Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/01/2015
AOR Received.
16/01/2015
Med's Done....
23/12/2014
ds3010 said:
Can we have the link to access this information?

Ottawa is 15 months ....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp#west

amdee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Hi everyone..... back to the forum after a long time. I just wanted to update that I had sent out a GCMS request last month and got a reponse that stated that absolutely nothing has happened on my application since I received AOR back in Feb 2013. My visa office is CPP-O. Has anyone else in the forum had any luck with GCMS request?

I am now thinking of applying under CEC. Based on what I see on that forum it appears to have priority over FSW.

I am wondering if I should leave the FSW application as is and apply for CEC, or should I withdraw FSW given that nothing has happened. Your inputs/suggestions are highly valuable and always deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
amdee

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
I think, you will not get any refund even if you withdraw your application in FSW so its better to leave it as it is & apply for CEC. I believe CEC processing has not been effected by strike some how as recently few of frds received Medical request in CEC. Even processing time of CEC has reduced to 12 months now from 13 month in last quarter.
Thanks, Gaurav

amdee said:
Hi everyone..... back to the forum after a long time. I just wanted to update that I had sent out a GCMS request last month and got a reponse that stated that absolutely nothing has happened on my application since I received AOR back in Feb 2013. My visa office is CPP-O. Has anyone else in the forum had any luck with GCMS request?

I am now thinking of applying under CEC. Based on what I see on that forum it appears to have priority over FSW.

I am wondering if I should leave the FSW application as is and apply for CEC, or should I withdraw FSW given that nothing has happened. Your inputs/suggestions are highly valuable and always deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
amdee

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
gaurav1182 said:
I think, you will not get any refund even if you withdraw your application in FSW so its better to leave it as it is & apply for CEC. I believe CEC processing has not been effected by strike some how as recently few of frds received Medical request in CEC. Even processing time of CEC has reduced to 12 months now from 13 month in last quarter.
Thanks, Gaurav
May I ask, why you think amdee won't get refund?
Nothing has happened on amdee's application. I guess it means amdee's processing don't start yet.
CIO's initial eligibility review isn't included the processing.
Maybe I have some misunderstandings about refund procedure... I'd like to know more about it.

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Hi amdee,

I suppose keeping your FSW application is better, because it's one of the way to avoid a risk of rejection. Also, it probably has multi chances of getting PR sooner.

And... in the past, some (or many) FSW seniors applied for CEC because they couldn't wait PR under FSW. However, many of them didn't withdraw their FSW applications. I guess there are an important reason...

Hope this help you :)

amdee said:

Thanks,
amdee

Below is super superfluous. I can't be bothered to leave links and evidences. I think that I'm not a drank ;

I think there are some merit and demerit of withdrawing your FSW application.

In my opinion, the (probably my own) best way is :
1. Apply for CEC,
2. Get the medical request for CEC, and then
3. Withdraw your FSW application if you want.

Some of our friends said that they are considering about switching.
If you withdraw your FSW application before your FSW processing start, you will get refund.
It's probably a good way to avoid spending extra cost.

On the other hands, current CEC is more difficult for getting PR than before.
As I heard from some immigration lawyers/consultants, if the application documents had some gaps or unclearly things, or if the officer(s) had some questions about applicants' personal history, CEC experience etc, target CEC application will be refused directly without requesting additional documents.
For example, (maybe you know already or can see details from some threads of the CEC forum / immigration consultant's blog / etc), some CEC seniors were refused because they didn't send the letter from their client (though CEC's document check list doesn't require it).
Some CEC seniors were refused because they didn't send their responsible manager's business card (though CEC's document check list doesn't require it).
Although CIC webpages (CEC application guide, checklist, and any documents) don't mention so, if the wage is lower than the average, the CEC application will be refused directly... In the past, CEC applicants got PR even if their wage are lower than the average, but currently those cases are history. (I guess it's no problem for you... as a skilled worker who has a regular work permit, your salary must be higher than the average.)
Therefore, "withdrawing a FSW application before you got PR under CEC" has a bit of risk.
But please remember, you can get many details, ideas and informations from CEC forums so you can get PR easy.

Another aspect ; If an applicant was refused due to his/her medical result, it means s/he can't get PR under both of CEC/FSW.
Therefore, if s/he got MR, withdrawing another one is not danger.
Because CEC currently takes 10-12 months for MR while many FSW applications wait almost 1.5-2 years for starting their processing, I guess if you apply for CEC now, you might get a medical request before your FSW processing started... but if CPP-O will work more hard hard hard and quick quick quick, your FSW process will be started before you get MR for CEC. I don't have any confidence, I'm afraid.

Anyway, we can choose but I suppose it depends that how important PR is... if PR is absolutely important for one's life, s/he may not want to give priority to the immigration fee.

Thanks for reading this.

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
hi
I have requested for GCMS last month , I received AOR May 2013. My visa office is CPP-O. waiting for response,

SimK

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1211, 6314
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2014
Med's Request
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
07-14-2015
gaurav1182 said:
Thanks, Gaurav
Hi Gaurav!

I've applied under FSW with arranged employment as well and my file was received on May 01, 2013. Although my ECAS shows In process but I havent received any PER until now (exact same situation as yours). I've tried emailing CIO but no response.

Request you to share some information on how it work since you've been through the exact situation.

My CC got charged on May14 and no PER yet.

