15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
cempjwi said:
That request could be answered by addressing the applicant's situation as well, not only the sponsors...

39. A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

ENF 2. Evaluating Inadmissibility (CIC Manual)

Financial reasons
CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to financial inadmissibility [A39].
A39 describes people who are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any
person who is dependent on them for care and support. If the person satisfies an officer
that adequate arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) are in
place, then they do not fall within this inadmissibility provision.

So the typical question is:

Are there funds available for the person‘s trip (to cover the cost of such things as
food, accommodation, transportation)? An officer should determine how the person
plans to pay their expenses to be sure they are not inadmissible for financial reasons
[A39]

I would start by identifying your start up costs to immigrating (savings you may have); then moving on to explain how employable you are (school, degrees, job experience, etc). Finally I would include the support from your sponsor (where you guys will live, her income and savings, if any).

It seems that CIC Officers usually will used A39 when they have these types of evidence:

Obtaining evidence for A39
The officer may obtain evidence for A39 by collecting:
• statutory declaration supported by evidence of statements made to an officer including
evidence of the person's current financial situation; the likelihood that they will have access to
funds; and what arrangements, if any, have been made for their care and support. This
evidence may consist of bank statements, bank books, letters from employers, pay cheque
stubs and testimony from friends or relatives;
• documentary evidence of an individual's dependence on social assistance or failure to provide
for him/herself and/or any dependants. This evidence may consist of letters from the social
services authorities (indicating that the individual is in receipt of social assistance), benefit
payment cheque stubs, cancelled receipts, etc.;

Has your canadian spouse been on social assistance of any kind? If her income is too small, you may be able to overcome this by proving that you either or both have funds and are employable, so you will not depend on social assitance.

Although there is no minimum income to become a sponsor, an applicant may be refused for reasons related to financial situation.
Thank you. We've figured out what we need to do. She has had no social assiatance, and will have full-time hours in May. I have a job offer already, and she has another job offer. We have some savings, I have a degree and have held the same job for 10 years. We can stay with her parents if necessary.

I think all of that, plus laying out my plans for moving and continuing to save until I do, should be sufficient. My family are also willing to help if necessary (from the US), and we'll have letters stating that, along with letters about the jobs and staying with her parents.

If that isn't good enough, I don't know what would be.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Just heard from London VO requesting more info for IMM5669 Schedule A- Personal History. They need to correct the wording on this form or re-train their staff to follow the instructions as they are writtent on the form: "past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever is most recent". It's not rocket science, and it shouldn't be causing delays but it is.

Anyone know how long of a delay this might cause? The standard email we received says up to 4 months but I'd like to think it's not that long.

App filed: Sept 17
Sponsorship approval: Oct. 22
GCMS notes provided: March 1 (precisely 30 days from request)
Request for further informatiom: March 4

Thanks

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
We got our PPR yesterday, along with a request for proof that I (sponsor) intend to reside in Canada (which I sent with the application), CSQs (which Quebec claims to send to CIC), and passport photos (which we already sent the first time, but either they lost them or didn't like them). It's nothing we can't provide, but sort of annoying!

spacedog30

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
IvanP said:
We got our PPR yesterday, along with a request for proof that I (sponsor) intend to reside in Canada (which I sent with the application), CSQs (which Quebec claims to send to CIC), and passport photos (which we already sent the first time, but either they lost them or didn't like them). It's nothing we can't provide, but sort of annoying!
Very annoying!! And stressful.

But congrats! :)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
spacedog30 said:
Very annoying!! And stressful.

But congrats! :)
Not all that stressful - I just had a job interview in Montreal yesterday (the same day we got the PPR), and we've got emails with a potential buyer for our house in the US, and the emails indicate to the buyers that we're planning to sell the house when we move to Canada, so my intent to move there should be pretty easy to demonstrate, and I'm really not worried. Most emails are dated prior to the PPR email we got yesterday (so not written in response to the request), and span several months.

So, really just annoyed! 8)

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
Not all that stressful - I just had a job interview in Montreal yesterday (the same day we got the PPR), and we've got emails with a potential buyer for our house in the US, and the emails indicate to the buyers that we're planning to sell the house when we move to Canada, so my intent to move there should be pretty easy to demonstrate, and I'm really not worried. Most emails are dated prior to the PPR email we got yesterday (so not written in response to the request), and span several months.

