itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ralph82 said:
Hey everyone!
I definitely can't make the Oath tomorrow. I'm still sticking in Montreal.
What should I do? call CIC?
If I got an oath date after the test I would miss just about anything else to go to it.. weddings, funerals, deathbeds, job interviews/meetings, doctor appointments, etc.. I would be willing to get fired over it. Something would have to >physically< stop me from going to it... I would be willing to spend/waste thousands of dollars (that I don't have) to go to it.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ralph82 said:
Hey everyone!
I definitely can't make the Oath tomorrow. I'm still sticking in Montreal.
What should I do? call CIC?
Call CIC and let them know you can't make it. I am not sure why you have not done it already as CIC gives you that option.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
emilyly said:
Hi guys, I was just wondering whether you need to stay in the country after you send your application?
Anyone Please!!!!!
Why dont you ask CIC this question? They would be pleased to answer it.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Well I am not from Ontario , however I have read experiences of some applicants who received yellow colored test letter and got oath notification on the spot .

Hope you will get the same :D
Thanks. I am being cautiously optimistic. Don't want to set high expectations yet. :) we will see how it goes.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
If I got an oath date after the test I would miss just about anything else to go to it.. weddings, funerals, deathbeds, job interviews/meetings, doctor appointments, etc.. I would be willing to get fired over it. Something would have to >physically< stop me from going to it... I would be willing to spend/waste thousands of dollars (that I don't have) to go to it.
LOL! I call that dedication errr... *desperation*.

Joke aside though, I share your sentiments. But my coworker (and @pompi on this forum) boldly requested to move the oath date because of their travel plans. I spoke to my coworker and he was completely fine with doing it. He said the officer said he will get the new date in 4 to 6 weeks and wrote down the dates of his travel.

I mean, I know that sometimes - specially where RQ is involved - things are not always "rational" or "logical". I mean, anybody can get it and people with all the chances of getting it doesn't get it. All this to say I don't think there is an exact science to it. But I wonder what does your upcoming travel plan has to do with getting a RQ - specially AFTER you have passed EVERYTHING and basically, have the oath date in your hand?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alister62 said:
Anybody know what's the differen between pink and yellow or white test invitation means????
Please reply if you know! I heard pink is the best???
Color of the test invite paper has no bearings on your processing time. Scarborough generally issue yellow coloured test invite paper - I just learned today that color has no meaning because both of my besties got yellow coloured test invite from Scarborough - but one got his citizenship and the other on got RQ'd.

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
So disappointed. I called CIC to check if they have test invite for me as everything was dead, learnt they had sent me FPR back in Jan which i never received. Now they gonna send it again which may take 6 weeks. Also will move my application into non routine. My file is now sitting at Scarborough office; feeling disgusted.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Color of the test invite paper has no bearings on your processing time. Scarborough generally issue yellow coloured test invite paper - I just learned today that color has no meaning because both of my besties got yellow coloured test invite from Scarborough - but one got his citizenship and the other on got RQ'd.
I can tell you that a friend of mine got a "white" test invitation and after passing he got oath invitation on the spot for a week later, so at least here in Windsor the white paper doesn't seem to mean anything bad.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
There are different test versions at each session - logical outlook would be that color scheme likely determines which version you get. I doubt CIC want to randomly give out the various versions on the day or leave it to the testing officer to hand them out in the correct ratio.

Found this friends, in another thread, posted previously by a senior....

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meateater said:
So disappointed. I called CIC to check if they have test invite for me as everything was dead, learnt they had sent me FPR back in Jan which i never received. Now they gonna send it again which may take 6 weeks. Also will move my application into non routine. My file is now sitting at Scarborough office; feeling disgusted.
Your ECAS should show that a letter was mailed. Does it show?
Some applicants with FPR do get status update on ECAS.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on the test invites everyone.
I am pleased to see some of us are making progress... this signals light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us.

Now go and study real hard and get ready for your oath invites next.

all the best.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meateater said:
Finger print request is not a big deal, especially if your file is processed in a fast office like Scarborough, it will just delay your timeline by a few couple of weeks.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Finger print request is not a big deal, especially if your file is processed in a fast office like Scarborough, it will just delay your timeline by a few couple of weeks.
This is true, FPR's is not a big deal, with some luck your local office will indeed be Scarborough, and not Mississauga (Mississauga seems pretty quick in sending out regular test invites) but once you get off that test wait list; FP'd applicants from this local office seem to have to wait a little longer to get back onto the test list, (based on my observation of past cases), wait can be up to 2 months or more in some cases. (give or take the odd case)

Scarborough's FPR applicants on the other hand, seems to be carrying on at the same speed as regular applicants with a wait times of under a month from submission.
Either way, I suggest sending in the requested FP's ASAP, The sooner you are able to do this the sooner you should hear something back, regardless of where your local office is.

Latitude

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Thanks

era1521 said:
No restrictions; you just have to answer correctly 15 questions out of 20, regardless which failed.
That kind of test was a while back (for ex I had my test on my first application in 2006 and it was like you mention)