+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
gupta.rk said:
Hi ualiu,

don't worry about the email address as all these Canadian Immigration & citizenship emails are white listed in any email server so it will never go into junk email.
Hey gupta.rk - i am also waiting for my AOR - and recently did an ATIP and got a response back that said something like this:

"Following a thorough search of our information holdings, I regret to inform you that no records were found that respond to your request with the information provided. Please provide your case number...etc"

Was your ATIP request responses also similar ?

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:
Hey gupta.rk - i am also waiting for my AOR - and recently did an ATIP and got a response back that said something like this:

"Following a thorough search of our information holdings, I regret to inform you that no records were found that respond to your request with the information provided. Please provide your case number...etc"

Was your ATIP request responses also similar ?
Yes i did get exactly the same response but i sent them back my response in the email explaining in details that what is the issue. You need to follow up with them.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
It means that you have got AOR email as well as another email from ATIP correct?
Did you submit ATIP request to find the application or case specific enquiry or both?
Did ATIP help or Case Specific Enquiry?
How much time it took for a response?
Yes correct I submit ATIP to find the application and a case specific inquiry both.
I don't know which helped me but it took me almost 2 month to get the response but finally i got my AOR

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Case specific enquiry will help as you can explain that you have no clue about the application (with delivery receipt, fee receipt, copy of PR card ). They will try to find the application and create account in their system and thus getting email-AOR.

ATIP will not help as there is nothing in the system so search shows no result. ATIP will work only if it is in the system.

Hope this helps.

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think the courier makes any difference, as long as it gets there. Delivery speed should depend on how much you pay ;)

deepsight said:
Any idea if it is better to resend the application via FedEx ?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Yes correct I submit ATIP to find the application and a case specific inquiry both.
I don't know which helped me but it took me almost 2 month to get the response but finally i got my AOR
Can you please add your timeline to your signature?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Dear All,

After 78 calls to CIC call Center , 21 emails and 2 ATIP follow up, finally CIC Sydney sent me the acknowledgement (AOR) letter.
They didn't stated anything that when they received it and when they are going to start the processing rather just an acknowledgement email.
I was following up since November,2014 and finally i got it.

I just want to send this message to everyone who is waiting for their AOR and haven't heard anything from CIC, please follow up and wait for their reply. I think waiting is the key here but also following up quite hard will help you a lot.

My application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and AOR received on 9th January 2015.

Best of Luck everyone and Thanks to all those people sharing the information and guiding people here to handle these stuff very efficiently.

Thanks once again
Congrats !

Interessting, as my file reached CIC 2 days earlier than you (sept 10th).

After xx calls, 1 eletronic inquiry, and 1 ATIP still no answers.

I'm preparing to resend the file.

4 months wasted, + new extra fees too pay, frustrating...

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this thread I see few people still in the same situation:

Alex_78, Sep 8
Hop, Sep 25
ualiu, Sep 30
itguy78, Sep 30

Look like our files are stuck inside a drawer.

The positive thing is that last week (Jan 5 to 9), CIC issued AOR for:

gupta.rk, 12 Sep
maryafarm, 26 Sep
Paulcanada74, 26 Sep
nv4canada, 26 Sep
desigirltoronto84, 29 Sep

Maybe someone finally discover the pile in the drawer..

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Paco said:
In this thread I see few people still in the same situation:

Alex_78, Sep 8
Hop, Sep 25
ualiu, Sep 30
itguy78, Sep 30

Look like our files are stuck inside a drawer.

The positive thing is that last week (Jan 5 to 9), CIC issued AOR for:

gupta.rk, 12 Sep
maryafarm, 26 Sep
Paulcanada74, 26 Sep
nv4canada, 26 Sep
desigirltoronto84, 29 Sep

Maybe someone finally discover the pile in the drawer..
I'm October 2nd also in the same boat have not heard anything yet.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Paco said:
Congrats !

Interessting, as my file reached CIC 2 days earlier than you (sept 10th).

After xx calls, 1 eletronic inquiry, and 1 ATIP still no answers.

I'm preparing to resend the file.

4 months wasted, + new extra fees too pay, frustrating...
Usually ATIP or Case Specific enquiry takes anywhere around 1 to 2 months. Did you wait enough for their reply already?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Usually ATIP or Case Specific enquiry takes anywhere around 1 to 2 months. Did you wait enough for their reply already?
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that it could take that long to get an answer.
For the case specific enquiry, it has been 3 weeks, and for the ATIP only 1 week.

But on my latest calls, I have been told by that the application was probably returned or lost, so they suggested to resend.
Especially when you see the spreedsheet, its obvious that the delay its absolutly not normal.

4 months to wait for an AOR, it's no more a patience game, but a torture game ??? .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Paco said:
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that it could take that long to get an answer.
For the case specific enquiry, it has been 3 weeks, and for the ATIP only 1 week.

But on my latest calls, I have been told by that the application was probably returned or lost, so they suggested to resend.
Especially when you see the spreedsheet, its obvious that the delay its absolutly not normal.

4 months to wait for an AOR, it's no more a patience game, but a torture game ??? .
I completely agree. If possible, wait for another week to 10 days else resend the application with updated fees. which means attach $400 receipt that you paid earlier and pay $230 and attach that receipt along with new application with all new dates with cover note stating that CIC could not find the application and that's the reason why you are resending the application.

Make sure to provide tracking number and photocopies of delivery proof receipts for the old application.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:

4 months to wait for an AOR, it's no more a patience game, but a torture game ???
I find the "your application was returned and is perhaps lost" very strange. For whatever it's worth I don't think neither CIC nor canada post can be THAT irresponsible. ATIP request should tell you whether your file was ever received / returned. I suggest you wait till end of Jan before re sending. Also you need to think about the fact that if CIC did return your first application (which now is apparently "lost") something was missing in your file - you don't want to submit the same application with missing artifacts.

If you do submit the application, have one of your friends who has applied and has received an AOR look at your package before you send it in. Provided it's a single application, I can help you with that if you don't have anyone you know ...

That said, I can assure you sending ATIP has no correlation with receiving an AOR. Two entirely different unit within CIC handles the two requests.

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
desigirltoronto84 said:
I find the "your application was returned and is perhaps lost" very strange. For whatever it's worth I don't think neither CIC nor canada post can be THAT irresponsible. ATIP request should tell you whether your file was ever received / returned. I suggest you wait till end of Jan before re sending. Also you need to think about the fact that if CIC did return your first application (which now is apparently "lost") something was missing in your file - you don't want to submit the same application with missing artifacts.

If you do submit the application, have one of your friends who has applied and has received an AOR look at your package before you send it in. Provided it's a single application, I can help you with that if you don't have anyone you know ...

That said, I can assure you sending ATIP has no correlation with receiving an AOR. Two entirely different unit within CIC handles the two requests.
are you sure that an atip would show if an application has been returned?

I was under the impression cic did not record any data about returns and only recorded once an aor has been issued.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
johoja said:
are you sure that an atip would show if an application has been returned?

I was under the impression cic did not record any data about returns and only recorded once an aor has been issued.
CIC does not record any data for applications been returned.

However, doing case specific enquiry or ATIP enquiry with application details like date of delivery, tracking number, signed by etc can be utilized by cic to do a search to find the application which is lying somewhere on their shelves being left unattended so that they can search the application and start to work on it.

If the application has been returned by canada post, it is sent by regular post and if it is lost then there is no way to track it.