LANDED..........
22-01-2012
sivathegreat said:
Sponsorship Approved on Nov-30th
ECAS Enabled on December 5th - Showed
Sponsor = In Process , PR = Application Received, Medical Received

Tonight It says (9 - Nov)
Sponsor = Decision Made
means ECAS updated after 10 days of approval?

But when Sponsor in process if clicked inside it already said "We sent you a letter on November 30, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

But outside it was still showing "In Process"

Maybe they competed some process today part of the Sponsorship process
that is why "In Process" changed to "Decision Made"
Mine says exactly the same. When I click on "in process" next to it, it says that my application was received Sept 22. So I guess it might not update after arrival at the outland VO, or perhaps update later. No worries, I think your ecas is fine!

And... Congratulations Dr. Siva! ;D

krista2011

Oct 20, 2011
So just so y'all know. I called CIC this morning and our file was opened Wednesday and an approval e-mail was sent yesterday morning and our file was transferred yesterday afternoon. Best news I've heard in the past 75 days. Happy Friday :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krista2011 said:
So just so y'all know. I called CIC this morning and our file was opened Wednesday and an approval e-mail was sent yesterday morning and our file was transferred yesterday afternoon. Best news I've heard in the past 75 days. Happy Friday :)
Go Krista Go Krista :p

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
krista2011 said:
Congratulations on the approval.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
krista2011 said:
Congrats krista2011, I updated the spreadsheet! What a great way to start the weekend eh?

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
Good Day Septembrians!

I got my Quebec approval on December 7th. They processed it in two weeks, which is quite impressive! Now this approval is sent by them to VO. I just wish the federal portion moved as fast.

Good luck to us all and happy Monday!

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Hey every one...

Mine said Sponsorship " Decision Made" and for PR status it says " Application Received" ...It doesn't say IN PROCESS or Medical Results received...Is that normal?? They received the PR app. at VO on Nov 24?!?!

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
Tina85 said:
Hey every one...

Mine said Sponsorship " Decision Made" and for PR status it says " Application Received" ...It doesn't say IN PROCESS or Medical Results received...Is that normal?? They received the PR app. at VO on Nov 24?!?!
I've read over and over that unfortunately e-cas is not the most reliable source of information. They don't always update it as they should. My application was approved on November 17th, and it shows the exact same information.

How do you know that the VO received your application? did you receive an AOR?

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
ccbrasil said:
I've read over and over that unfortunately e-cas is not the most reliable source of information. They don't always update it as they should. My application was approved on November 17th, and it shows the exact same information.

How do you know that the VO received your application? did you receive an AOR?
Are we supposed to receive the AOR always?? no I didnt? I thought they send it to VO right away? OMG how do we find that out

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
Tina85 said:
Are we supposed to receive the AOR always?? no I didnt? I thought they send it to VO right away? OMG how do we find that out
They send the application to the appropriate VO after the sponsorship is approved, but how long it takes to get there is unknown... someone earlier said that they had talked to an CIC call centre agent and they said that someone personally travels to the VO to deliver the applications, but I don't recall how often, but I would imagine they dont sit on applications, as it doesnt help move the system along.

As far as I understand, the VO is supposed to send you an AOR once they start working on your application, but again not everyone seems to get it, and the time frame is different for each VO. Some people got an AOR after they had been issued a visa, others got an AOR 3 or 4 months after being approved as a sponsor. I guess #1 each case is different and #2 each VO is different.

I guess the best thing is to email your Visa Office and ask if they have received your file.

I have not received any communication from my VO either, and I have not seen any updates in e-cas... I am just trying to remain calm, and wait it out until after the holidays... then I will probably email them to ensure they have received the application.

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
ccbrasil said:
They send the application to the appropriate VO after the sponsorship is approved, but how long it takes to get there is unknown... someone earlier said that they had talked to an CIC call centre agent and they said that someone personally travels to the VO to deliver the applications, but I don't recall how often, but I would imagine they dont sit on applications, as it doesnt help move the system along.

As far as I understand, the VO is supposed to send you an AOR once they start working on your application, but again not everyone seems to get it, and the time frame is different for each VO. Some people got an AOR after they had been issued a visa, others got an AOR 3 or 4 months after being approved as a sponsor. I guess #1 each case is different and #2 each VO is different.

I guess the best thing is to email your Visa Office and ask if they have received your file.

I have not received any communication from my VO either, and I have not seen any updates in e-cas... I am just trying to remain calm, and wait it out until after the holidays... then I will probably email them to ensure they have received the application.
I agree with ccbrasil. I was the one who called CIC call center and they said they take applications personallyto each VO office. I tried to get more information by asking how often they do travel with applications or if they wait until they could accumulate a handful before travelling. The call center agent said that they don't keep already approved applications (sponsorship approval) for long and that they always have enough applications for each VO so that a diplomat can travel regularly (he never answered the question: how often the diplomats travel to each VO). I also read in this forum that someone called and the CIC call center agent told that person that an electronic version of the file is scanned and sent to the VO office the same day and then the file itself is sent later (in the process mentioned above). My sponsorship has been approved on Nov 28 and my ecas just says "in process" and "application received" since Dec 2. I would suggest to please take it easy as ecas is not always updated on a regular basis and also the whole process is not the same for everyone.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
krista2011 said:
Congrats Krista..I'm still waiting but keeping the faith

mmg777

Star Member
May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
01-26-2012 / 2-29-2012 passport submitted
Hello guys I called cic this morning and agent told me they the letter on dec 6, hope I recieved it today.

shinigami

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

Im new here and im glad i found this very helpful forum. :) Im also waiting feedback from the embassy-manila kc my husband received a letter stating that he's eligible as a sponsor last Nov 28 and mentioned there that my docs have been forwarded to the phils for further processing. how long does it takes kaya bago mka received ng letter nmn from the embassy-manila? Thank you :)

Here's my timeline:

Sep 19 - sent to CIC
Sep 22 - received application
Nov 28 - letter received (approved as sponsor)/FT