So, really just annoyed! 8)
I'm still confused about the passport pics they requested. Are they US passport size? Canadian passport pics or Canadian immigration pics? ???
What will you send? I'm just trying to get things ready here in case I happen to get an email (I doubt it).

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lunas said:
I'm still confused about the passport pics they requested. Are they US passport size? Canadian passport pics or Canadian immigration pics? ???
What will you send? I'm just trying to get things ready here in case I happen to get an email (I doubt it).
The letter my wife received said: "Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)"

It's worth noting, of course, that IMM 3999 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp) doesn't say anything about photograph specifications, and IMM 3910 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf), where US-specific Appendix B is located, specifies immigration photos are not the same as passport photos. And, of course, we already sent them immigration photos along with the original application.

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
IvanP said:
The letter my wife received said: "Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)"

It's worth noting, of course, that IMM 3999 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp) doesn't say anything about photograph specifications, and IMM 3900 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf), where Appendix B is located, specifies immigration photos are not the same as passport photos. And, of course, we already sent them immigration photos along with the original application.
Thank you for sharing. I'm annoyed they are asking for more pics from most of the applicants and I'm sure they'll ask for mine too again. I have almost bent over backwards to get everything they requested. But if I get an email next month, I will have them as I'll go to Canada in a couple of weeks and I'll get them done cheap.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
lunas said:
Thank you for sharing. I'm annoyed they are asking for more pics from most of the applicants and I'm sure they'll ask for mine too again. I have almost bent over backwards to get everything they requested. But if I get an email next month, I will have them as I'll go to Canada in a couple of weeks and I'll get them done cheap.
It is annoying, and quite a bit more expensive, of course, because we can't just email the passport copies - we've got to get 4 photos for 3 people, and then send all of it by courier if we want it to get there any time soon.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
So I just looked at the LA office processing times again.

It went from 10 months to 13, and now it's at 16! That's just crazy. I would of applied inland!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Hey there...as anyone got an email after enquiring about an application saying:Your file is currently under review with an Immigration Officer. We will be in contact as soon as there have been further developments with the processing of your file.
I am not in process on ecas..but can it still mean that they are looking at my application?

nabisd

Mar 8, 2013
Hi All-

I recently just found this site over the weekend. There is so much info available on this site. I am American and being sponsored by my Canadian citizen husband of 7 wonderful years. Here is my timeline:

Medically done on: 7/6/2012
App sent: 9/19/2012
App received: 9/21/2012
Sponsorship appr: 10/26/2012
Medical received: 3/2/2013
PPR: 3/2/2013
PPR scanned and emailed: 3/4/2013
Ecas update: decision made-3/7/2013

So.. That is my timeline. Hopefully I will get some good news in the mail soon. I am being proceeded by the Ottawa VO. Looking forward to continuing to share this experience with you all. I wish I would have found this site in the beginning of the process; nice to know there are others going through this process with me.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
IvanP said:
We got our PPR yesterday, along with a request for CIC), and passport photos (which we already sent the first time, but either they lost them or didn't like them). It's nothing we can't provide, but sort of annoying!
I'm also being asked to send in my CSQ, which shocked me since I was told Quebec was going to transmit it, but whatever..

They also asked me to send the Right of Permanent Residency Fee and a copy of my passport. I'm assuming this is PPR?

Ryathe

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
24-08-2012
Passport Req..
3-1-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-1-2013
LANDED..........
23-1-2013
nabisd said:
Hi All-

I recently just found this site over the weekend. There is so much info available on this site. I am American and being sponsored by my Canadian citizen husband of 7 wonderful years. Here is my timeline:

Medically done on: 7/6/2012
App sent: 9/19/2012
App received: 9/21/2012
Sponsorship appr: 10/26/2012
Medical received: 3/2/2013
PPR: 3/2/2013
PPR scanned and emailed: 3/4/2013
Ecas update: decision made-3/7/2013

So.. That is my timeline. Hopefully I will get some good news in the mail soon. I am being proceeded by the Ottawa VO. Looking forward to continuing to share this experience with you all. I wish I would have found this site in the beginning of the process; nice to know there are others going through this process with me.
Welcome nabisd :)
I've updated the spreadsheet for you and I hope soon I will be able to do it again. ;) Good luck!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Hnhkrk said:
I'm also being asked to send in my CSQ, which shocked me since I was told Quebec was going to transmit it, but whatever..

They also asked me to send the Right of Permanent Residency Fee and a copy of my passport. I'm assuming this is PPR?
Yup, congrats!