September 2014 Citizenship Application

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Dear All,

After 78 calls to CIC call Center , 21 emails and 2 ATIP follow up, finally CIC Sydney sent me the acknowledgement (AOR) letter.
They didn't stated anything that when they received it and when they are going to start the processing rather just an acknowledgement email.
I was following up since November,2014 and finally i got it.

I just want to send this message to everyone who is waiting for their AOR and haven't heard anything from CIC, please follow up and wait for their reply. I think waiting is the key here but also following up quite hard will help you a lot.

My application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and AOR received on 9th January 2015.

Best of Luck everyone and Thanks to all those people sharing the information and guiding people here to handle these stuff very efficiently.

Thanks once again
Congrats !!! :D

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Dear All,

After 78 calls to CIC call Center , 21 emails and 2 ATIP follow up, finally CIC Sydney sent me the acknowledgement (AOR) letter.
They didn't stated anything that when they received it and when they are going to start the processing rather just an acknowledgement email.

I just want to send this message to everyone who is waiting for their AOR and haven't heard anything from CIC, please follow up and wait for their reply. I think waiting is the key here but also following up quite hard will help you a lot.

My application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and AOR received on 9th January 2015.

Best of Luck everyone and Thanks to all those people sharing the information and guiding people here to handle these stuff very efficiently.

Thanks once again
That's good to hear. But if you contact too frequently don't they flag your file?

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Congratulations!
Thanks for you sharing the good news.
You give me more hope when I am still waiting for my AOR.
Could you please post the sender email address in the AOR so that I will not filter it as a trash?
Thanks,

gupta.rk said:
Dear All,

Thanks once again

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Can you please share your timeline in your signature or on this forum?

When did you apply?
It took me a while to figure out how to change the signature
I originally applied on July27th got the files back (missing 1 copy of and old passport)
Send all my data back on Sep26th

As of 2 days ago my eCas still missing

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morzilla said:
It took me a while to figure out how to change the signature
I originally applied on July27th got the files back (missing 1 copy of and old passport)
Send all my data back on Sep26th

As of 2 days ago my eCas still missing
Hi Morzilla,

When you had applied first, did they send you an AOR before returning your application package? or, did they just return it to you?

I am just trying to gauge if AOR means "we have received your application and none of the documents are missing".

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi Morzilla,

When you had applied first, did they send you an AOR before returning your application package? or, did they just return it to you?

I am just trying to gauge if AOR means "we have received your application and none of the documents are missing".
If the application is returned there is no AOR generation. It means application returned is application never received.

AOR means that the documents have been checked and the application is complete and is not missing any documents and is ready for processing which means it has been accepted.

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
If the application is returned there is no AOR generation. It means application returned is application never received.

AOR means that the documents have been checked and the application is complete and is not missing any documents and is ready for processing which means it has been accepted.
Pretty accurate what thecoolguysam said.
It was returned with a letter saying what was missing and my next steps.
I followed them and got my AOR letter on the mail on December.

I consider myself a Sept Applicant not a July one.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morzilla said:
Pretty accurate what thecoolguysam said.
It was returned with a letter saying what was missing and my next steps.
I followed them and got my AOR letter on the mail on December.

I consider myself a Sept Applicant not a July one.

thecoolguysam said:

Thanks to both of you.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
That's good to hear. But if you contact too frequently don't they flag your file?
Hi desigirltoronto84,

I didn't see it here in my case. in fact following up strongly helped me a lot. APIT helped too.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Did you get a response for your ATIP request?
Hi desigirltoronto84,

Yes i did get it and i reply their email with exact issue i was facing.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gupta.rk said:
Hi desigirltoronto84,

Yes i did get it and i reply their email with exact issue i was facing.
It means that you have got AOR email as well as another email from ATIP correct?

Did you submit ATIP request to find the application or case specific enquiry or both?

Did ATIP help or Case Specific Enquiry?

How much time it took for a response?

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Congratulations!
Thanks for you sharing the good news.
You give me more hope when I am still waiting for my AOR.
Could you please post the sender email address in the AOR so that I will not filter it as a trash?
Thanks,
Hi ualiu,

don't worry about the email address as all these Canadian Immigration & citizenship emails are white listed in any email server so it will never go into junk email.