AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Bona64 said:
Welcome edmsept12 to the waiting list. We have a similar timeline :D
Hey Bona...still no medicals either? Guess that makes 3 of us...

What do your GCMS notes say?

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
ahm2307 said:
Hey Bona...still no medicals either? Guess that makes 3 of us...

What do your GCMS notes say?
Hey Ahm
They said I am recommended to pass the eligibility and they were in the process of my criminality. That was back in June though. I haven't applied for another set yet. How many have you applied for and received?

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Bona64 said:
Hey Ahm
They said I am recommended to pass the eligibility and they were in the process of my criminality. That was back in June though. I haven't applied for another set yet. How many have you applied for and received?
I applied for 3:

1) As on June 10th, my eligibility is recommend passed by JD01379 and criminality in Progress. Last change on file was May 25.

2) As of July 22, my file wasn't changed at all. Last change on file was May 25.

3) I'm expecting another set next week which will likely confirm further inactivity on my file. I've been contemplating consulting a lawyer because I can't seem to get any response out of CIC. I just want someone to tell me "we're working on it and haven't lost it in a pile somewhere". My aunt's application a few years ago was deemed "dormant"....it was later found that the case officer lost track of it...crazy that things like that actually happen and it's why I am so paranoid. She's still fighting a removal order. Court date is set for March 2014.

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)
edmsept12 said:
Hi, good to see there is some action here. You can add me to the list.

application received : 24-SEP-2012
Payment taken:
AOR received: 8-NOV-2012
Medicals Requested: N/A
Passport Request: N/A
Comments: NOC-2174
Added to the list

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
ahm2307 said:
I applied for 3:

1) As on June 10th, my eligibility is recommend passed by JD01379 and criminality in Progress. Last change on file was May 25.

2) As of July 22, my file wasn't changed at all. Last change on file was May 25.

3) I'm expecting another set next week which will likely confirm further inactivity on my file. I've been contemplating consulting a lawyer because I can't seem to get any response out of CIC. I just want someone to tell me "we're working on it and haven't lost it in a pile somewhere". My aunt's application a few years ago was deemed "dormant"....it was later found that the case officer lost track of it...crazy that things like that actually happen and it's why I am so paranoid. She's still fighting a removal order. Court date is set for March 2014.
Holy crap!! I feel so sorry for your aunt but that story really puts the rest of our problems in perspective. Well keep me/us posted on if there is any change on your next lot of notes and I will probably apply for a second lot when I get back to work from my days off. FIngers crossed my friends

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nebz said:
application received : sept. 14, 2012
payment taken. oct 5,2012
aor received : oct 25, 2012
medical received : aug 22, 2013
medicals done : sept 4, 2013
passport request: sept 10. 2013

done:) and i update my profile as well
Pretty quick...congrats...

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Bona64 said:
Holy crap!! I feel so sorry for your aunt but that story really puts the rest of our problems in perspective. Well keep me/us posted on if there is any change on your next lot of notes and I will probably apply for a second lot when I get back to work from my days off. FIngers crossed my friends
Will do. Keep me posted as well. Good luck.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ahm2307 said:
I applied for 3:

Yes. I completely agree with you regarding those kind of mishaps that are somewhat common at CIC. I posted a link to an article before and people started hating me for it(negative feedback scores rose overnight). But yes, there are 2 known and publicized incidents of CIC where - the officers literally trashed the applications (at CPC-Vegreville) and the other case happened in Ottawa where they left the box full of application in a room and totally forgot about it. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/they-are-only-humans-t163092.0.html;msg2531033#msg2531033)

Anyways, you should email CIC. Explicitly write that you are concerned about your application's progress and need to know what has delayed it. They will respond back. But always put the complete application detail at the bottom of your letter (name, application #, dob, pob and address).

All the best.

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
InfoSeeker12 said:
Yes. I completely agree with you regarding those kind of mishaps that are somewhat common at CIC. I posted a link to an article before and people started hating me for it(negative feedback scores rose overnight). But yes, there are 2 known and publicized incidents of CIC where - the officers literally trashed the applications (at CPC-Vegreville) and the other case happened in Ottawa where they left the box full of application in a room and totally forgot about it. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/they-are-only-humans-t163092.0.html;msg2531033#msg2531033)

Anyways, you should email CIC. Explicitly write that you are concerned about your application's progress and need to know what has delayed it. They will respond back. But always put the complete application detail at the bottom of your letter (name, application #, dob, pob and address).

All the best.
Wow that's terrifying...

I'll try emailing them one more time. Come November, I'll seek legal recourse to get through to them.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ahm2307 said:
Wow that's terrifying...

I'll try emailing them one more time. Come November, I'll seek legal recourse to get through to them.
Sometimes background check takes a while. I lived in a dozen place before coming to Canada. So i waited 3 months between medicals passed to background check completed stage.

In either case, I'd encourage you to get in touch with CIC. If they dont respond this week, send another message next week. Dont be rude at all, but show them you are concerned about your application.

All the best.

aanniee

May 17, 2013
I'm in a similar boat as many of you. CIC received my application on September 14, 2012, but I have not received MR or any updates since then. My GCMS notes were promising, but no movement from CIC since last year.

Taking InfoSeeker12 advice, I just emailed them to find out what's going on. It will be 12 months this Saturday! Trying to keep a positive perspective and not worry, but this waiting game is hard! :)

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
aanniee said:
I'm in a similar boat as many of you. CIC received my application on September 14, 2012, but I have not received MR or any updates since then. My GCMS notes were promising, but no movement from CIC since last year.

Taking InfoSeeker12 advice, I just emailed them to find out what's going on. It will be 12 months this Saturday! Trying to keep a positive perspective and not worry, but this waiting game is hard! :)
Hi AAnniee. Myself, octskapp, gihad and gg08 are all in the same position. Recommend passed by JD01379 and then blackout. So hopefully we're in the same queue.

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
From what i understand, its not about how clear your crminality is, how straight forward and promising your app is. but it's more about how lucky you are.

ZNMD

Oct 10, 2012
Guys,

I am waiting and waiting and waiting without a piece of positive news and suddenly seems the time has come to go back to my country of origin.
I am in Work Permit and my assignment with the organization here is about to end by this month. So, most likely I am moving back.

So, here is my concern, I am yet to receive my Medical Request and it's been a year and am close to get it (That's what I believe :) ). If I go back from Canada:

1> How to update the address for my application from Canada to my country? Is it possible to change online? What kind of doc is required?
2> What effect would it impose in my application? Would the application processing be delayed much further ? Would it have any other negative effect?
3> Or simply I would rather update the address to one of my friend's place staying in Canada? Would it help and in that case how to perform medical and other down the line processing steps?

All of your information is largely appreciated.

Thanks.