+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPT 2020 **FOR NEWBIES** Sponsoring Your Spouse, Partner or Dependent Child

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Reactions: Korion

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I hope so! My spouse is American. Sadly, based on other threads I’ve noticed covid has delayed the timeline significantly....
Realistically speaking, thanks to Covid, regardless of what country you come from you’re likely in for a long wait. They have only just started processing March 2020 applications so it’ll be a few months before you even receive an AOR1.

From there it will depend on what visa office the file goes to and whether a) that office is even open and b) what capacity they’re working at. I don’t think anyone should be looking to receive a COPR in under at least six months or more regardless of country. Six months even seems like a stretch right now. Better to be prepared for the long haul than end up disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

Reactions: CanadianCatLady

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hello,

It's been a minute since I've been on this forum.
Anyways, I just wanted to provide a quick update/timeline on my situation, before I transfer over to the "Jan '21 outland spousal sponsorship" thread.

- Dec 31 : officially got married (both parties physically present)
- Jan 24 : sent application package via Canada Post to Case Processing Centre, Sydney, NS
- Jan 28 : application received by CIC
- Mar 4 : PA (my spouse) rec'd a letter re: application for PR to submit BF (that's my fault lol)
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) submitted payment, and sent payment receipt via IRCC Webform
- Mar 5: Sponsor (me) received a confirmation email that application was rec'd on Jan 28
- Mar 6: Sponsor (me) successfully linked application to PA's (spouse) account
- Mar 8: Sponsor (me) received email from stating that I've met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor, and that PA's application for PR will be forwarded VO for further Processing.

For more updates, you can probably find me in Jan '21 outland sponsorship thread.

All the best!!
xx

Reactions: armoured