+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well we are all happy about your case, but dont rub it on or face now C'mon !!! lol
Sisifo said:
I mailed in my app on 4 sep and it reached CIC on 8th as per Canada Post.
I have received in the mail today (9th Dec) an acknowledgement of receipt letter which is dated 18 November along with the study guide.

Read a lot of comments previously how CIC was supposedly sending AOR and study guides by email now.
Well that's definitely not happened in my case.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
I got the book in mail today.
So, to recap:
Date Sent => 28-Sep-2014 regular mail
Date Received => 7-Oct-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS enabled => 20-Nov-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 25-Nov-2014
AOR/Book in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
.. dont rub it on or face now C'mon !!! lol
LOL didn't mean it as such but based on those other posts i had been religiously checking my email every day since the Nov 8th to no avail

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just kidding !! best of luck

Sisifo said:
LOL didn't mean it as such but based on those other posts i had been religiously checking my email every day since the Nov 8th to no avail

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi IRCANADA

I did send an email to question@cic.gc.ca and also sent a case specific inquiry, with the email format that you mentioned.

I got two auto replies from question@cic.gc.ca, basically requesting to submit same information, that I already have submitted via email.

Did you get similar auto replies? I have no issue with submitting this information again but just didn't want to duplicate queries.

Kindly if you can advise on this.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get an email like this one:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is for case specific enquiries and online technical difficulties only. For general enquiries, please consult our online Help Centre<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index.asp> or our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp>.

To help you, include all the following information in your request:

* Surname (last name) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document;
* Given name(s) (first name) - Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document;
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Country of birth;
* Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses;
* Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all;
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Online application reference number;
* Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record,etc);
* Approximate date that the application was submitted.

We will only respond to your request if:

* you submit all the requested information above;
* you meet the criteria<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp> for case-specific inquiries listed on our website regardless if your application was submitted inside or outside Canada;
* the normal processing time <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp> for your application has passed; and
* you cannot verify the status of your application using the online tool <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp> page; or
* you wish to report important changes about your application such as birth, death, marriage, divorce, adoption, change in job status.

* If the above information is missing, we will not reply to your request until we receive all of this information in one email. Also, we can only communicate with you in one of our two official languages: English or French.

The response delay is 10 business days for online technical difficulties and 30 business days for case specific inquiries. Sending multiple emails concerning the same request will not accelerate the response delay.

Thank you.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>

Please Note: By initiating email communication with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), you are authorizing CIC to use your email address to communicate personal information on your file, or case, with you. You also understand that email communication may not be a secure channel. CIC is not responsible for communicating personal information to a third party when it has made the necessary efforts to identify them. CIC is also not responsible for the misuse of this information by a third party. To consult the CIC policy on Internet use, click here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/notices.asp

immi2011 said:
Hi IRCANADA

I did send an email to question @ cic.gc.ca and also sent a case specific inquiry, with the email format that you mentioned.

I got two auto replies from question @ cic.gc.ca, basically requesting to submit same information, that I already have submitted via email.

Did you get similar auto replies? I have no issue with submitting this information again but just didn't want to duplicate queries.

Kindly if you can advise on this.

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi IRCANADA,

Yes thats the email I got twice even though I just sent one email to questiona@cic.gc.ca.

Should I forward them this information again?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, thats basically a confirmation that they have received your email. No need to send anymore emails.
You should get a respond back within 2-3 business days.

immi2011 said:
Hi IRCANADA,

Yes thats the email I got twice even though I just sent one email to questiona @ cic.gc.ca.

Should I forward them this information again?

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Thank you IRCANADA.

To All,

Did anyone else sent email/case specific inquiry recently in regards to AOR not being received?

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immi2011 said:
Thank you IRCANADA.

To All,

Did anyone else sent email/case specific inquiry recently in regards to AOR not being received?
Yes, I sent the same last Dec 5, no reply yet.
As of Dec 8, our files cannot be found by CIC.. :(

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
Hello everyone please comment!!!!

I'm glad most of us revived their AOR by now. Any idea when we will receive notice to go for test ???? Please answer based on your knowledge . I know it's hard to tell but do what you can! Thanks!! I am thinking! It might be spring!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupta.rk said:
Hi Alister62, How did you check eCase(file no , client id ....?). My application has also received on 12th Sep,2014 and i have no response from CIC so far.

Could you please tell me in details

Thanks
Hi,

I submitted my application on the 26th of sept. From the tracking information I know that it was received on the 29th of September.

Can someone here please advise how do I go about checking my application status on e-cas? I have tried various identification types - COPR no., PRC no. , receipt number (starts with an R... right?) - however, the system is unable to find my application. Did you guys use any other identification ?

Should call the Call centre instead ?

Secondly, when people say here that they we're advise my the CIC call centre agents to REAPPLY - does it mean that we have submit the $400 application fee again ? I am not thinking of reapplying as yet - just gathering the information.

S

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hi,

I submitted my application on the 26th of sept. From the tracking information I know that it was received on the 29th of September.

Can someone here please advise how do I go about checking my application status on e-cas? I have tried various identification types - COPR no., PRC no. , receipt number (starts with an R... right?) - however, the system is unable to find my application. Did you guys use any other identification ?

Should call the Call centre instead ?

Secondly, when people say here that they we're advise my the CIC call centre agents to REAPPLY - does it mean that we have submit the $400 application fee again ? I am not thinking of reapplying as yet - just gathering the information.

S
Hi, to reapply means to resend the application. Just attach the receipt form you have and add a cover letter stating why you are sending a duplicate.

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
I think you should wait for another 2-3 weeks. They may send AOR. If not by then, call the call centre and follow thier instruction. Good luck!