Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Ok you have to use your office at your home country, because of this:

"Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
-your country of nationality, or
-the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year."

Since you said you are not living in Canada regularly, I think New Delhi would be a safe choice.

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Yeah, I agree with your point and I was thinking likewise when I filled the application. I am confident now, it should be fine... hoping so. And you already answered by next question :) which was if all communications is through email OR physical mails ?

That also relieved my stress to some extent, I prefer e-mails :) which will be the case with PR applications.

Cheers,

Abhi

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
I am not sure about this but I have read somewhere, they are processing all applications in Case processing pilot - Ottawa (CPP-O).
Could be mistaken though.

Correct.

As I see it, you will get AOR, Medical request, Biodata, Passport Request - everything on email.
So you can just go to any designated office and complete whatever you need to do.
But since you are still in India, I think it would be right to put New delhi office.

Correct. If you provide CIC with an email address, all communication will be via email.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
@Zoran: I updated the spreadsheet with your information, however, I'm a little confused here.
The first time you submitted your application information you said you applied under NOC 4012, now,
in your latest submission your put 4122 in the NOC field.
What NOC did you apply under?

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Just mailed my entire application packet today.

Now my question is I have mistakenly stapled some of my documents - is that enough for the application to be returned? :'(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Just mailed my entire application packet today.

Now my question is I have mistakenly stapled some of my documents - is that enough for the application to be returned? :'(
Haven't heard of an application that has been returned because some documents were stapled.
I have some stabled documents in my application, too. My translations were stapled by the translator, and
he told me that if I remove the staples it's not a certified translation anymore.

Don't worry about that.

Please use the Update Form in my signature to send me information about your application, and I'll put
you on the spreadsheet.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
No, they won't return your application for stapling.

But, yes they will frown upon you for sure. :)

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
Hi iam_toby,

iam_toby said:
@ Zoran: I updated the spreadsheet with your information, however, I'm a little confused here.
The first time you submitted your application information you said you applied under NOC 4012, now,
in your latest submission your put 4122 in the NOC field.
What NOC did you apply under?
Sorry for confusion. It was tipo. My class is 4012. I also made a change in office I sent. First I thought to send to Sydney, but after seeing you all guys are sending to CPP-O, I found that actually I should send it there too, so I changed the office to CPP-O.

I have one concern about my eligibility. I have been working in Canada in two periods: 24.8.2010-31.1.2011 and from 6.1.2013 till now. In the meantime, I haven't been in Canada. As the part of my first work in Canada was within 3 years period, I thought that I have exactly 1 full year. However, my working time was 36.25 hours per week, and I just found manual "OP-25 Canadian Experience Class" which explains that full time is:

“Full-time work” is defined in R87.1(3)(a) as requiring at least 37.5 hours of work per week. For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered.

On the other hand, on their site it is clearly explained that full time work is 30 hours per week. I'm wondering which one is true and do you think I could be considered as ineligible for some reason.

Do you know how this work time is exactly calculated and if exactly 1 year 36.25 hours is enough?

Thanks

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
zoran said:
Hi iam_toby,

Sorry for confusion. It was tipo. My class is 4012. I also made a change in office I sent. First I thought to send to Sydney, but after seeing you all guys are sending to CPP-O, I found that actually I should send it there too, so I changed the office to CPP-O.

I have one concern about my eligibility. I have been working in Canada in two periods: 24.8.2010-31.1.2011 and from 6.1.2013 till now. In the meantime, I haven't been in Canada. As the part of my first work in Canada was within 3 years period, I thought that I have exactly 1 full year. However, my working time was 36.25 hours per week, and I just found manual "OP-25 Canadian Experience Class" which explains that full time is:

“Full-time work” is defined in R87.1(3)(a) as requiring at least 37.5 hours of work per week. For the Canadian Experience Class full-time equivalence, or 1,950 hours of paid employment over a period at least of 12 months will also be considered.

On the other hand, on their site it is clearly explained that full time work is 30 hours per week. I'm wondering which one is true and do you think I could be considered as ineligible for some reason.

Do you know how this work time is exactly calculated and if exactly 1 year 36.25 hours is enough?

Thanks
hey Zoran, I sent it to Sydney, NS. But visa office requested for processing is "CPP-O".

i think 37.5hrs was the old rule.
Now we are calculating 1560hrs in a year. (52 weeks, 30 hrs per week).

Also they want you working 30 hrs per week, for 12 months in total.
60 hrs per week for 8 months = not acceptable.
25 hrs per week for 15 months = not acceptable.
32 hrs per week for 13 months = acceptable.

Goodluck.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
zoran said:
Hi iam_toby,

Thanks
Hey Zoran,

please make sure to always use the latest forms and operation manuals.
In the latest op25 it states:

Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one
week, and pursuant to R73(2) “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or
commission is earned.
So every week you worked more than 30hrs you can count towards the CEC experience.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

I have one question. If our application is returned for any reason, how soon we will get to know about it? Is it the same amount of wait time as AOR? How / when do we notified whether the application package we submitted has every document and an AOR can be issued? At a high level, is there any preliminary check on the documents before generating AOR?

Thanks all for your replies in advance.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
kunishsa said:
Hi All

I have one question. If our application is returned for any reason, how soon we will get to know about it? Is it the same amount of wait time as AOR? How / when do we notified whether the application package we submitted has every document and an AOR can be issued? At a high level, is there any preliminary check on the documents before generating AOR?

Thanks all for your replies in advance.

Cheers,
Kunishsa
I think, you would get your package returned with in 30-40 days after submission.
There is no specific answer to it, but this time length seemed precise.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
I think, you would get your package returned with in 30-40 days after submission.
There is no specific answer to it, but this time length seemed precise.
Well let's just agree on you'll get the package back before the current waiting time for AOR.
So right now they issue AOR after about 60 days.
If you don't get the AOR chances are you'll get the package back.

Credit Cards usually get charged after 30-40 days, so I guess that's the time they start
checking application packages.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi

Thanks for your replies.

The reason why I am asking this question is, one of my friend scared me about the documents I had missed out while packaging my application. I did not send my educational transcripts or my experience letters from the companies I worked outside Canada. I strictly followed the checklist and there was no mentioning about educational documents or employment documents from the start of your career. However I had filled every detail of it in Background Schedule document.

Is this a concern?

Cheers,
Kunishsa

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi

Thanks for your replies.

The reason why I am asking this question is, one of my friend scared me about the documents I had missed out while packaging my application. I did not send my educational transcripts or my experience letters from the companies I worked outside Canada. I strictly followed the checklist and there was no mentioning about educational documents or employment documents from the start of your career. However I had filled every detail of it in Background Schedule document.

Is this a concern?

Cheers,
Kunishsa
Correct, you don't need transcripts or employment letters from outside Canada.
You're all good!!

And that friend of yours doesn't know what he's talking about :)