+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Nara said:
She asked me verbally re the stamps which are not in English/French and I explained her these stamps. And I also have stamps after applying to the citizenship, since I traveled my back home. She also asked me re this stamp, and how long I was absent after applying. She was so kind, no pressure, just conversation, since they have checked our basic English.
Thank you Nara for those valuable info,

Best of Luck

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
noolan said:
Thanks Ramsfe and Mrbravo for your suggestions. Yes, It is just one stamp. I will translate it anyway. Luckily I have all my boarding passes+ tickets for all my travels since my arrival here in 2009. I also have my CSBA report, which luckily have the correct dates of my travels before applying. I am working for the same employer for the last 3.5 years now. Have my own home with 1183 days of physical presence. I love being here and have no intentions of going anywhere.
You are good but try to translate all your stamps. You won't lose anything by doing so

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to update that I took my citizenship test this morning at 10am. The questions were not too difficult and if you study you should be ok. Also Richmond library website citizenship questions were very good and helpful. I highly recommend to take advantage of it. I got 20 full marks.

We arrived at the venue at 9 am. Our citizenship test invitation letter said to be there at 9 .30 am so we were a little early.( test office ottawa). We parked at a parking lot opposite the citizenship office as their lot was full, and walked across. As soon as we got to the CIC office,my husband and I went to get our document check by the official. We went together and the official informed us that she would check hubby first then me. When it was my turn she just asked me if I had travelled and if I was a student. It was all very informal and relaxed. I told her no and yes I was a student. She checked briefly for any stamps and then gave me the answer sheet and asked me to sign which I did. She told me that I could sit with hubby before the test commenced but then I we would have to sit separately. I was then ushered into tthe oath room where we were to write the test.
It took about 45 mins to check every one and get them seated. The doors were closed and the question sheet given out. We were told we could wait and get the results after the test, which hubby and I did. We both got full marks.
We got there at 9 and left about 10.45. So just under 2 hours. There were not that many people at the Ottawa branch, maybe 50 or a little more. Also there were a lot of people waiting at the reception with small children.

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, please update your info.... keep good news coming this way

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHGMAukyShMdE53cFV3YlRQbVFiT0lXNnJXenVvV3c&usp=sharing

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

My timeline is :

Sydney Received Application : 19 September 2013
In progress since 26 November 2013
Received acknowledgement letter 24 December 2013
Single

PS: The only thing is I submitted my application in Hamilton - Ontario and moved in North York , last week I called them to change my address and they told me my application is still with Sydney. I really don't know if they send my application to Hamilton office or to one of Toronto centres?

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
Hi everybody,

My timeline is :

Sydney Received Application : 19 September 2013
In progress since 26 November 2013
Received acknowledgement letter 24 December 2013
Single

PS: The only thing is I submitted my application in Hamilton - Ontario and moved in North York , last week I called them to change my address and they told me my application is still with Sydney. I really don't know if they send my application to Hamilton office or to one of Toronto centres?
Well, if the agent said that your application is still in Sydney, it means your background check has not been done.
Since you have changed the address before they transfer your application to local office, they will send to Toronto when they are done with background check.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot. It's more clear right now.
Best,
S.
Mango91 said:
Well, if the agent said that your application is still in Sydney, it means your background check has not been done.
Since you have changed the address before they transfer your application to local office, they will send to Toronto when they are done with background check.

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
checked my ecas
application sent sept 16
received sept 20
started processing 27 nov
Status--- In process
then a got a letter asking for kindergarten records for my kids from home country on 28 dec... I sent those records on 25 jan

How long will that put my application back....

does that mean my application is still at Sydney ??

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Hi Aceracer! is your local office Burlington? I am surprised to see that there is a local office in Burlington also. I thought its only in Mississauga or Hamilton. I live in Milton. Do you think my application will also be processed in Burlington? I know i can always call them to ask if my file has been transferred, but can't be on the phone for that long in my job.

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noolan said:
Hi Aceracer! is your local office Burlington? I am surprised to see that there is a local office in Burlington also. I thought its only in Mississauga or Hamilton. I live in Milton. Do you think my application will also be processed in Burlington? I know i can always call them to ask if my file has been transferred, but can't be on the phone for that long in my job.
Hi mine will be Hamilton since I live in Burlington and I believe yours will be also Hamilton.