope mine will also processed. I called cic on Monday and they confirmed that FP are received and now they are awaiting result from RCMP.
Thank you skFSW, I am not sure what they are doing over at CIC ::) I was under the impression that once RCMP sends them results they are sending them processed "results" especially since RCMP's update states that the "Completed" results are forwarded.

I think "maybe" when CIC gets the results from RCMP the file still has to wait for the caseworker responsible for the file to update and continue processing. but this is just my opinion (who knows what the real deal is)

Fingers crossed hope we all pass these hurdles sooner rather than later.

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCas got lost a few weeks ago I can't not even see the current status now. I've been calling them every other day but no updates once or ever. The latest I heard was my file was on Scarborough since Jan 14th. Is been a quiet and long wait.

Regarding my eCas I was asked to write a long email to questions@cic.gc.ca but I haven't heard back from them either.

Seems like the system are getting updated to manage the Bill C-24 and maybe my case / data was corrupted on the eCas.

Luckily that won't stop my process.

The last calls I've done to the CIC I have been attended by some "not so friendly" agents. The answer is the same: are you calling to fix your eCas or do you want to know your status?

If I answer: I want to fix my eCas
Agent: write to questions@cic.gc.ca.
Me: Already did.
Agent: Well wait, they take UP TO 10 days
Me: Is been more than 10 business days
Agent: they will answer eventually

If I answer I want to know my current application status:
Agent: nothing has changed
Me: Does that mean my files are on Scarborough
Agent: Yes, any other question.

Gamza

Dec 25, 2014
latest on my case:

On-Line Services

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 19, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 21, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on January 23, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

this is a family application. Anybody else in Calgary office with the same timeline?

thanks

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
You know when I did my FP through a agency. They told me that they will send an email to ST CLAIR(corresponding visa office mentioned on the letter) that the applicant is done with FP. Also the agency will digitally submit the FP to RCMP the file number. Once RCMP processed the result they will send it to visa office.

That letter might be included in the file with FP status pending to complete. But actually the file will be picked up the cic agent on the date the mentioned while requesting FP. (most probably 60 days) because they have given me 30 days time to complete the FP.

latitudeofgratitude said:
Thank you skFSW, I am not sure what they are doing over at CIC ::) I was under the impression that once RCMP sends them results they are sending them processed "results" especially since RCMP's update states that the "Completed" results are forwarded.

I think "maybe" when CIC gets the results from RCMP the file still has to wait for the caseworker responsible for the file to update and continue processing. but this is just my opinion (who knows what the real deal is)

Fingers crossed hope we all pass these hurdles sooner rather than later.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Anyone knows CIC email address for status inquiry? Thanks.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hera9 said:
Hi,

Anyone knows CIC email address for status inquiry? Thanks.
Better to fill the form, to be sure to give them all the info they need :
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

In the bottom, enquiry - type of application, choose "Citizenship - Grant".

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paulcanada74 said:
Hi, I also updated my status so far but still for you: (we received email AOR on same day)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 20, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
I don't see that fourth line yet.. :(

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. So not sure if this qualifies as an update but I shall share it anyway! ... :p

I had requested notes on my CIC file way back on Jan 5th via ATIP request. That came today - a 20 PAGE report.

I still need to review it in details. But upon scanning the document I get two things : 1 ) My secondary Office is Scarborough, 2) They have not done anything on my file yet. :'(

BTW, what does Application Status Reason - Inventory-CP Mean? Does it mean it is still in the inventory I.e no one has looked at it ?

I just hope the test dates don't clash with my vacation days.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
You know when I did my FP through a agency. They told me that they will send an email to ST CLAIR(corresponding visa office mentioned on the letter) that the applicant is done with FP. Also the agency will digitally submit the FP to RCMP the file number. Once RCMP processed the result they will send it to visa office.

That letter might be included in the file with FP status pending to complete. But actually the file will be picked up the cic agent on the date the mentioned while requesting FP. (most probably 60 days) because they have given me 30 days time to complete the FP.
Yes, this sounds similar to what I was also told...and with them being digitally collected, CIC may very well receive the results this way too.

Hang in there you will hear something soon.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morzilla said:
My eCas got lost a few weeks ago I can't not even see the current status now. I've been calling them every other day but no updates once or ever. The latest I heard was my file was on Scarborough since Jan 14th. Is been a quiet and long wait.

Regarding my eCas I was asked to write a long email to questions @ cic.gc.ca but I haven't heard back from them either.

Seems like the system are getting updated to manage the Bill C-24 and maybe my case / data was corrupted on the eCas.

Luckily that won't stop my process.

The last calls I've done to the CIC I have been attended by some "not so friendly" agents. The answer is the same: are you calling to fix your eCas or do you want to know your status?

If I answer: I want to fix my eCas
Agent: write to questions @ cic.gc.ca.
Me: Already did.
Agent: Well wait, they take UP TO 10 days
Me: Is been more than 10 business days
Agent: they will answer eventually

If I answer I want to know my current application status:
Agent: nothing has changed
Me: Does that mean my files are on Scarborough
Agent: Yes, any other question.

I understand your impatience and frustration. But the key is to wait.10 days is nothing. Some people on here are waiting for months. My file has not been updated since the 9th of this month.

I also don't understand what you mean by your eCas got lost? Can you explain what you see when you put in all your information and click on submit!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Any updates for the individuals who received email AOR early January 2015?

Chin24 ?
gupta.rk ?

Did you receive an AOR - itguy78?
No news for me.. called CIC last week and the agent said my application is probably lost -- so typical... I'll be preparing another application to send in case I hear nothing by the end of February.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Gamza said:
latest on my case:

On-Line Services

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 8, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 19, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on January 23, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you.

this is a family application. Anybody else in Calgary office with the same timeline?

thanks
I am a Calgary office single applicant with almost same timelines as yours .

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Gamza said:
latest on my case:

On-Line Services

thanks
I am from Calgary as well. I am a single applicant. Though I have not officially received any AOR by email or post, but call centre agent confirmed around 2nd week of January that they received my file on Sep 8 exactly same day as you. I still do not see my ecas status update.