+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

cedros123

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Just got my AOR this morning. However, ECAS is not updated yet
I sent my application on Oct 3rd via regular mail (should have been received around Oct 6th) and still no AOR .... am I still in the normal processing time ? Do I have to call them ?

Last edited:

kellyyfengg

Oct 28, 2017
I sent my application on Oct 3rd via regular mail (should have been received around Oct 6th) and still no AOR .... am I still in the normal processing time ? Do I have to call them ?
which city are you in? If you mailed it via regular mail, it might take a longer time to get there.

kellyyfengg

Oct 28, 2017
This is my timeline. ECAS shows decision made.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2017.

kellyyfengg

Oct 28, 2017
My application status still shows decision made since dec 18! Should I be worried as it usually only takes 3-4 days for them to produce the card

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
Hello,
Here is my timeline
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 5, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 5, 2017.
Received AOR on 5 Dec, Ecas on 6 Dec
Hi Sunny
My time line is similar
Application sent on 12 September 2017
In process since 16 November 2017

I have travelled many times but I have over 800 days, getting worried now.
I live in Mississauga

sharmis2

Feb 28, 2015
Hi,
I recently applied for PR card renewal (oct 31). In the document checklist and instruction guide , there was no requirement for PR card photocopy. So I did not send a pr card photocopy with the application. But recently I find that in the CIC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html) it says the following:

Include with your application:

• your PR card:
    • If you are applying to renew your card, keep your current card and include a photocopy of it with your application.
    • If you are applying to replace a card because it is damaged or the information on it is wrong, send the card with your application.
  • a clear copy of:
    • your valid passport or travel document, or
    • the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident
  • two photos that meet our photo specifications
  • any other identity documents listed in the Document Checklist (see the application package),
  • a copy of the receipt for the processing fee, and
  • a solemn declaration if your PR card was lost, stolen, destroyed or you didn’t receive it within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.

• while the document checklist and the instruction guide don't include the pr card photocopy. It is very confusing. Can anyone let me know if they are able to renew the pr card with the photocopy of pr card?