06-11-2012
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-2013
LANDED..........
05-01-2013
Thank you everyone,
My husband received his passport today...I don't know when we will be leaving since we didn't expect our passport to be return this fast as we are living in south end of India and the VO is in the north. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
Ok, guys...
I think this is good since they also ask for my passport, but...8-/

We are already on gathering up all they ask for, but any suggestions and advice from those who have gone through it or can help is appreciated!!!

I have determined that you may be a person who is found to be inadmissible to Canada by virtue of the fact that you appear to be unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, specifically section 39 of the Act, which states that:

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit any documentation and information addressing the issue of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in place for yourself and your dependents (if applicable) in Canada. This may include but is not limited to paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent notice of assessment (NOA) for both you and your sponsor.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within sixty (60) days. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below. You must also include a copy of your passport with the information/documents you provide. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I hope to hear from you within sixty (60) days. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
well I am not sure why they are saying that about the financial support. Does your spouse not work in Canada? I think a good thing to tell them maybe what you type of work you plan on getting when you reach Canada...what your skills are etc......

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
She's living with her parents and working part-time because she has a three-year-old (my stepson). I've stayed in the US working full-time.
We're going to get a place once we know I have COPR, so I guess they're making sure we have a plan at all?
They approved her as my sponsor, so I find this odd. A formality maybe?

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
spacedog30 said:
She's living with her parents and working part-time because she has a three-year-old (my stepson). I've stayed in the US working full-time.
We're going to get a place once we know I have COPR, so I guess they're making sure we have a plan at all?
They approved her as my sponsor, so I find this odd. A formality maybe?
I find this very odd. If they approved her as a sponsor, that should be the end of it. Even if the VO thinks she might not be able to support all three of you, that is normally not a concern in the family class.

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
frankinto and chickie, I agree. We're going to bombard them with proof we're not indigent.
If there is no financial requirement for sponsorship, and she's a Canadian citizen living and working in Canada, approved already as my sponsor, I think this officer is just kind of being a butthead.

We plan to send letters from her family and friends stating we can live with any of them if necessary, proof of job offers, pay stubs from her current job, and all our tax and bank info. We may collect more letters from others just as a testament to our intent to live and work there.

UGH.

I also am confused about why they want the passport copy..lol.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Yep just give them everything you can.....too much can never be enough! I think they just want some proof and if you give that to them they should be good!

spazzybon

Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPT 11/2012
AOR Received.
SEPT/17/2012
File Transfer...
OCT 22/ 2012
Passport Req..
NOV/14/2012
wife got visa new delhi......horay....

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
spazzybon said:
congrats! good job to the people working at new delhi office! :D

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
spacedog30 said:
Ok, guys...
I think this is good since they also ask for my passport, but...8-/

We are already on gathering up all they ask for, but any suggestions and advice from those who have gone through it or can help is appreciated!!!

I have determined that you may be a person who is found to be inadmissible to Canada by virtue of the fact that you appear to be unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, specifically section 39 of the Act, which states that:

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit any documentation and information addressing the issue of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in place for yourself and your dependents (if applicable) in Canada. This may include but is not limited to paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent notice of assessment (NOA) for both you and your sponsor.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within sixty (60) days. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-Ottawa at the address indicated below. You must also include a copy of your passport with the information/documents you provide. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I hope to hear from you within sixty (60) days. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
That request could be answered by addressing the applicant's situation as well, not only the sponsors...

ENF 2. Evaluating Inadmissibility (CIC Manual)

Financial reasons
CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to financial inadmissibility [A39].
A39 describes people who are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any
person who is dependent on them for care and support. If the person satisfies an officer
that adequate arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in
place, then they do not fall within this inadmissibility provision.

So the typical question is:

Are there funds available for the person‘s trip (to cover the cost of such things as
food, accommodation, transportation)? An officer should determine how the person
plans to pay their expenses to be sure they are not inadmissible for financial reasons
[A39]

I would start by identifying your start up costs to immigrating (savings you may have); then moving on to explain how employable you are (school, degrees, job experience, etc). Finally I would include the support from your sponsor (where you guys will live, her income and savings, if any).

It seems that CIC Officers usually will used A39 when they have these types of evidence:

Obtaining evidence for A39
The officer may obtain evidence for A39 by collecting:
• statutory declaration supported by evidence of statements made to an officer including
evidence of the person’s current financial situation; the likelihood that they will have access to
funds; and what arrangements, if any, have been made for their care and support. This
evidence may consist of bank statements, bank books, letters from employers, pay cheque
stubs and testimony from friends or relatives;
• documentary evidence of an individual’s dependence on social assistance or failure to provide
for him/herself and/or any dependants. This evidence may consist of letters from the social
services authorities (indicating that the individual is in receipt of social assistance), benefit
payment cheque stubs, cancelled receipts, etc.;

Has your canadian spouse been on social assistance of any kind? If her income is too small, you may be able to overcome this by proving that you either or both have funds and are employable, so you will not depend on social assitance.

Although there is no minimum income to become a sponsor, an applicant may be refused for reasons related to financial situation.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
So I'm my husband's sponsor, and I live in my mum's basement apartment, and that's where we'll live until he establishes himself and we get him settled. Is there a chance that this may not be good enough for them? We don't have children or anything, it's just us.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
brightredscream said:
So I'm my husband's sponsor, and I live in my mum's basement apartment, and that's where we'll live until he establishes himself and we get him settled. Is there a chance that this may not be good enough for them? We don't have children or anything, it's just us.
There's no minimum financial requirement to sponsor a spouse, but you need to show that you are able to support him for the three years of sponsorship. that could include letters from your family saying that they are willing to help until you're both settled financially. I don't think they care where you live!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Rosey_L said:
congrats! good job to the people working at new delhi office! :D
. Indeed..they are working really fast! And Congratulations to all who got DM!

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
spazzybon said:
Wow lucky you! Congrats!

laghmani

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27/2012
Doc's Request.
Sent voluntarily on Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Apr26/2012
File Transfer...
Apr26/2012
Med's Done....
June 23/2013
Interview........
Inshallah No
Passport Req..
June 20/2013 And Decision Made on Jan 15/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2014 allah thank you so much
LANDED..........
February 21/2014
Asalaam malikum,

I am also sponsoring from afghanistan, waiting for the good news inshallah to be with my wife.

Thanks,