+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept. 2020 entry: Upfront medical, AIP received, Biometrics done, One semester completed, Still waiting for approval

student1997

Dec 12, 2019
I'm in the exact same situation pal, as are so many of our fellow students.

Applied June 16th, AIP on Sept 16. Bio done and updated on 23rd Dec.

Waiting for a decision as my second semester is about to begin on the 18th.

All we can do is wait and hope for the best.
true. lets hope for the best.

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is still at the following stage:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: November 27, 2020 Completed.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We are not sure if it rolled back. I think it was always at this stage. Only the biometrics got updated. Any insights on this?

So the above is same as mine. Basically my eligibility was “we are currently reviewing your eligibility” but late December it changed to we will send you a message when we start it. I think it maybe a glitch in their end. I’m not sure. Eligibility changed for a lot of people but no one has heard anything since then.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I'm in the exact same situation pal, as are so many of our fellow students.

Applied June 16th, AIP on Sept 16. Bio done and updated on 23rd Dec.

Waiting for a decision as my second semester is about to begin on the 18th.

All we can do is wait and hope for the best.
Did you get any reply regarding visa now? I came to know PPR process is now fast.

student1997

Dec 12, 2019
Dear fellow students,

I am posting this thread for one of my friend.
The timeline for the applicant's study permit application is as follows:
  • 02 June 2020: Upfront medical done and e-medical receipt received.
  • 05 August 2020: Applied for Study permit (Online from India). It is a SDS entry as one year's fees and $10000 GIC was paid as well.
  • 07 August 2020: Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) received in GC account.
  • 25 August 2020: Webform raised to upload an additional financial document (scholarship letter from institution).
  • 31 August 2020: IRCC replied and confirmed the reception of the document.
  • 22 Sept. 2020: Approval in Principal (AIP) letter received in GC account.
  • 6 Nov. 2020: Webform raised regarding the validity of BIL, as it expired on 5th Nov. 2020.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC replied and informed that expired BIL is still good and no need for new BIL.
  • 20 Nov. 2020: IRCC (Delhi High commission) sent an email informing about scheduling the biometrics appointment starting from upcoming week.
  • 24 Nov. 2020: Biometrics appointment confirmed for 26th Nov. 2020 at VAC Chandigarh, another email same day saying that appointment has been rescheduled to 27th Nov. 2020. Rescheduling was automatic and was not at our request.
  • 27 Nov. 2020: Biometrics completed. Appeared on GC account the very next day.
  • 21 Dec. 2020: Webform raised from GC account to report a technical issue regarding medical not updated. (Did this after reading certain posts online which stated that medical needs to be updated on GC account for completion of application and approval)
  • 22 Dec. 2020; Another webform raised (in panic, as the holidays were approaching) regarding status update, explained the situation, that first semester is complete and we are still waiting for the visa to travel.
  • No reply yet to the technical issue webform and the last web-form regarding status update.
Further: The institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 plan and isolation facility.

Its 11 January today and we are still waiting.
Any insights, similar scenarios and/or advice will be highly appreciated.
I will update the thread if there is any update from our side.

Regards,
Student1997
Update to above post:
Medical updated on GC account: 11 Feb. 2021
Correspondence letter (biometrics validity letter): 18 Feb. 2021
Original passport request: 18 Feb. 2021
Will update once we get the counterfoils on the passport.
Best wishes to all the applicants.

Reactions: usman_1986

Jashan1234

Jan 14, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Hello friends,
Applied in sep 2019
Boimetrics- november 2019 Updated
Medical -upfront updated august 2020
AIP received-august 2020
First semester is going to complete for jan intake 2021 and also updated additional documents on december 2020 still no response.