+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012 Applications

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Bona64 said:
Congrats Braveman :D

Hey everyone, so I just received my GCMS notes. It came 1 month and a day from my request date.

My eligibility assessment is Recommended Pass which I am stoked at!! It would appear that as of a month ago they were still in the process of my criminality check. And as I have not done up front medicals they are not started. But it was near the end of the notes where I had the most relief. They summarize your eligibility and comment on if your duties are sufficient with the NOC and you have worked enough hours for the 24 months. There were no "red flags" so to speak and I now just hope that a senior officer doesn't find any problems or maybe they won't even bother bumping it up to a senior officer. Come on medical request!!
great ...

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Bona64 said:
Congrats Braveman :D

Hey everyone, so I just received my GCMS notes. It came 1 month and a day from my request date.

My eligibility assessment is Recommended Pass which I am stoked at!! It would appear that as of a month ago they were still in the process of my criminality check. And as I have not done up front medicals they are not started. But it was near the end of the notes where I had the most relief. They summarize your eligibility and comment on if your duties are sufficient with the NOC and you have worked enough hours for the 24 months. There were no "red flags" so to speak and I now just hope that a senior officer doesn't find any problems or maybe they won't even bother bumping it up to a senior officer. Come on medical request!!
Same.

I am Arab though, so you never know what they might want to dig up against me come Criminality and Security checks. Either way, congrats and best of luck to all of us!

member06

Sep 11, 2011
Hi all,

I have got the GCMS notes today. There is an issue in it. The sentences seems problematic to me are like that:

"... Appears to have accrued 24 month Canadian skilled work experience. EA (employment authorization) granted 2010/08/21 however employment letter states applicant began working on 2010/08/18. Review recommended... "

I think the problem arises because my landing date is 3 days later than the starting date of the my employment on the contract. I got the work permit on the border with the date of my landing. It seems that the officer prepared my employment letter in company that I work wrote the date on the my contract and I did not realize this.

What do you suggest? Do you think that I should send a new employment letter with the correct and updated dates; and send it to CIC office? If so where should I send it? Is email accepted?

Thanks a lot...

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
member06 said:
Hi all,

I have got the GCMS notes today. There is an issue in it. The sentences seems problematic to me are like that:

"... Appears to have accrued 24 month Canadian skilled work experience. EA (employment authorization) granted 2010/08/21 however employment letter states applicant began working on 2010/08/18. Review recommended... "

I think the problem arises because my landing date is 3 days later than the starting date of the my employment on the contract. I got the work permit on the border with the date of my landing. It seems that the officer prepared my employment letter in company that I work wrote the date on the my contract and I did not realize this.

What do you suggest? Do you think that I should send a new employment letter with the correct and updated dates; and send it to CIC office? If so where should I send it? Is email accepted?

Thanks a lot...
Hi Member06,

Any discrepancy will raise their concern and they will follow the procedure to confirm. Perhaps they might call your employer to verify this issue. Or they might already have checked with them...can you check with the person who issued your employer letter - if anyone called him or emailed from CIC about you.

Secondly - if its possible and not a great deal of hassle, you may ask your HR to issue a clarification letter as to why this discrepancy happened. You may want to send your HR copy of the FOSS notes, so they would be clear in how to respond to CIC so that the officer is 100% clear about your landing and start dates.

But I think....again just my thought....CIC might have already contacted your employer.

All the best.

member06

Sep 11, 2011
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Member06,

Any discrepancy will raise their concern and they will follow the procedure to confirm. Perhaps they might call your employer to verify this issue. Or they might already have checked with them...can you check with the person who issued your employer letter - if anyone called him or emailed from CIC about you.

Secondly - if its possible and not a great deal of hassle, you may ask your HR to issue a clarification letter as to why this discrepancy happened. You may want to send your HR copy of the FOSS notes, so they would be clear in how to respond to CIC so that the officer is 100% clear about your landing and start dates.

But I think....again just my thought....CIC might have already contacted your employer.

All the best.
Thank you for your reply. I will ask to HR office...

yan_yy

Jul 29, 2013
Does any one know how long it's going to take for CPP mail back passport with VISA after PPR?
I booked air ticket and planned to land at the end of Sept... hopefully I can get my passport before the deadline 8)

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
ConfuseApplicant said:
Just noticed... processing time is 12 months (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp). I guess it was 13 months before.
Thanks for posting this - it's kind of ironic that they say processing times have dropped (they've been at 13 months since December at least) during the strike.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConfuseApplicant said:
Just noticed... processing time is 12 months (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp). I guess it was 13 months before.

This is totally strange.....

I was assuming the processing time would change around 14-16 months with the strike.

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
It won't look strange if you read the timeframe for this assessment-
"The processing times for the Canadian Experience Class and Live-in Caregiver Class are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013."

Most likely, the long delays due to this strike were not in picture by June 30 cutoff date.

honeysingh said:
This is totally strange.....

I was assuming the processing time would change around 14-16 months with the strike.

Bona64

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
I think the way they can get around the whole 12 months processing time is as long as they have the ALERT explaining there is currently a strike and to expect delays they technically are correct. As a strike can end any time meaning that the processing times will go back to the allocated time. So in theory they are correct however we all know once the strike is over there will no doubt be a backlog so unless they are going to work over time then you will probably see the next calculation of processing times be much more. Well that's what I think anyway ;)

Lovenpeace

Sep 24, 2012
Hello friends

I have received my GCMS notes this morning. I have figured out that my work experience has some issues.

I have worked two jobs at the same time one being a full time Job and another being a part time job, so the GCMS notes say that work experience OVERLAPS the other and REVIEW RECOMMENDED. Does any one has any idea what this means now in terms of my application approval?..

The second thing I have noticed is my education duration being questioned, It's says I have obtained 2 years ontario college diploma, but my transcripts show 3 semesters and the college website states the program as 2 years, but in this case I think the officer has missed observing the co-op work semester on my transcript.

So any idea how do I prove them that I did a two years program n I had co-op work for a semester, I had done a 4 semester program which was a co-op program.

Urgent help required. I am also thinking of considering a lawyer at this situation. Any suggestion for good immigration lawyer who deals with CEC in Edmonton or Calgary area.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Love n Light _/\_

Lovenpeace

Sep 24, 2012
Can some one guide me how to update more information to the immigration officer.. I would like to send some documents to support my claim for 2years full time study with 4 semesters.

Any one has a link of cic website that tells how to update information.