What do you suggest??
Thanks in advance.

amdee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Thanks Mysteaka and Gaurav for your valuable input. As always the forum helps!

I will go ahead with my CEC application, and will leave the FSW application as is. I'll withdraw one or the other once I get the request to submit Medical.
I'll keep the thread posted on the development.

Regards,
Amdee

mysteaka said:
Hi amdee,

I suppose keeping your FSW application is better, because it's one of the way to avoid a risk of rejection. Also, it probably has multi chances of getting PR sooner.

And... in the past, some (or many) FSW seniors applied for CEC because they couldn't wait PR under FSW. However, many of them didn't withdraw their FSW applications. I guess there are an important reason...

Hope this help you :)

Below is super superfluous. I can't be bothered to leave links and evidences. I think that I'm not a drank ;

I think there are some merit and demerit of withdrawing your FSW application.

In my opinion, the (probably my own) best way is :
1. Apply for CEC,
2. Get the medical request for CEC, and then
3. Withdraw your FSW application if you want.

Some of our friends said that they are considering about switching.
If you withdraw your FSW application before your FSW processing start, you will get refund.
It's probably a good way to avoid spending extra cost.

On the other hands, current CEC is more difficult for getting PR than before.
As I heard from some immigration lawyers/consultants, if the application documents had some gaps or unclearly things, or if the officer(s) had some questions about applicants' personal history, CEC experience etc, target CEC application will be refused directly without requesting additional documents.
For example, (maybe you know already or can see details from some threads of the CEC forum / immigration consultant's blog / etc), some CEC seniors were refused because they didn't send the letter from their client (though CEC's document check list doesn't require it).
Some CEC seniors were refused because they didn't send their responsible manager's business card (though CEC's document check list doesn't require it).
Although CIC webpages (CEC application guide, checklist, and any documents) don't mention so, if the wage is lower than the average, the CEC application will be refused directly... In the past, CEC applicants got PR even if their wage are lower than the average, but currently those cases are history. (I guess it's no problem for you... as a skilled worker who has a regular work permit, your salary must be higher than the average.)
Therefore, "withdrawing a FSW application before you got PR under CEC" has a bit of risk.
But please remember, you can get many details, ideas and informations from CEC forums so you can get PR easy.

Another aspect ; If an applicant was refused due to his/her medical result, it means s/he can't get PR under both of CEC/FSW.
Therefore, if s/he got MR, withdrawing another one is not danger.
Because CEC currently takes 10-12 months for MR while many FSW applications wait almost 1.5-2 years for starting their processing, I guess if you apply for CEC now, you might get a medical request before your FSW processing started... but if CPP-O will work more hard hard hard and quick quick quick, your FSW process will be started before you get MR for CEC. I don't have any confidence, I'm afraid.

Anyway, we can choose but I suppose it depends that how important PR is... if PR is absolutely important for one's life, s/he may not want to give priority to the immigration fee.

Thanks for reading this.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello Mysteaka,
I read somewhere in processing instruction guide that once PER is issued refund will not be processed but not 100% sure on it. I might be getting confused between processing guides they issued before & after May 4 & may be wrong in quoting this. Thanks..

mysteaka said:
May I ask, why you think amdee won't get refund?
Nothing has happened on amdee's application. I guess it means amdee's processing don't start yet.
CIO's initial eligibility review isn't included the processing.
Maybe I have some misunderstandings about refund procedure... I'd like to know more about it.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
I got my PER on July 31 while my payment was taken on May 2. I requested my GCMS notes last month but haven't received it yet so not sure what happened with my application but i think they are putting your application through some more checks...don't worry you will get your PER soon.

It might related to employer verification or something else. We can't rule out LMO verification too since that RBC issue is still fresh & i heard that its very difficult to get new LMO now. It also possible that they don't want us to get priority processing ahead of NEW FSW applicants (after May 4 applicants) especially for ND VO as I also opted for ND VO like you!! ::)

As far as Ecas is concerned, i think by default it goes to "In process" status so its not that accurate in reflecting your application status. You may send email to CIO asking about your application as it has been more than 90 days since your application reached them.

Although I hope we will get faster processing once our application reach NDVO since they placed all this scrutiny on our file at CIO. Hope for best!!

Thanks, Gaurav

SimK said:
Hi Gaurav!

I've applied under FSW with arranged employment as well and my file was received on May 01, 2013. Although my ECAS shows In process but I havent received any PER until now (exact same situation as yours). I've tried emailing CIO but no response.

Request you to share some information on how it work since you've been through the exact situation.

My CC got charged on May14 and no PER yet.

What do you suggest??
Thanks in advance.

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hey Sreenath,
Does you GCMS note indicate that your file has been received by CPP-O?
Thanks, Gaurav

p_sreenath said:
hi
I have requested for GCMS last month , I received AOR May 2013. My visa office is CPP-O. waiting for response,

p_sreenath

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
Peace Bridge
GauraV,
Still waiting, reason for requested for GCMS notes is that I received PCC from India. Based on my application status, I can send the PCC to CPP-O address and perhaps estimate timeframe on my application.

toor13

Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd march 2015
AOR Received.
14 April 2015
File Transfer...
30 April 2015
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
23 Feb 2016
Hi Guys!!

I am new to this blog.
I filed my application on Dec 20, 2012 and got the PER on Feb 12, sisce then my status on CIC website is "in process". It has been 8 months haven got any progress on my file. is that usuall? i am worried.

Please advise.