+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept. 2020 entry: Upfront medical, AIP received, Biometrics done, One semester completed, Still waiting for approval

student1997

Dec 12, 2019
Dear fellow students,

I am posting this thread for one of my friend.
The timeline for the applicant's study permit application is as follows:
  • 02 June 2020: Upfront medical done and e-medical receipt received.
  • 05 August 2020: Applied for Study permit (Online from India). It is a SDS entry as one year's fees and $10000 GIC was paid as well.
  • 07 August 2020: Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) received in GC account.
  • 25 August 2020: Webform raised to upload an additional financial document (scholarship letter from institution).
  • 31 August 2020: IRCC replied and confirmed the reception of the document.
  • 22 Sept. 2020: Approval in Principal (AIP) letter received in GC account.
  • 6 Nov. 2020: Webform raised regarding the validity of BIL, as it expired on 5th Nov. 2020.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC replied and informed that expired BIL is still good and no need for new BIL.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC (Delhi High commission) sent an email informing about scheduling the biometrics appointment starting from upcoming week.
  • 24 Nov. 2020: Biometrics appointment confirmed for 26th Nov. 2020 at VAC Chandigarh, another email same day saying that appointment has been rescheduled to 27th Nov. 2020. Rescheduling was automatic and was not at our request.
  • 27 Nov. 2020: Biometrics completed. Appeared on GC account the very next day.
  • 21 Dec. 2020: Webform raised from GC account to report a technical issue regarding medical not updated. (Did this after reading certain posts online which stated that medical needs to be updated on GC account for completion of application and approval)
  • 22 Dec. 2020; Another webform raised (in panic, as the holidays were approaching) regarding status update, explained the situation, that first semester is complete and we are still waiting for the visa to travel.
  • No reply yet to the technical issue webform and the last web-form regarding status update.
Further: The institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 plan and isolation facility.

Its 11 January today and we are still waiting.
Any insights, similar scenarios and/or advice will be highly appreciated.
I will update the thread if there is any update from our side.

Regards,
Student1997

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
I'm in the exact same situation pal, as are so many of our fellow students.

Applied June 16th, AIP on Sept 16. Bio done and updated on 23rd Dec.

Waiting for a decision as my second semester is about to begin on the 18th.

All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I'm in the exact same situation pal, as are so many of our fellow students.

Applied June 16th, AIP on Sept 16. Bio done and updated on 23rd Dec.

Waiting for a decision as my second semester is about to begin on the 18th.

All we can do is wait and hope for the best.
Did you get any reply. I also got my biometric updated on 30th Dec. No reply yet biometric and medical completed with AIP. Second semester studies also started.

Reactions: student1997

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Dear fellow students,

• 05 August 2020: Applied for Study permit (Online from India). It is a SDS entry as one year's fees and $10000 GIC was paid as well.
  • 25 August 2020: Webform raised to upload an additional financial document (scholarship letter from institution).
  • 6 Nov. 2020: Webform raised regarding the validity of BIL, as it expired on 5th Nov. 2020.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC replied and informed that expired BIL is still good and no need for new BIL.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC (Delhi High commission) sent an email informing about scheduling the biometrics appointment starting from upcoming week.
  • 24 Nov. 2020: Biometrics appointment confirmed for 26th Nov. 2020 at VAC Chandigarh, another email same day saying that appointment has been rescheduled to 27th Nov. 2020. Rescheduling was automatic and was not at our request.
  • 21 Dec. 2020: Webform raised from GC account to report a technical issue regarding medical not updated. (Did this after reading certain posts online which stated that medical needs to be updated on GC account for completion of application and approval)
  • 22 Dec. 2020; Another webform raised (in panic, as the holidays were approaching) regarding status update, explained the situation, that first semester is complete and we are still waiting for the visa to travel.
  • No reply yet to the technical issue webform and the last web-form regarding status update.
Further: The institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 plan and isolation facility.

Regards,
Student1997
They're just milking us for the money.

Reactions: student1997

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Dear fellow students,

Regards,
Student1997
My timeline's close to yours. ans still haven't gotten my medical's updated. Had to defer my intake. Again!
Loosing my patience every day tbh.

Reactions: shanky1202

student1997

Dec 12, 2019
Hey! Did your friends eligibility roll back to we will message you when we start reviewing your eligibility? I applied 3rd august and got AIP same day (22nd Sept) biometrics completed. But still no medical update or PPR
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is still at the following stage:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: November 27, 2020 Completed.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We are not sure if it rolled back. I think it was always at this stage. Only the biometrics got updated. Any insights on this?

student1997

Dec 12, 2019
My timeline's close to yours. ans still haven't gotten my medical's updated. Had to defer my intake. Again!
Loosing my patience every day tbh.
Sorry to hear that.
Did your medical got updated automatically? or you did something about it?