Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Got the invitation letter to write the test. It will be on July 30th in Edmonton. Hopefully will clear that and get the Oath ceremony date asap.

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Hello All,

Its been 10 months journey ended today ......here is my time line
29 th sept 2014 application recieved
3rd december AOR letter dated
7th Jan 2015 in Process
14th jan transfered to local office
25th jun test
22 july oath.... family application ... local office ottawa

I Thank all the people on this forum . this forum is very informative and helpful at times. Once again Thanks and I wish all of you the very best and good Luck ........... Salute

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maysee said:
Hello All,

7th Jan 2015 in Process
25th jun test

I Thank all the people on this forum . this forum is very informative and helpful at times. Once again Thanks and I wish all of you the very best and good Luck ........... Salute
Congrats fellow Canadian! and Congrats jeune and Pamma97 future fellow Canadians!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maysee said:
Hello All,

7th Jan 2015 in Process
25th jun test

Congratulations

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Hello

I am currently travelling outside of Canada and my friend told me that CIC has sent me test invitation for Aug 5 '2015. I am afraid I may not be able to come back in due time. To check my options I would like to know if I defer my test date, what is the latest date I can expect for new appointment.

Also please advise study materials for test and their links.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Hello

I am currently travelling outside of Canada and my friend told me that CIC has sent me test invitation for Aug 5 '2015. I am afraid I may not be able to come back in due time. To check my options I would like to know if I defer my test date, what is the latest date I can expect for new appointment.

Also please advise study materials for test and their links.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
You can call them and say that you can't make that date. They will probably ask why and I advise you not to lie. Having said that, it's at their discretion regarding when to re-schedule the test.. it could be a month later, or several months later. I have heard of people getting RQ for missing/rescheduling their OATH date, so you should be aware of the slight risk of that happening for missing/rescheduling a test. The point is that if you were going to be away for more than 2 weeks, you should have already called CIC and told them when you would not be in the country (as per CIC guidelines) so they would not try and schedule a test for those dates -- if anything that would have been the way they would be the least suspicious about your travel... or at least since C-24 became law they seem to watching closely for anyone spending time abroad to determine their intentions of actually living in Canada after becoming a Citizen (regardless of your process starting before C-24 coming into effect) -- the officer who interviewed me (while nice) made plenty of questions regarding all my travels and my intentions (despite my process starting way before C-24 came into effect).

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
itguy78 said:
You can call them and say that you can't make that date. They will probably ask why and I advise you not to lie. Having said that, it's at their discretion regarding when to re-schedule the test.. it could be a month later, or several months later. I have heard of people getting RQ for missing/rescheduling their OATH date, so you should be aware of the slight risk of that happening for missing/rescheduling a test. The point is that if you were going to be away for more than 2 weeks, you should have already called CIC and told them when you would not be in the country (as per CIC guidelines) so they would not try and schedule a test for those dates -- if anything that would have been the way they would be the least suspicious about your travel... or at least since C-24 became law they seem to watching closely for anyone spending time abroad to determine their intentions of actually living in Canada after becoming a Citizen (regardless of your process starting before C-24 coming into effect) -- the officer who interviewed me (while nice) made plenty of questions regarding all my travels and my intentions (despite my process starting way before C-24 came into effect).
Thank you itguy78. So basically the call center reschedules the test? or they will forward my request to back end office?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Alex_78 said:
Thank you itguy78. So basically the call center reschedules the test? or they will forward my request to back end office?
If you can't make to the test and want to reschedule it, please call the call centre and explain the situation (I am not sure how would you call from abroad as 1-888-242-2100 is only accessible from inside Canada). Please send a letter with you name, date of birth, Client ID, Home address with an explanation (within the time-frame mentioned on the letter) to the local CIC office (address must be on the test invite)explaining the situation that you are away from Canada and can't attend the test and need to request for rescheduling the test. You may attach some proof of your travel etc or any other documentation to support the letter.

If the explanation is accepted to CIC, they will reschedule the test after few months.

Here is a helpful link;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=910&t=5

For test study (Discover Canada Guide) here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/

Good luck!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
I am 100% sure the call centre agent can add the information to your file regarding your travel -- when you call ahead. I am not 100% sure if they can add the information/explanation AFTER your test has been scheduled but I would expect them to be able to do it.
To call CIC from outside Canada you can use the information on these posts:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-reach-cic-call-centre-toll-free-number-from-outside-canada-t24877.0.html;msg421316#msg421316
(I have done this from the US before -- it will cost you whatever long distance charges apply to call Canada)

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
Finally the journey is over. ;)
I attended the oath ceremony today in Hamilton. Here is my rough timeline.

Sent to CIC: 20-10-2014
AOR: 19-01-2015
IP: 21-01-2015
Local Office: Hamilton
Test: 11-06-2015
Oath: 04-08-2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
claude15 said:
Finally the journey is over. ;)
I attended the oath ceremony today in Hamilton. Here is my rough timeline.

Sent to CIC: 20-10-2014
AOR: 19-01-2015
IP: 21-01-2015
Local Office: Hamilton
Test: 11-06-2015
Oath: 04-08-2015
Congratulations :)