AOR Received.
05-11-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
My Status has changed today from Application Received to In Process.

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Toby...Have you got MR yet?....is it long line because of contact cic without asking?
I heard my friend's lawyer said do not contact or update to cic without asking...otherwise the process will be delayed because officer will take application to new line....What do you think? I also worry because I sent cic update with my T4 years 2013 and NOA

jshziris

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
mawin said:
Hi Toby...Have you got MR yet?....is it long line because of contact cic without asking?
I heard my friend's lawyer said do not contact or update to cic without asking...otherwise the process will be delayed because officer will take application to new line....What do you think? I also worry because I sent cic update with my T4 years 2013 and NOA
Hello friend. That's what I was told too, but it is said to happen only with some VOs. I still strongly suspect the possibility of it, but just so you know, my MR did seem to have been delayed by probably just over 1 week, comparing to most of others who applied at the same time. I sent my new T4 on March 11th, without being asked.
However I do hope yours won't be delayed!
Also Toby did upfront medicals so he most likely won't receive MR.

PRBK2014

Mar 20, 2014
Still no update on my application..getting worried now, Shall I go for upfront medical and RPRF fee payment.

Seniors please advise!!!!!!!!!!!!

sasdp

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Hello friends,
May be am wrong,but I think whoever gets RPRF request and soon after payment gets PPR than upfront RPRF...May be something automatic setup for RPRF payment and PPR.... :(

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
sasdp said:
Hello friends,
May be am wrong,but I think whoever gets RPRF request and soon after payment gets PPR than upfront RPRF...May be something automatic setup for RPRF payment and PPR.... :(
I think some officer has to clear "RPRF paid" and then it will go to PPR.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
jshziris said:
Hello friend. That's what I was told too, but it is said to happen only with some VOs. I still strongly suspect the possibility of it, but just so you know, my MR did seem to have been delayed by probably just over 1 week, comparing to most of others who applied at the same time. I sent my new T4 on March 11th, without being asked.
However I do hope yours won't be delayed!
Also Toby did upfront medicals so he most likely won't receive MR.
I am not convinced though. I think this is a myth that the lawyers are playing :)

You see, a lot of applicants keep calling their lawyers asking them to contact CIC, because they want to know of any update about their file. So the lawyers got tired of contacting CIC - and said "if you contact them, they will put your file at the end of the queue, so you will have to wait an extra 3 months". :D

It does not make any sense, that if you call them once every 2/3 months - they will change the queue of your file. You have a right to know about your file.

jshziris

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
iamroth said:
I am not convinced though. I think this is a myth that the lawyers are playing :)

You see, a lot of applicants keep calling their lawyers asking them to contact CIC, because they want to know of any update about their file. So the lawyers got tired of contacting CIC - and said "if you contact them, they will put your file at the end of the queue, so you will have to wait an extra 3 months". :D

It does not make any sense, that if you call them once every 2/3 months - they will change the queue of your file. You have a right to know about your file.
Second that! I honestly highly doubt it too. There are just too many reasons why some cases are fast and some are slow, and we simply don't have enough information to say that one action of ours is the absolute cause of a little delay.

But again, the status of being anxious sometimes can really make you so confused and attempt to cling onto a million thoughts that might offer some clue for what's going on far over there in Ottawa...

RiskyPrisky

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted alongwith application
Med's Request
29-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2014
LANDED..........
02-Sep-2014
iamroth said:

I second this.
Many applications and Cases are unique.. and so are documents provided to CIC. This might be having impact on the processing time as well.

Cheers
RP