+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Any updates for the individuals who received email AOR early January 2015?

Chin24 ?
gupta.rk ?

Did you receive an AOR - itguy78?
Hi desigirltoronto84,

I have updated all my updates so far. Please see my signature as well.

After that it is quite silence.

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:

Chin24 ?
gupta.rk ?

Hi, I also updated my status so far but still for you: (we received email AOR on same day)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 20, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
desigirltoronto84 said:

Chin24 ?
gupta.rk ?

Hello There

We are in the same boat. Here are our timelines:

Application Sent: 24th Sep 2014
App received: 26th Sep 2014 (CIC says - 29th Sep 2014)
eCAS updated: In Progress - 5th Jan 2015

I am just curious. Folks in similar boat, are yours family application or single?

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
So yesterday when I checked my ecas, it was showing "Your file was transferred to the local visa office on January 22, 2015. The local visa office will contact you".
Today it says:
4.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 22, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Looks like someone is updating ecas daily now :S. Also, I live in Oakville, so why Scarborough?

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
no update since "in process" on Jan 14.
desigirltoronto84 said:

Chin24 ?
gupta.rk ?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
Today i called the cic prick who told me that my file got transferred from mississauga to scarborough
Buddy, we are in very similar situation. Keep me posted. Should I also call the Call centre, as E-cas is not really updating with anything after In-Process. I saw that most applications received November onwards get additional details on E-Cas e.g. transferred to local office. I didn't see that with the earlier applications. In fact my file number is also something that doesn't start with a C. What about yours?

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status changed to "In process" on January 15 and I didn't get any update since then :(

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here, no news since they started tprocessing my application on january 19.

I'm waiting for my file to be transfered to Montreal's office, maybe this week...

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day all,

RCMP got fingerprints as requested through agency on Monday 26, January. I received the below email this morning.

Service was pretty swift took them only 24 hours to complete.

Good Morning,

In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification for: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on: January 27, 2015 and the result has been sent to:

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
CIC ST CLAIR
25 ST CLAIR AVENUE EAST, 2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2

NOTE:
CFSS processes more than 30,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individuals fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated and or a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.

Service seems effective , praying CIC follows suit.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
Good news...I hope mine will also processed. I called cic on Monday and they confirmed that FP are received and now they are awaiting result from RCMP.

latitudeofgratitude said:
Good day all,

RCMP got fingerprints as requested through agency on Monday 26, January. I received the below email this morning.

Service was pretty swift took them only 24 hours to complete.

Good Morning,

In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification for: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on: January 27, 2015 and the result has been sent to:

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
CIC ST CLAIR
25 ST CLAIR AVENUE EAST, 2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2

NOTE:
CFSS processes more than 30,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individuals fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated and or a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.

Service seems effective , praying CIC follows suit.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting update again,

Just got off the phone with CIC to advise them the requested fingerprints were submitted. The agent was kind enough to attempt to note my file and came back stating that they had already received the results on the 26th, and not the 27th as per RCMP! anyway 26th or 27th doesn't matter either way, what matters here is speed. :D
Agent also stated that all background checks were already completed. However since I had answered yes to having used another name in the past, even though that name is still part of my current name, the process requires that applicants finger prints be submitted in these cases .
(So much for trying to cross every T ) ::)

see example below

Current Name : JANE DOE-SMITH (Smith being spouse's Surname)
Maiden name : JANE DOE

Therefore, I did not need to fill the section of application that referred to having used another name including maiden name, since I still also currently use my maiden name, I would only need to fill that section if I was currently using the name JANE SMITH, so even though the background checks were already done using all my names that I currently use, according to CIC's policy, a test could not be scheduled before the submission of fingerprints, as this request should have been sent to me earlier in the process.

Also, I think someone else from another thread hinted at this before too, But when I went to get my prints taken at commissionaries, I was advised that a match does not necessarily have to be on a same name basis, when the criminal registers are checked if a similar date of birth and gender is matched to a sex offender a Finger print request is needed to rule out Criminality.

I know there are a lot of guessing surrounding these FPR's, but according to the lovely lady at CIC this was the issue in my case, and it may very well be for others especially female applicants.
Hope this sheds light or make the process a little easier for others in a similar position.