+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

september 2011 applicants please join this thread.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with David Cohen have done the Academic IELTS. Can I use these to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?Unfortunately, Academic IELTS will not be accepted for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. All applicants are required to provide results of the General IELTS, regardless whether English is their native language or not. It is important to note that your IELTS results must be included in your application when you submit to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia or your application will be returned.

If you have not taken the IELTS yet or need to improve your scores, Canadavisa.com offers free IELTS practice tests to improve your English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with David Cohen
Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, will my points be calculated on the total number of years for my work experience or only for the years of work I did for the occupation (NOC) I am applying under?Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you will be awarded points for any work experience regardless of the occupation as long as:

• the work experience did not occur more than 10 years before the date you submitted your application;

• the work experience can be classified as Managerial, Skill Level A, or Skill Level B under the NOC system; and

• you were paid for the work

You can only get a maximum of 21 points for work experience.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with David CohenFor the Federal Skilled Worker Program, are first-degree cousins considered as relatives and can be awarded points?No points are awarded for cousins in the Adaptability Factor in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. To get points for having a relative living in Canada, the relative must be related to either the principal applicant or the spouse/common law partner. Only the following family members who are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents living in Canada will give you points: mother or father, daughter or son, sister or brother, niece or nephew, grandmother or grandfather, granddaughter or grandson, biological aunt or uncle (brother or sister of a parent), or spouse/common-law partner.

It is important to note that you may only claim points for one relative, not for multiple relatives.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
i was deported from Canada in June 2003 after over staying two months. I was detained for two weeks in an immigration detention centre. Is it considered a criminal offense? Will I be allowed back into Canada?The fact that a person overstayed on a visitor visa in of itself is not a criminal offence in the Canadian criminal code. However, having been detained and officially deported means you were found to be in violation of a federal statute (IRPA) and therefore this may make you inadmissible to Canada. Furthermore, you may require an authorization to return to Canada, and potentially an application for criminal rehabilitation depending upon the specific circumstances of your removal from Canada.

ganra10

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
6-Jan-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
03-Feb-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
farrukh ahmad said:
Canadian Immigration Questions and Answers with David Cohenhave work experience in my profession, but my school degree has no relevance to my work experience. Do I need to have work experience that is relevant to my degree to apply for Canadian immigration?In general, your work experience does not have to be related to your education in order to apply for Canadian immigration. Both the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Quebec Skilled Worker Program will award points for your work experience regardless of whether it is related to your area of study/training or not.

Please note, however, that the Quebec Skilled Worker Program also awards points for Education or Training that is related to in-demand occupations in Quebec. If your degree or certificate is more than five years old, these Area of Training points will only be awarded if you have at least one year of related work experience during the previous five years.

Thank you farrukh , this post solved my most crunching issue in my mind, now I am relaxed... +1 bro...

nikhil_miral

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx farrukh for such a great informations...

christinehugz

Nov 2, 2011
I have sent my application under NOC 3152 Registered Nurses which was received on the 23rd of Sep 2011 at HALIFAX, NS - SYDNEY NOVA SCOTIA - CANADA. Could anyone please tell me when can I receive my FILE No or RECIEPT No? How much time does it generally take to get the 1st response from CIC ? i dont even know if i got included in 500 slots for nurses :((( Prayers'

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
farrukh ahmad said:
Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, will my points be calculated on the total number of years for my work experience or only for the years of work I did for the occupation (NOC) I am applying under?Under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you will be awarded points for any work experience regardless of the occupation as long as:

• the work experience did not occur more than 10 years before the date you submitted your application;

• the work experience can be classified as Managerial, Skill Level A, or Skill Level B under the NOC system; and

• you were paid for the work

You can only get a maximum of 21 points for work experience.
well actually worked at a crew trainer in macd at london from 18.10.2008 to 28.05 .2010 { 1.6 yrs}. can i get point for this work experience.
well at present working as pharmacist at a retail store 1.06.2010 to till date.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
Federal Skilled Worker Class
PhD Student in Canada to be able to apply for Permanent Residence!
CIC News Release; 02.11.11
"Starting November 5, 2011, many international PhD students will be eligible to submit applications for processing as federal skilled workers.

To be eligible, they must have completed at least two years of study toward the attainment of a PhD and remain in good academic standing at a provincially recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada.

Those who have recently graduated from a Canadian PhD program will also be eligible to apply, provided they do so within 12 months of their graduation."

Full News Release Here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2011/2011-

vnreddy12

Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent along with application
HI

MY APPLICATION REACHED ON 03/11/2011,RECEIVED BY GLEN
NOC 3131

will I be in the cap limit?pls let me know if my file doesnt fall under cap will they send my file back within a month?

thanks vinay

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
CIC showing number of applications received per NOC is only the ruff estimate of the received applications. This is cleared from its statement as given below
*The number of complete Federal Skilled Worker applications received as of October 31, 2011 is approximate.
**Once the cap has been reached, we can only accept applications for this occupation from people with an existing offer of arranged employment.
NOTE: Because application intake fluctuates, these figures are meant as a guide only. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap.

farrukh ahmad

Aug 2, 2011
LANDED..........
March 2014
good news for the september applicants that CIC is working on 10th Auggust applicants,speed of CIC is now increased.

Sajeels

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrukh ahmad said:
good news for the september applicants that CIC is working on 10th Auggust applicants,speed of CIC is now increased.
Intact its 8th august...correction by kinjal....