Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
Just compared my GCMS notes dated in mid-July and mid-September. No updates at all on 'ASSESSMENT'. Criminality was 'in progress' in July and was still 'in progress' in September, anything else that were blank in July remains blank in September.

I am a September 2014 applicant, it is clear that CIC processed nothing on my file between July 2015 to September 2015. Al least my GCMS indicates this.

god grace

Star Member
May 7, 2015
nuke noodles said:
Just compared my GCMS notes dated in mid-July and mid-September. No updates at all on 'ASSESSMENT'. Criminality was 'in progress' in July and was still 'in progress' in September, anything else that were blank in July remains blank in September.

I am a September 2014 applicant, it is clear that CIC processed nothing on my file between July 2015 to September 2015. Al least my GCMS indicates this.

I am also an august applicant n i received my gcms notes on wednesday,mine is also same as yours.....Now all hopes are on new year.... Its frustrating for all of us now

atanubec

Aug 13, 2014
At least some progress..Status updated -Upfront Medical results have been received. 13 months since filing the application :'(

pegasus90

Oct 22, 2014
Hello,

It looks like CIC made some updates on Upfront medical status since last week.

I did my upfront e-medical exam on May and sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on June.

But I realized that I didn't include my birth day in the content so I re-sent an email on July with complete information. All the emails I sent, I received automated reply saying CIC has received my email.

My status didn't change last week so I waited until this Tuesday and hoped my status would be changed.

But I see nothing but 2 original lines saying they only started the application process.

I know calling CIC is useless. Should I re-send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? Or should I actually mail the scanned copy of the upfront medical proof?

Any help would be much appreciated!

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
pegasus90 said:
Hello,

It looks like CIC made some updates on Upfront medical status since last week.

I did my upfront e-medical exam on May and sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on June.

But I realized that I didn't include my birth day in the content so I re-sent an email on July with complete information. All the emails I sent, I received automated reply saying CIC has received my email.

My status didn't change last week so I waited until this Tuesday and hoped my status would be changed.

I had the same thing until I received a reply last week. Try one more time, attaching your medical document with the email and putting as much info in the subject line as possible.

But I see nothing but 2 original lines saying they only started the application process.

I know calling CIC is useless. Should I re-send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? Or should I actually mail the scanned copy of the upfront medical proof?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi forum members,
Planning to take up-front medical test. I have the following questions,
1. How to find a doc in the list of panel physicians who works with CIC via eMedical electronic system?
2. How much it would cost me?
3. Any suggestions for the doctor around Mississauga area.

Please advice.
Thank you.

Bwalya

Oct 7, 2015
Hello Forum Members ,

I have the same question as Mississauga86, I applied for PR on September 2014, and they said they started processing my application on January 30, 2015.

My medicals have not been requested but i want to do them anyway. Question: how do i send the medicals to the immigration office? do i expect that they will already be sent for me by the physician?

I am from Ottawa btw.

Thanks

aakash12

Aug 22, 2012
Looking at the positive side... The new government will be a positive for us, but it may take time for them to settle in the office and go over the stuff.

Note from Liberal things to do list
"Busy Canadians deserve better service from their government. We will establish new performance standards, including streamlining applications, reducing wait times, and offering money-back guarantees.

Performance will be independently assessed and publicly reported. We will start with the services hardest hit by years of cuts by Stephen Harper: Employment Insurance, veterans’ services, immigration, and EI and CPP appeals."

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Lets see how many years it take to implement that :p

aakash12 said:
Looking at the positive side... The new government will be a positive for us, but it may take time for them to settle in the office and go over the stuff.

"Busy Canadians deserve better service from their government. We will establish new performance standards, including streamlining applications, reducing wait times, and offering money-back guarantees.

Performance will be independently assessed and publicly reported. We will start with the services hardest hit by years of cuts by Stephen Harper: Employment Insurance, veterans’ services, immigration, and EI and CPP appeals."

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
aakash12 said:

money back guarantee is fishy 8)

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
Hey guys, just a question, as I saw in a post somewhere, that once your application is approved and everything is complete you must travel to Canada and do your landing before the expiry date of your medical.
So if if validity of medicals i 12months, and you have already done upfront medical and your application is approved after this date of your medical what happens.. do you have to do another one or what...
(I have not received MR, but was considering doing upfront, then this thought came to my head and I do not want to feel rushed travelling when I finally get my PR, as it will take at least 2/3 months for me to pack round things up with my job and sort everything out)

cecsur

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
IELTS Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
I am 25th Sep 2014 applicant, upfront medicals done by May-15, but still havn't see the 3rd line (Medicals Received) ....

Do i need to call CIC?

talk2sharad

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
UF August 2015
Med's Done....
UF August 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
cecsur said:
I am 25th Sep 2014 applicant, upfront medicals done by May-15, but still havn't see the 3rd line (Medicals Received) ....

Do i need to call CIC?
I did mine in late July and still not seeing third line.

I emailed them to confirm that they have received my medical. Got their reply with in a day that they have recvd it and an officer will contact you if any further information is needed.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
BlessedSherry said:
Hey guys, just a question, as I saw in a post somewhere, that once your application is approved and everything is complete you must travel to Canada and do your landing before the expiry date of your medical.
So if if validity of medicals i 12months, and you have already done upfront medical and your application is approved after this date of your medical what happens.. do you have to do another one or what...
(I have not received MR, but was considering doing upfront, then this thought came to my head and I do not want to feel rushed travelling when I finally get my PR, as it will take at least 2/3 months for me to pack round things up with my job and sort everything out)
I think you are thinking on the right lines...Even I have read that COPR has validity as per Medical (which has a validity of 12 months)...So lets say if you do your upfront medicals now and get you PR in April next year...you will only have 5 months left to complete your landing as you COPR will be valid only till Sep (When you did medicals)....My suggestion would be to wait for some more time as we haven't seen any movement even on the Aug applicants....and it will not happen overnight...With this forum all of us would know well in advance when CIC would start working on the applications...may be go for upfront medical close to the time when application process has started picking up a little bit...