+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

deepsight

Jan 7, 2015
Any idea on the process of resubmitting the citizenship application and things that we have to make sure we do not miss, like including a cover letter indicating that this is the 2nd time we submit the application. If anybody can provide a template of the cover letter with required info

Calvados

Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coming back from holidays we found a test invitation for the 23 January in Mississauga. The full timeline is in the signature.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepsight said:
Any idea on the process of resubmitting the citizenship application and things that we have to make sure we do not miss, like including a cover letter indicating that this is the 2nd time we submit the application. If anybody can provide a template of the cover letter with required info
<Your Address>
<Your Telephone #>

Subject : Second Application for Canadian Citizenship Dated: <Include Date>

Dear Case Officer,

Please find enclosed my application for Canadian Citizenship. I would like to bring the following items to your attention.

1) You need to make sure you clearly mention that this is your second application - when was your first application sent
2) Postal receipts
3) If you have Canada Post/Fed Ex delivery confirmation notice with the signature on it then you need to include that as well
4) Explain to them why you are resubmitting the second application

You may want to list the documents that are included in your package.

I hope this helps.

deepsight

Jan 7, 2015
Thank you desigirltoronto84 for the valuable information, I will give it some time and then I will re send the application, hopefully I get a reply before the end of Jan

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calvados said:
Coming back from holidays we found a test invitation for the 23 January in Mississauga. The full timeline is in the signature.
Thanks and good luck did your ecas got update 8)

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
1We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

2 We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3 We started processing your application on December 9, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 5, 2015. The Scarborough 4Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

It all happened after i called cic today i called to ask if i would be getting my acknowledgment or receipt and the discover canada book by mail then he ask me if i got anything in my email i said. Yes. So. He replied that i will not. Get it in the mail that i should use the link to the discover canada to study for the up coming test

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unomas said:
1We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2014.

2 We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3 We started processing your application on December 9, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 5, 2015. The Scarborough 4Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

It all happened after i called cic today i called to ask if i would be getting my acknowledgment or receipt and the discover canada book by mail then he ask me if i got anything in my email i said. Yes. So. He replied that i will not. Get it in the mail that i should use the link to the discover canada to study for the up coming test
your file is moving very very fast. Congrats! :)

Calvados

Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gorgonion said:
Thanks and good luck did your ecas got update 8)
No, eCAS is still stuck on "We started processing your application..."

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, do we have a google doc for September applicants? If not, perhaps it might be good idea to start one.. we can see the updates and tracking right away.

Let me know if we don’t have one... that way, I can create one.

Thanks

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Guys, do we have a google doc for September applicants? If not, perhaps it might be good idea to start one.. we can see the updates and tracking right away.

Let me know if we don't have one... that way, I can create one.

Thanks
We have one it is somewhere at the beginning of this treat.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
desigirltoronto84 said:

Let me know if we don't have one... that way, I can create one.

Thanks
Guys please start using this spreadsheet.. This is for all and it will help how things are moving. Don't create a new one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
Guys please start using this spreadsheet.. This is for all and it will help how things are moving. Don't create a new one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16iv9M5ZcYTopiEXKmbhrqXDG37asVqzXVYbKjc6EhdM/pubhtml?gid=426483997&single=true
Thanks, I updated my timeline on the sheet.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

After 78 calls to CIC call Center , 21 emails and 2 ATIP follow up, finally CIC Sydney sent me the acknowledgement (AOR) letter.
They didn't stated anything that when they received it and when they are going to start the processing rather just an acknowledgement email.
I was following up since November,2014 and finally i got it.

I just want to send this message to everyone who is waiting for their AOR and haven't heard anything from CIC, please follow up and wait for their reply. I think waiting is the key here but also following up quite hard will help you a lot.

My application was received on 12th Sep,2014 and AOR received on 9th January 2015.

Best of Luck everyone and Thanks to all those people sharing the information and guiding people here to handle these stuff very efficiently.

Thanks once again