+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Just an update, still no movement, and am starting to get nervous for my parents PR renewal, as my sister is getting married in chicago in the second week of May.

Their application was received Feb 12, and to date, still no movement. I sent through a case enquiry requesting for urgent processing, hopefully that works out.

Crossing my fingers the cards arrives before May 10.

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Just an update, still no movement, and am starting to get nervous for my parents PR renewal, as my sister is getting married in chicago in the second week of May.

Their application was received Feb 12, and to date, still no movement. I sent through a case enquiry requesting for urgent processing, hopefully that works out.

Crossing my fingers the cards arrives before May 10.
Hopefully ur parents cards come in before time. My application wasn’t received 12 jan. Processing started 27 March n no further movement. I need to travel in May too. It’s very disappointing.

Reactions: YumiMedina

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Can Anyone here help me trying to link my application to my application account on Canada.ca. ? After putting in all the info the message pops up that no application found. Whereas, when I check through “status of application “, it says decision made. .

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hopefully ur parents cards come in before time. My application wasn’t received 12 jan. Processing started 27 March n no further movement. I need to travel in May too. It’s very disappointing.
It is a bit disappointing as it is just a renewal process and I was hoping for their citizenship came through faster than what it currently is.
I should have just renewed their PR Cards even 6 months prior to expiry, and I could have avoided this.

Question on yours though, have you done a Case Enquiry? From what I have read through this thread, is that 2 months typical wait time, then 2-3 weeks processing with the card delivered. In your case, you mentioned, process started March 27, but still no update to date.

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
It is a bit disappointing as it is just a renewal process and I was hoping for their citizenship came through faster than what it currently is.
I should have just renewed their PR Cards even 6 months prior to expiry, and I could have avoided this.

Question on yours though, have you done a Case Enquiry? From what I have read through this thread, is that 2 months typical wait time, then 2-3 weeks processing with the card delivered. In your case, you mentioned, process started March 27, but still no update to date.
No I didn’t do the Eva’s inquiry yet. I will wait one more week so that the four weeks time period is completed after the processing started. Next week I will work on that if I didn’t hear anything from them by then.

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
No I didn’t do the Eva’s inquiry yet. I will wait one more week so that the four weeks time period is completed after the processing started. Next week I will work on that if I didn’t hear anything from them by then.
I mean “E-cas” sorry typo

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
No idea. It’s so frustrating.. even their automated phone system hangs up saying that they are busy try again later. ;(
It is so had to get a hold of cic over the phone. It says busy all the time. I am leaving to India tomorrow. My husband will join me on June 1st. Just hoping I’ll get my card before that so that my husband can bring my card along with him

alicenikprince

Apr 19, 2018
CIC received my application on FEB 12
Checked for completeness on MARCH 8

anyone have an idea of when I would receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt?

Thanks in advance.

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
It is so had to get a hold of cic over the phone. It says busy all the time. I am leaving to India tomorrow. My husband will join me on June 1st. Just hoping I’ll get my card before that so that my husband can bring my card along with him
Good for you, that your husband is joining u in later months. Hopefully you will get the pr by then. I am not sure but I have read somewhere that if they make you pick up ur card, and someone else is picking up on your behalf, they might require an authorization. So you probably wanna look into that matter. All the best n have a safe flight.

Aws

Jul 4, 2017
Application for PR renewal sent on 17 January, received 18 January.
Confirmation of "reception of application" was on April 2nd. (wow!)
Started Processing on April 3rd...
Decision made status on 6 April...
now waiting mail.

this is just insane slow. Why wait 2 months before starting processing?
|Hi, my application was received on Jan 18th, and they started processing it on April 5th. Currently the status of my application is "descision made" as well. Any update on your application status?

Thanks

Love-my-life

Apr 16, 2018
Thanks
Good for you, that your husband is joining u in later months. Hopefully you will get the pr by then. I am not sure but I have read somewhere that if they make you pick up ur card, and someone else is picking up on your behalf, they might require an authorization. So you probably wanna look into that matter. All the best n have a safe flight.
Thank you! I wrote an authorization letter myself and signed it. Hope that’s sufficient.